PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from the RF Bleachers at The Urinal

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Kittle42 and I "enjoyed" the game from the RF bleachers. We hassled Shammy
big time. We initially were severely harassed and were easily Outnumbered.
There were only 12-15 Sox Fans as far as I could see, but somehow, we did
manage to make a lot of noise. Kittle42 will be the first to testify, that those
"fans" were no match for the strength and knowledge of a few SOX FANS.
At one point, various sections of fans tried to hassle us, out "baseball" us etc
etc, But safe to see, I personally PACIFIED THE ENTIRE RF Bleacher section.
It was daunting, but cant tell you how Great it was to feel and see that.
They left us alone the entire game afterwards.

Some of the funnier moments were when a "fan" yelled out that Ramirez was playing 3b and was better than Crede, despite the announcer mentioning someone else playing that nite. He got quiet, and said nothing more.
Another moment, a nice looking "fan" got up to get a beer, and on the way back, I noted she was now wearing a new flubby hat. She saw me smirking at new Purchase, and Chanted loudly to me......"thats right!!! Cubs suck! CUbs Suck! Cubs Suck" then realizing her mistake........skulked to her seat
and I laughed my butt off. The entire section shook their heads, afraid of
what I was going to say. funny stuff. Oh....and the nickname the Urinal ........lets just say its WARRANTED. peee uuuuuuuuuu

pl8ump1012
07-06-2004, 12:16 PM
:threadrules:

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM
for the record ........... a few cub fans were jumping up and down, but
they mostly left SOX fans alone. I thought that was interesting, mostly
behaved. But the QUOTE of the nite, and twice at that ..........
2 different cub fans afterwards.......... came up to me and said to not be so
down, we were a Good Team, and theyd see us again in OCTOBER!!
kind of made me think ................ wasnt ready for that. I wished his team
luck........ funny moment:o:

Brian26
07-06-2004, 01:20 PM
2 different cub fans afterwards.......... came up to me and said to not be so down, we were a Good Team, and theyd see us again in OCTOBER!!

Heh. Yeah, they'll be seeing us in October....

ON THEIR TV's!!!!

:D:

Brian26
07-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Hangar- BTW, were you wearing your road grey Sox jersey on Sunday? I thought I saw you on ESPN, but I could be wrong.

Mickster
07-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Hangar- BTW, were you wearing your road grey Sox jersey on Sunday? I thought I saw you on ESPN, but I could be wrong.
Ditto here....

IlliniSox
07-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I was in the UD third row by third base on Friday

When the Second Base Ump came in and called Gload's would-be Slam Foul (by raising his arms), the sea of losers around me were going nuts. The creeps behind me couldn't understand why me and my buddies were also going ballistic.

THEY ALL THOUGHT THAT THE UMP WAS CALLING THE BALL FAIR-LIKE IT WAS A TOUCHDOWN.

Nuff said.

Baby Fisk
07-06-2004, 01:29 PM
for the record ........... a few cub fans were jumping up and down, but
they mostly left SOX fans alone. I thought that was interesting, mostly
behaved. :moron
"That's because the only place you will see poorly behaved animals provoking fights is in that hell hole to the south. They even wear Cub jerseys to try and disguise themselves, but I know the TRUTH."

**bring back the disco moron!** :cool:

kittle42
07-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Henry's assessment of what transpired was dead on. Cub fans mostly stupid, but very well-behaved. One fellow to our left was actually a huge Cub fans, but despised Sosa, and was ragging on him about as much as we were. Henry's comments to Sammy in Spanish were of particular amusement.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-06-2004, 02:36 PM
glad that hangar was there. wish i was. i'm also glad that there were no death brawls

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Actually, YES. I sorted thru a ton of emails and ph calls yesterday about this, Apparently they showed me "discussing" things of baseball importance with
the nimrods behind us , heh heh.

A.T. Money
07-06-2004, 03:58 PM
I saw Henry too. He was wearing his Konerko jersey. They showed him right at the beginning there standing and talking to people.

I started laughing and thinking to myself..."Henry is always getting shown on TV!"

LOL.

I had my 2 seconds of fame on Dog Day during the 5th inning. They showed my gf, me, and my pooch.

hose
07-06-2004, 04:17 PM
We initially were severely harassed and were easily Outnumbered.
There were only 12-15 Sox Fans as far as I could see, but somehow, we did
manage to make a lot of noise. Kittle42 will be the first to testify, that those
"fans" were no match for the strength and knowledge of a few SOX FANS

12-15 Sox fans is more than enough to handle that crowd. I'm sure the Cub fans were the ones seeking reinforcements after dealing with you Hangar.

jackbrohamer
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Sorta off topic, but that photo of the "Entertain me with your corked bat" is the funniest damn sign I have ever seen at a sporting event. Is the photo with Sosa walking in that direction authentic?

HomeFish
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Sorta off topic, but that photo of the "Entertain me with your corked bat" is the funniest damn sign I have ever seen at a sporting event. Is the photo with Sosa walking in that direction authentic?

I believe that is Hangar holding the sign, so it may not be too off-topic.

kittle42
07-06-2004, 04:25 PM
I believe that is Hangar holding the sign, so it may not be too off-topic.
It's not.