PDA

View Full Version : How much will the Sox draw this week

gosox41
07-06-2004, 10:30 AM
So it's after Memorial Day. The weather is expected to be good. The Angels and Mariners are in town. One team is good the other isn't. The Sox are 1/2 game out of first. Tuesday is a 1/2 price night wiht Freddy making his debut, Sat. is fireworks night. I believe Sunday is a kids day, but may be wrong on that.

As far as I'm concerned, the Sox should be able to 210K people for the week. Maybe I'm overly optimistic (me an optimist???:D: ) but tonight and Saturday night's game should be able to draw sell outs of 40K or whatever it is there these days. Kids day on Sunday should be good for 35K. I'd like to think the Sox can draw 30K on Wed. and Fri. games. Thursday is a day game, but I don't think a crowd of 25K is unrealistic with camps taking kids there as well as school being out.

What do you think?

Bob

EDIT: First choice should be for less then 125,000. I was never too good at math.

Bob

Flight #24
07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
So it's after Memorial Day. The weather is expected to be good. The Angels and Mariners are in town. One team is good the other isn't. The Sox are 1/2 game out of first. Tuesday is a 1/2 price night wiht Freddy making his debut, Sat. is fireworks night. I believe Sunday is a kids day, but may be wrong on that.

As far as I'm concerned, the Sox should be able to 210K people for the week. Maybe I'm overly optimistic (me optimist???:D: ) but tonight and Saturday night's game should be able to draw sell outs of 40K or whatever it is there these days. Kids day on Sunday should be good for 35K. I'd like to think the Sox can draw 30K on Wed. and Fri. games. Thursday is a day game, but I don't think a crowd of 25K is unrealistic with camps taking kids there as well as school being out.

What do you think?

Bob
What - you don't think fans willcome out in droves to see former Sox "future all-star" Miguel Olivo???

Seriously - it's getting to the point where we should expect fans to come out regardless of opponent. Seattle's got some names (Ichiro, Edgar), has historically been a VERY good team, and most importantly - the Sox are not only contending, but look like they're attempting to transform themselves into the major market team we've all hoped for (assuming the reports of Garcia's extension and the last Maggs proposal are accurate).

I'll be VERY disappointed if we don't draw pretty well, pushing averages into the upper 20s.

(And IMO this is a legit topic since the team is making the type of moves we've hoped for, not your usual "attendance sucks" thread).

Cellview22
07-06-2004, 10:41 AM
I doubt the weather will be perfect all week. When the Sox are at home, we tend to get thunderstorms, so I expect to see them at the end of this week. :cool:

Tonight, I'm predicting 29K
Wed. 26
Thur. 22
Fri. 27
Sat. 34
Sun. 28
= 166,000 (or less if we see rain in the forecast for the weekend).

JoseCanseco6969
07-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Well i know im going for sure thursday and possible wednesday, friday and saturday. Hope to see some of you out at the cell!

cbrownson13
07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
I'll be there Thursday, so expect at least 2.

voodoochile
07-06-2004, 11:14 AM
EDIT: First choice should be for less then 125,000. I was never too good at math.
Fixed... Just remember... The little one eats the big one...:D:

Mickster
07-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Actual 6 day home attendance figure from the last homestand:

The Cheat
07-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I doubt the weather will be perfect all week. When the Sox are at home, we tend to get thunderstorms, so I expect to see them at the end of this week. :cool:

Tonight, I'm predicting 29K
Wed. 26
Thur. 22
Fri. 27
Sat. 34
Sun. 28
= 166,000 (or less if we see rain in the forecast for the weekend).
Can I have some lottery numbers..... Those guesses were eerily accurate.

Cellview22
07-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Whoa, I was just 145 off the actual 6-day home attendance figure. Do I get a prize for this? :D:

I think from now on, if the weather is nice and the Cubs are not playing at the same time, Saturday night home games will all be sellouts or near sellouts. I've been noticing a big trend of "die-hard Cub fans" who claim to be "Chicago fans" and cheer for both teams. When both teams are playing at the same time, our crowds are way down (Friday), but when they play at different times, the crowds are much bigger. While some Cub fans say they hate the Sox, I would guess that a lot of them are "Chicago fans" and root for both teams. Maybe they just enjoy watching live baseball at a stadium that doesn't smell like urine. Just leave your Cub gear at home, please!!!