View Full Version : Pray for A Boston "Red Flag" trade

he_gone_89
07-05-2004, 06:36 PM
the BoSox are 8-12 in their last 20
and their chances of an AL East pennant
is gone. If they keep their losing ways and the AL west
can lock up the wild card,we should make a big trade with the other sox
personally,i would:

trade Wille Harris,Ross Gload,Felix Diaz and Michael Rivera[if he is still in our minor league system]

for

Pokey Reese,Doug Mirabelli OR Jason Varitek,Tim Wakefield,and Brian Daubach

it may sound crazy now,but we could use these guys. Mirabelli,Wakefield and Varitek were instrumental along with others with the postseason apperences by the red sox,Reese is a better hitter and fielder than Harris and Daubach can start once again,which is why he isnt like he was when he first played with boston,he was a clutch hitter who could convert with RISP[something we need to do] when he started,but his confidence was shot when he became a Pinch Hitter/Backup

dickallen15
07-05-2004, 06:44 PM
personally,i would:

trade Wille Harris,Ross Gload,Felix Diaz and Michael Rivera[if he is still in our minor league system]

for

it may sound crazy now,but we could use these guys. Mirabelli,Wakefield and Varitek were instrumental along with others with the postseason apperences by the red sox,Reese is a better hitter and fielder than Harris and Daubach can start once again,which is why he isnt like he was when he first played with boston,he was a clutch hitter who could convert with RISP[something we need to do] when he started,but his confidence was shot when he became a Pinch Hitter/Backup
First off, Michael Rivera was released a couple months ago. Secondly, Boston isn't going to dump. They still have an excellent chance at a wild card.

OzzieBall2004
07-05-2004, 08:04 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:
This thread sucks, that trade is completely unrealistic and would never happen. The BoSox might be struggling, but theyre the team most likely to get the wild card. Besides, BoSox Fans would never stand for a dumping like that, especially when only 5 or 6 back and still in first or second for the wildcard.

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 08:13 PM
This is just about as good of an Idea as the Indians trading away CC and Martinez.

Nick@Nite
07-05-2004, 08:20 PM
personally,i would:

for

I agree with this trade as long as the BoSox throw in Spaceman Lee.

Hokiesox
07-06-2004, 10:45 AM
The only thing you're missing is the deep pink.