PDA

View Full Version : Table Setters Not Getting Job Done!!

joeynach
07-05-2004, 09:57 AM
The only thing i can see about June and now the beginning of July being so bad for the sox has to do with our 1 and 2 hitters. Our normal 1 2 punch of harris and uribe are not getting the job done. They are not getting on base at all. They are both in a continous free fall. When these two guys are hitting our offense is potent, when they are not its flat. They get on base steal, get bunted over, make the pitcher uneasy forcing him to throw more fastballs, etc. They are our table setters for our big 3,4,5 guys. Lee had 3 hits yesterday the only ones that mattered is the one that left the park cuz there was no one base any time he was up. Unacceptable. Our recent woes stem from exactly this. I would say Kenny needs to make a move for a much more established 1 or 2 guy, IE Jason Kendall.

SEALgep
07-05-2004, 10:05 AM
I think Kendall is becoming more of a realistic option by the day. We could use a full time catcher, not that Burke hasn't been catching well, and a top of the order on base guy. Kendall fills both needs.

joeynach
07-05-2004, 10:21 AM
I think Kendall is becoming more of a realistic option by the day. We could use a full time catcher, not that Burke hasn't been catching well, and a top of the order on base guy. Kendall fills both needs.
It will be very hard if not impossible to get kendall. He is a great player and im sure Pitt would want some prospects for him. The sox would want pitt to eat some of his contract. The sox are short on prospects and pitt is short on money. Kendalls contract is huge for the next 4 or 5 years. The cant really afford him at all. This deal is basically a pipe dream, pitt would ask for like sweeney, borchard, and diaz or something. The sox would ask for like 15 million dollars. Not of which is going to happen. Kendall to the sox, i think not. But still we really need a sold #1 or #2 lineup guy.

skobabe8
07-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Joeynach--I was going to start this exact same thread. I kid you not. Harris and Uribe are the straws that stir the drink. Where would Florida have been last year minus Pierre/Castillo setting the table??

CWSGuy406
07-05-2004, 02:26 PM
It will be very hard if not impossible to get kendall. He is a great player and im sure Pitt would want some prospects for him. The sox would want pitt to eat some of his contract. The sox are short on prospects and pitt is short on money. Kendalls contract is huge for the next 4 or 5 years. The cant really afford him at all. This deal is basically a pipe dream, pitt would ask for like sweeney, borchard, and diaz or something. The sox would ask for like 15 million dollars. Not of which is going to happen. Kendall to the sox, i think not. But still we really need a sold #1 or #2 lineup guy.
No, they wouldn't ask for any of our top prospects. They've been wanting to rid themselves of that contract since last year - they're not going to ask for Sweeney, Borchard, Diaz (Well they might ask, and Kenny will immediately hang up). Rauch, IMHO, would be the guy to go if a deal was made with Pitt.

It's not a pipedream either. In fact, I think the Sox will land at least one player from Pitt (Kendall or Meadows) by July 31st. You heard it hear first. If it doesn't happen, I never said it would. :?: :tongue:

A. Cavatica
07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Harris and Uribe are the straws that stir the drink.
The problem is, the drink is flat Dr. Pepper.

nasox
07-05-2004, 02:58 PM
I just hope Harris and Uribe aren't returning to their "true" form.

joeynach
07-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Joeynach--I was going to start this exact same thread. I kid you not. Harris and Uribe are the straws that stir the drink. Where would Florida have been last year minus Pierre/Castillo setting the table??
What can i say, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!