PDA

View Full Version : How MLB Screwed Carlos Beltrán!

Viva Magglio
07-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Lost in our rage at our own team getting screwed over ASG-wise, at least our players weren't screwed the way Carlos Beltrán was. He was selected as an AL all star per players' election, yet he won't get to play for the NL team because he changed leagues. What kind of dope would run a league in which such a travesty could happen? I can think of five answers:

:tool, :tool, :tool, :tool, and :tool

StepsInSC
07-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Yup he got BF'ed on this one. Could be the most deserving player out there this year.

HomeFish
07-05-2004, 10:44 PM
As an AL fan, I'm not complaining that one of the best NL players won't be in the game.

RKMeibalane
07-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Beltran should be on the NL team. It's not his fault that he was traded. Why penalize him because of something that was beyond his control. As someone else pointed out, you could make the argument that he is the most deserving outfielder of an All Star invitation.

Baseball has so many problems right now. The worst part about the situation is that nobody wants to do anything to solve these problems. Maybe if baseball had a real commissioner, things would improve.

Dadawg_77
07-06-2004, 12:09 PM
It has always worked like that, just many ASG players don't change team mid stream before the game. But you forgot who this move screwed too, since Beltran wasn't KC rep, he could have been their only rep, the AL team had to take Harvey thus eliminating Thomas or Konerko and had to take another OF, Lawton.

Jerko
07-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Beltran should be on the NL team. It's not his fault that he was traded. Why penalize him because of something that was beyond his control. As someone else pointed out, you could make the argument that he is the most deserving outfielder of an All Star invitation.

Baseball has so many problems right now. The worst part about the situation is that nobody wants to do anything to solve these problems. Maybe if baseball had a real commissioner, things would improve.
I don't want Beltran on the NL team. We need the AL to win again so the Sox can have home field for the WS, since we all know how well they play in NL parks!

mdep524
07-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Lost in our rage at our own team getting screwed over ASG-wise, at least our players weren't screwed the way Carlos Beltrán was. He was selected as an AL all star per players' election, yet he won't get to play for the NL team because he changed leagues. What kind of dope would run a league in which such a travesty could happen? I can think of five answers:

:tool, :tool, :tool, :tool, and :tool
What really disgusts me is you can bet your bottom dollar that if it was Barry Bonds or Sammy Sosa or Roger Clemens that was traded, MLB would without any hesitation find a way to get them in the All Star Game. Beltran? They don't care. :angry: :angry: :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-06-2004, 01:52 PM
What really disgusts me is you can bet your bottom dollar that if it was Barry Bonds or Sammy Sosa or Roger Clemens that was traded, MLB would without any hesitation find a way to get them in the All Star Game. Beltran? They don't care. :angry: :angry: :angry:
I thought about that. There are so many double-standards in Major League Baseball right now. It's sickening. I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the game, especially if Thomas isn't there.

I'm sick of seeing Sammy Sosa put forth so much effort to win a HOME RUN CONTEST. If he put even a fraction of the effort that he puts into that contest into regular games, the Sox might not have traded him twelve years ago. The man is such a fraud. I cannot wait until the day when it's officially learned that he has been taking steroids.

More than that, I'm sick of Bud Selig. He has caused so many problems for baseball. The MLB needs a real commissioner, not a George Steinbrenner puppet.

Niagara
07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I think that Carlos is so busy doing the happy dance because He got to leave the Royals that He doesn't care about the All-Star Game.:supernana:

mdep524
07-06-2004, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=RKMeibalane]I thought about that. There are so many double-standards in Major League Baseball right now. It's sickening. I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the game, especially if Thomas isn't there. [QUOTE]

Honestly, I have absolutely NO interest at all in the All Star Game. Its just one big publicity stunt. What I care about is the White Sox, and the AL pennant.

I almost certainly will not be watching the game, just for complete and utter lack of interest.

Lip Man 1
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I can assure you based on everything MLB has done to try to hurt the Yankees "Proud To be Your Bud" Selig is NOT a Steinbrenner puppet.

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
I can assure you based on everything MLB has done to try to hurt the Yankees "Proud To be Your Bud" Selig is NOT a Steinbrenner puppet.

Lip
That's what he wants us to believe.

StillMissOzzie
07-12-2004, 03:25 AM
There is some justice in this world. After Ken Griffey Jr pulled out of both the Home Run hitting contest and the ASG, Carlos Beltran was named as his replacement.

SMO
:gulp:

TommyJohn
07-12-2004, 04:15 AM
There is some justice in this world. After Ken Griffey Jr pulled out of both the Home Run hitting contest and the ASG, Carlos Beltran was named as his replacement.

SMO
:gulp:
Awwwwwww. I'm really going to miss all that breathless blabbering about
"the first All-Star outfield in which all three have 500 home runs!!!"

ma_deuce
07-12-2004, 09:24 AM
As an AL fan, I'm not complaining that one of the best NL players won't be in the game.
Amen to that.

Dadawg_77
07-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Amen to that.
Uhhhmmmm... haven't read the sports page this morning. Beltran was names to the NL team to replace Jr.