PDA

View Full Version : Nice gesture by Griffey...

Kilroy
07-06-2004, 11:28 AM
When Grif Jr. belted #500, the fan who got it, Mark Crummley gave if back, no questions asked. Grif showered him with gifts, including a game worn autographed jersey.

Yesterday, Jr. gave the guy an all expense paid trip for four to the all-star game next week. It includes tix to HR derby, fan fest, AS game, round trip air, and hotel, all for four.

:cheers:

Palehose13
07-06-2004, 11:32 AM
When Grif Jr. belted #500, the fan who got it, Mark Crummley gave if back, no questions asked. Grif showered him with gifts, including a game worn autographed jersey.

Yesterday, Jr. gave the guy an all expense paid trip for four to the all-star game next week. It includes tix to HR derby, fan fest, AS game, round trip air, and hotel, all for four.

Very cool. I always liked Griffey.

Railsplitter
07-06-2004, 11:50 AM

Well done, Griff! Too bad the injury bug set in, bacause I'd rather see him break Hank Aaron's record than Barry Bonds.

Railsplitter
07-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Well done, Griff! Too bad the injury bug set in, or else he'd be the one closing in on Hank Aaron

Mickster
07-06-2004, 12:08 PM
The kid will also be dressed in an all-star baseball uniform and will be allowed to shag balls in the outfield during the home-run derby.

StepsInSC
07-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Nice gesture indeed, but I still think it pales in comparison to the guy's original action of just giving the ball back...

Remember the crap with Bond's record breaking ball?