PDA

View Full Version : a little late, but...

pl8ump1012
07-06-2004, 12:13 PM
while watching one of the telecasts during the series at wrigley, i heard the announcers say that konerko originally signed with LA as a catcher (correct me if i heard wrong).
with that in mind, is he still any good at catcher? if so, perhaps without a DH, PK should have been catching (since we don't have anyone that great there now) and thomas could have played first. Maybe defensively we would have been at a little bit less of an advantage than we were, but surely both PK and Frank in the line up would have compensated. again, this is only if PK is still any good at catcher.

Dadawg_77
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
while watching one of the telecasts during the series at wrigley, i heard the announcers say that konerko originally signed with LA as a catcher (correct me if i heard wrong).
with that in mind, is he still any good at catcher? if so, perhaps without a DH, PK should have been catching (since we don't have anyone that great there now) and thomas could have played first. Maybe defensively we would have been at a little bit less of an advantage than we were, but surely both PK and Frank in the line up would have compensated. again, this is only if PK is still any good at catcher.
No, he hasn't played there in ages. And according to Randar the reason he was moved was because of hip problem prevent him from crouching behind the plate.

bobj4400
07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
:whoflungpoo

kittle42
07-06-2004, 01:42 PM
:jerry

"He can also play third base. When Paulie plays third base at our park, you better come ready to play."

Rocky Soprano
07-06-2004, 01:50 PM
:jerry

"He can also play third base. When Paulie plays third base at our park, you better come ready to play."
:rolling:

jabrch
07-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Ozzie said something earlier this year to the effect of - there is a reason why he was moved to first base. And I don't want to be the one to find out why that is. That's Ozzie's humor/sarcastic way of saying, "I know he would suck eggs at 3B or at C - so don't bother me with that nonsense."

sendimjoey
07-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Would having C. Lee in right and Konerko in left have been much worse than Ross Gload in right and Lee in left? I know that Gload is usually better than he showed in the two Friday games against the Cubs, but still, as a temporary measure with Ordonez injured, I thought it was worth a shot. I think PK could play a passing (as in, a D on your report card) left field. OK, maybe D-.

Just a thought.