PDA

View Full Version : Charles Johnson?

jabrch
07-06-2004, 11:43 AM
If Kendall isn't available, what about bringing back CJ? Colorado would probably dump him for cheap. Between him and Sandy, that's nearly 50 years of MLB catching experience!

lowesox
07-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Do you know what his contract status is?

harwar
07-06-2004, 12:05 PM
sometimes i think i'm still doing acid flashbacks:?:
when i keep seeing the same things being posted over and over and over...

Gumshoe
07-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Charles Johnson was one of the worst trades that the Sox have made. It changed the team when it didn't need changing. He hit 1 HR the first game with us, but his defensive was absolutely atrocious and outside of that one WS team he was on, have you ever heard anything from him? No. That's because he's really not that good. He had one good season offensively, and is tremendously overrated defensively.

duke of dorwood
07-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Johnson is owed lots of $-but BOY would I take him back.

SOXSINCE'70
07-06-2004, 01:44 PM
If Kendall isn't available, what about bringing back CJ? Colorado would probably dump him for cheap. Between him and Sandy, that's nearly 50 years of MLB catching experience!No.Let's not flash back to the 2000 ALDS 3 game sweep.:gulp:

RKMeibalane
07-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Johnson is a good player, but his contract might be too big to take on. The Sox should look at other options beofre pursuing him, because JR will not spend anymore money than he has to, and there is still the issue of re-signing Maggs to worry about.

kittle42
07-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Just wait til next week, when several threads titled "Charles Johnson" and "How about Charles Johnson?" appear.

jabrch
07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Harwar...

how many pages would you like me to go back before I decide to make a post? I think it is reasonable to just look at the page on my screen. Anything past it hasn't been hit since yesterday afternoon. But if I go 5 pages back, and still find NOTHING entitled Charles Johnson, is that unreasonable? How many pages back do I need to go to keep you happy?

Better yet - if you see a thread, and you think it is redundant - don't read it - and don't crap on it.

BeerHandle
07-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Experience: 11 years
2004 Salary: $9,000,000

FasterThanPaulie
07-06-2004, 02:38 PM
NO!!!

Jason Kendall PLEASE!! PLEASE KENNY!! PLEASE!

harwar
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Harwar...

how many pages would you like me to go back before I decide to make a post? I think it is reasonable to just look at the page on my screen. Anything past it hasn't been hit since yesterday afternoon. But if I go 5 pages back, and still find NOTHING entitled Charles Johnson, is that unreasonable? How many pages back do I need to go to keep you happy?

Better yet - if you see a thread, and you think it is redundant - don't read it - and don't crap on it.
sarcasm isn't always the personal attack that it would seem to be,sometimes its just what it is .. anecdotal profundity.

jabrch
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
sarcasm isn't always the personal attack that it would seem to be,sometimes its just what it is .. anecdotal profundity.

In that case - my apologies...

Deadguy
07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Charles Johnson was one of the worst trades that the Sox have made. It changed the team when it didn't need changing. He hit 1 HR the first game with us, but his defensive was absolutely atrocious and outside of that one WS team he was on, have you ever heard anything from him? No. That's because he's really not that good. He had one good season offensively, and is tremendously overrated defensively.
Tell me this was meant to be in teal.

His OPS was over a 1.000 with the White Sox, so I don't know what else you could have asked him to do. And regardless of your opinion of his defense, if a catcher is hitting that well, he's not a liability, even if he's as terrible behind the plate as Piazza.

And what do you mean "outside of one WS ring", what have you heard from him? Players need to have multiple WS rings to have credibility?

dickallen15
07-06-2004, 04:23 PM
There was a published report last week that said the White Sox had no interest in Johnson, which is good news. CJ was awesome in his half season with the Sox, but has pretty much struggled since. He is nowhere near the defensive catcher he once was, and looking at his stats the couple years before he got to Coors indicates his bat wouldn't be much at sea level.