PDA

View Full Version : Twinks game

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 08:56 PM
The twins are winning 6-0 damn Royals.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 09:23 PM
And the Twins 'soft' schedule continues for another two weeks.

Lip

HomeFish
07-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Wait, aren't the Royals the division favorites?

WinningUgly!
07-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Wait, aren't the Royals the division favorites?
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/mlb/PenaKC_185x242.jpg
"Mark my words, we'll still win the AL Central."

Viva Magglio
07-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, so much for our claims that we're still in first place.

WinningUgly!
07-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, so much for our claims that we're still in first place.
We're still tied in the loss column. :dunno:

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Minnesota has now played 3 more games than the Sox. I think the Sox have the toughest 2nd half because they play so many games.

WinningUgly!
07-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Minnesota has now played 3 more games than the Sox. I think the Sox have the toughest 2nd half because they play so many games.
Toriiiiiiiii Hunter just went down on a play at 1st. No word on how serious the injury is yet.

Viva Magglio
07-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Toriiiiiiiii Hunter just went down on a play at 1st. No word on how serious the injury is yet.
We never want to see players get injured, but if Minnesota loses Hunter it would provide us a leg up.

soltrain21
07-05-2004, 10:27 PM

Looked pretty brutal, like a back injury.

Kruk blamed Harvey for that. I didn't see what Harvey did wrong, though?

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Especially with how easy their schedule is going to be. I love seeing them lose...but I don't want Detroit to start gaining.

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Twins win 9-0...

samram
07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Cross off one more game against a terrible team for the Twins. I like the thought of these guys playing the Yanks 7 times in late September.

Viva Magglio
07-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Don't we have an easier schedule in the second half than the Twins? Someone posted a comparison a while back.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 10:38 PM
It's slightly easier down the stretch but again folks I wouldn't rely on those Twins / Yankees games.

New York is going to have that division wrapped up by then and Torre may be resting his regulars. It could be a lot easier for the Twins then you think especially if Minnesota has something to play for and the Yankees minor leaguers are on the field.

You heard it here first...

Lip

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Don't we have an easier schedule in the second half than the Twins? Someone posted a comparison a while back.
Not right away but eventually we face Detroit so many times...since they're in our division and we haven't faced them yet.

samram
07-05-2004, 10:56 PM
It's slightly easier down the stretch but again folks I wouldn't rely on those Twins / Yankees games.

New York is going to have that division wrapped up by then and Torre may be resting his regulars. It could be a lot easier for the Twins then you think especially if Minnesota has something to play for and the Yankees minor leaguers are on the field.

You heard it here first...

Lip
I think Boston has another run in them and their August schedule has a lot of Toronto and Detroit. I also think that no team wants to coast into the first round anymore because of the success that wild card teams have had for the last couple of years- it's the teams that come in having had to play hard for the last couple of weeks that can stay hot through the postseason (Marlins, Cubs, Giants, Angels). The Braves coasted last year and lost in the first round, same with the Sox in 2000 and there's probably several other examples I'm missing. The point is Torre won't be comfortable letting his guys go 7-7 or 8-6 during the last two weeks.

ma-gaga
07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Don't we have an easier schedule in the second half than the Twins? Someone posted a comparison a while back.Yeah, August is "brutal" for the Twins compared to the W.Sox, and they still have to play the Yankees whereas the W.Sox are done with them.

The Twins definitely have a harder schedule, despite all the "extra" games that the W.Sox have to make up. Looking at the schedule, I think that the Twins NEED a 5 game lead going into August 1st to have a shot at the division. If they are still tied with the W.Sox, the W.Sox have a pretty big advantage. There's only 22 games left in this month to get that cushion, including 3 head to heads... It's going to be tough unless they can return the "sweep" favor.

Looking at my pocket schedule the Twins in August face:
BOS, ANA, OAK, SEA, CLE, NYY, CLE, TEX, and ANA.

But truthfully, the division will probably be decided September 14-16 and 20-22. Those six head to head games will likely seperate the division winner from the runner up.