PDA

View Full Version : After Sundays Loss ..........

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 12:57 PM
I was disgusted, and in no mood to talk SOX or anything else with anyone.
Kittle42 was furious and simply went home. I waited by the RF corner,
for the SOX to board the bus. After a long while, only a few players boarded,
and I tore them a new one. The Best line I came up with was .......
"Thanks .......For Embarrasing Us". Gload and a few exec types smiled at me,
then realized I meant it, and wasnt Happy. They then STOPPED smiling and
quietly took their seats.

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 01:00 PM
You should have thrown Feces on them too!!!!!!!!!!!!

pudge
07-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Hangar, did you forget to take your meds??

:bandance:

hold2dibber
07-06-2004, 01:22 PM
I was disgusted, and in no mood to talk SOX or anything else with anyone.
Kittle42 was furious and simply went home. I waited by the RF corner,
for the SOX to board the bus. After a long while, only a few players boarded,
and I tore them a new one. The Best line I came up with was .......
"Thanks .......For Embarrasing Us". Gload and a few exec types smiled at me,
then realized I meant it, and wasnt Happy. They then STOPPED smiling and
quietly took their seats.
It's one thing to criticize players on a message board or in conversations among fans. It's another thing to boo players on the field when they aren't giving effort. But for a Sox fan to wait for the players to board the bus in order to rip into them after a hard fought but unsuccesful series is just plain stupid.

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Hangar, did you forget to take your meds??

:bandance:
Meds or not............. It FELT FANTASTIC doing that. I felt much
better afterwards. The SOX know we werent happy. A cub fan
waiting for a SOX autograph asked WHY I was down on them. I told
him that HE may think its COOL to lose, but SOX fans HATED losing.

steff
07-06-2004, 01:26 PM
I thought they were kidding when I heard there was a stalker at the park on Sunday... :rolleyes:

Watch yourself Henry...

Palehose13
07-06-2004, 01:30 PM
It's one thing to criticize players on a message board or in conversations among fans. It's another thing to boo players on the field when they aren't giving effort. But for a Sox fan to wait for the players to board the bus in order to rip into them after a hard fought but unsuccesful series is just plain stupid.

I am wiht you on booing, but if Hangar did just as he wrote (only said "Thanks foir embarrasing us"), I'm cool with it. I don't think that it was really "ripping" them, but you know...I think they should have won at least ONE game.

Hangar- thanks for expressing how I feel to the guys also.
That being said, I'm getting ready to cheer for the Sox and Freddy at the Cell tonight!
:D:

Palehose13
07-06-2004, 01:31 PM
I thought they were kidding when I heard there was a stalker at the park on Sunday... :rolleyes:

Watch yourself Henry...
Ut-oh...maybe there is more to it than Hangar wrote.
:?:

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 01:39 PM
Ut-oh...maybe there is more to it than Hangar wrote.
:?:
heh heh, no......... I wasnt STALKING sox players (though there were a bunch of flub fans calling sox players names thru the gates).
Very Kiley-esque of Steff to put that out there though ...........

Tekijawa
07-06-2004, 01:39 PM
I got cold fries at Mc Donald's once and had to wait 6 hours in the parking lot for the whole crew to end each of their shifts... I think three of the employees are still seeking psychiatric help from the lambasting I gave them... It was something to the effect of "THANKS FOR THE COLD FRIES YOU MONKEY HIGHSCHOOL FLUNKIES!" To this day I haven't received a cold fry since!

steff
07-06-2004, 01:42 PM
heh heh, no......... I wasnt STALKING sox players (though there were a bunch of flub fans calling sox players names thru the gates).
Very Kiley-esque of Steff to put that out there though ...........
Henry... you're recognized by many. And your rants here are very close to the "line". Just be aware not to go overboard. That's all I'm saying.

skobabe8
07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Henry...YOU'RE CRAZY!! :D: That being said, can I ask where your seats were at the game?? just curious...

skobabe8
07-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Henry...YOU'RE CRAZY!! :D: That being said, can I ask where your seats were at the game?? just curious...

NEVERMIND!! Just saw your other thread. I'm a moron!!! :redface:

quade36
07-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Its okay to boo, but these guys don't lose games purposely. There is no need to jump on them after the fact....

eurotrash35
07-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Its okay to boo, but these guys don't lose games purposely. There is no need to jump on them after the fact....
No doubt. I'm sure they weren't throwing the game. They sucked it up on the field but really what is yelling at the players after the game accomplishing?

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 02:22 PM
No doubt. I'm sure they weren't throwing the game. They sucked it up on the field but really what is yelling at the players after the game accomplishing?It makes you feel better to yell at them, it is their fault they lose, scream at them all you want Hangar, they get paid anough Damn money, and who cares if you make them cry.

Brian26
07-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Henry... you're recognized by many. And your rants here are very close to the "line". Just be aware not to go overboard. That's all I'm saying.

Very ominous.

eurotrash35
07-06-2004, 02:44 PM
It makes you feel better to yell at them, it is their fault they lose, scream at them all you want Hangar, they get paid anough Damn money, and who cares if you make them cry.
They only get paid that much because people like us keep paying more and more money to see them play. It's a job, nobody hassles you in the McDonalds parking lot after you drop their Chicken McNuggets. :tongue:

It just shows how many people take these games way too seriously.

Dick Allen
07-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Hangar was just releasing the frustration which most of us felt after losing to the one team that the large majority of Sox fans hate losing to the most. If the players were actually able to smile at what he said, that doesn't surprise me, they are still making their millions, they should smile, unlike us.

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 02:49 PM
They only get paid that much because people like us keep paying more and more money to see them play. It's a job, nobody hassles you in the McDonalds parking lot after you drop their Chicken McNuggets. :tongue:

It just shows how many people take these games way too seriously.Well While I dont work at McDonalds, If someone dropped my CHicken Mcnugets I would be pretty pissed off, I pay enough for them McNuggets and I dont want them on the floor, I dont care if the make 6 buck and hour or $6 Mill a year, I do not want my McNuggets on the ground:cool:

kittle42
07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Hangar was just releasing the frustration which most of us felt after losing to the one team that the large majority of Sox fans hate losing to the most. If the players were actually able to smile at what he said, that doesn't surprise me, they are still making their millions, they should smile, unlike us.
True. And steff, what "line?" Is Henry gonna get permanently banned from the Cell like a bad check-writer at 7-11?

34 Inch Stick
07-06-2004, 02:59 PM
You mean the team that is 1/2 game out of first place in July is an embarasement to you?

I understand the frustration. Having to sit there on Sunday during the chants of SWEEP was a little hard to take. However this team is poised to win a division.

By the way Hangar, if you are doing enough to be noticed, you must have said something more.

harwar
07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Who of us hasn't said something while in a rage that they might think about later with a touch of regret.I know in my younger days i drank from that cup more than once.

npdempse
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
True. And steff, what "line?" Is Henry gonna get permanently banned from the Cell like a bad check-writer at 7-11?
I'd envision something more like what happened to Andy the Clown or "really loud guy from 2000."

SoxBoy14
07-06-2004, 04:09 PM
I think Hangar handled the situation better than I would've. I would be like "Thanks for humilating me in front of hundreds of idiot cub fans for three days straight you BUMS!" and then I would proceed to throw little pebbles on the ground at them until security took me away. But the series is over and now the Sox and I are at peace.

GO FREDDY TONIGHT!!!:dtroll:

Chisox_cali
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Totally un-cool in my opinion. It's just baseball, not life. I can understand yelling stuff at players from the stands, but to find them after the game and call them out is dumb.

It's like if the guy at McDonalds messed up your order, and instead of saying something there, you followed him, waited for him to get home and then yelled at him.

DaveIsHere
07-06-2004, 04:35 PM
It's like if the guy at McDonalds messed up your order, and instead of saying something there, you followed him, waited for him to get home and then yelled at him.
I have done that

Oh yeah and it isnt just baseball IT IS WHITE SOX BASEBALL!!

steff
07-06-2004, 04:37 PM

I doubt that would ever happen. With his mouth... the country would know in a matter of hours. The Sox don't need any more bad publicity. :rolleyes:

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 04:50 PM
For the record, before the Cubune gets ahold of this conversation,
I was pissed, and simply waited for them, like a bunch of other people did.
I didnt Cuss, nor did I threaten anyone, I simply said
THANKS FOR EMBARASSING US. and They heard that ........

Palehose13
07-06-2004, 04:56 PM

Sounds reasonable Hangar.

kittle42
07-06-2004, 05:32 PM
THANKS FOR EMBARASSING US. and They heard that ........I was in favor of handing out Tom Emansky videos on hitting to Joe Crede and possibly an instructional tape on catching fly balls to Ross Gload, but I didn't stick around.

hold2dibber
07-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Well While I dont work at McDonalds, If someone dropped my CHicken Mcnugets I would be pretty pissed off, I pay enough for them McNuggets and I dont want them on the floor, I dont care if the make 6 buck and hour or $6 Mill a year, I do not want my McNuggets on the ground:cool:
Man, if you knew where Chicken McNuggets came from and how they were made, you'd know that dropping them on the floor (or in the toilet for that matter) wouldn't really make them any worse than they already are. :smile:

kojak
07-06-2004, 06:22 PM
...cause y'know if you wouldn't have said anything, they probably would have just went out and gotten swept again by Anaheim. So it is a good thing that y ou were there to drill it home for them.

And kajillionaires or not, since when does making x amount of dollars in a job qualify someone to get verbal defecated upon? How would you like someone to come up to you when you were at work and yelling in your face "HEY IDIOT! EASY WITH THE TEETH!!!!"

That would not be very nice... :o:

bigfoot
07-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Man, if you knew where Chicken McNuggets came from and how they were made, you'd know that dropping them on the floor (or in the toilet for that matter) wouldn't really make them any worse than they already are. :smile:
H2Dibber, just what part of the chicken is the 'nugget'?

~Hangar:"Just when I was going to nominate you for Vice Prez, you disqualify yourself by not cussing." ('w')

~Hangar: Support the troops! Rip the decision-makers, that's what they're pay to do.