PDA

View Full Version : We will be fine!

chisox1388
07-05-2004, 01:32 AM
I was so pissed after the Sox lost tonight, but then I realized, we are still in first place! The Cubs are a good team and we didn't have our two best players. I will make a prediction, just as I did last year before the all star break: The Sox will go on a major tear starting very soon and will win this division. When Maggs gets back, we will pick it up and our team will be running on all cylinders. Minnesota sucks and they are finally starting to realize that after we swept their asses this week. This year, they will not take it from us.

samram
07-05-2004, 01:34 AM
I was so pissed after the Sox lost tonight, but then I realized, we are still in first place! The Cubs are a good team and we didn't have our two best players. I will make a prediction, just as I did last year before the all star break: The Sox will go on a major tear starting very soon and will win this division. When Maggs gets back, we will pick it up and our team will be running on all cylinders. Minnesota sucks and they are finally starting to realize that after we swept their asses this week. This year, they will not take it from us.
And remember, they are running out of games against suckfests. And Pohlad has said he doesn't want to add to payroll.

oldcomiskey
07-05-2004, 08:11 AM
I wouldve felt no worse had we been swept by Minnesota---Ozzie and Greg had better get the message across again---you cant go up there and try to be Micky Mantle every time up---Crede has yet to learn to shorten his swing with 2 strikes and apparently every one else has forgotten how to. But we are still in good shape.. lets shake it off and beat the Angels

hsnterprize
07-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey...as reluctant as I am to do this...I'll give the Cubs their due. Let's face it...the big offensive machine we have on the South Side was nothing short of "offensive" this past weekend. The Cubs' pitching shut the Sox bats down...plain and simple.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but we'd expect the Cubs fans to deal with it if the results were in our favor. Take the grief with your chin up, and don't let your Sox Pride waiver. Once the Sox get back on track against Anaheim, it'll be okay.

chisoxfanforever
07-05-2004, 08:40 AM
I feel alittle better this morning. We beat ourselves in many respects. While it would have been nice to split the series with the Cubs, it wouldn't matter one iota in this town. We could be in 1st by 10 games, the Cubs in last and even if won all 6 of the interleague games, we would still be the 2nd class citizens in Chicago! (thank you Chicago media) So we go on, an cheer for the sox as hard as ever.

rockfordsox
07-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Put this in back of us and lets look ahead to a month where we begin to pull away from the divison. Go SOX and anyone playing the twins.

Clarkdog
07-05-2004, 10:28 AM
While it is disheartneing that the Sox were swept this weekend there are quite a few positives to take away:

1. We are still in first place - which is just where you want to be one week short of the all-star break. Not bad, consideing June was a difficult month schedule wise and we were playing without Maggs and (on certain nights) Thomas. Let's hope we can put some distance between the Twins on this homestand.
2. Even with the sweep - the end result was a 3-3 road trip. I'm not surprised by the letdown against the Cubs, after the intense three game sweep of the Twins at the Metrodome. I think the three game sweep of the Twins will pay more dividends for the Sox psyche than any damage as a result of the sweep by the Cubs.
3. Our pitching has looked pretty good. Buehrle was on last night, and was dealing - without the help of the expanded strike zone that Rusch and Maddux were getting. Diaz settled in, Garland outdeuled the best pitcher in the AL in June, Garcia looked good (sans the homers). If we could just figure out why we're giving up the long ball so much. That's what is making the pitching look bad.
4. KW is not done dealing to improve the ballclub. As long as Ordonez does not figure in - because I think when he comes back the Sox will go on a major tear - I'm open to it. Another arm (starter, bullpen) and a catcher would likely complete the puzzle.

wassagstdu
07-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Let's see. The sox send up four hitters who swing from the heels on every pitch and -- one actually hits it out. Sox baseball at its best. The Cubs then win the game on one base hit. And of course it takes two to make a walk and if one is thinking only trot-around-the-bases it ain't gonna happen. That was a clear demonstration of what the Sox are missing and I thought Ozzie was going to fix. The Sox got shut down by good pitching as usual because they do not know how to play the game, which means in this case shorten your swing when you are overmatched, put a man on base, move him around, make them throw strikes. I can't tell you how disgusting it is to see the Cubs playing better baseball than the Sox.

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 10:56 AM
While it is disheartneing that the Sox were swept this weekend there are quite a few positives to take away:

1. We are still in first place - which is just where you want to be one week short of the all-star break. Not bad, consideing June was a difficult month schedule wise and we were playing without Maggs and (on certain nights) Thomas. Let's hope we can put some distance between the Twins on this homestand.
2. Even with the sweep - the end result was a 3-3 road trip. I'm not surprised by the letdown against the Cubs, after the intense three game sweep of the Twins at the Metrodome. I think the three game sweep of the Twins will pay more dividends for the Sox psyche than any damage as a result of the sweep by the Cubs.
3. Our pitching has looked pretty good. Buehrle was on last night, and was dealing - without the help of the expanded strike zone that Rusch and Maddux were getting. Diaz settled in, Garland outdeuled the best pitcher in the AL in June, Garcia looked good (sans the homers). If we could just figure out why we're giving up the long ball so much. That's what is making the pitching look bad.
4. KW is not done dealing to improve the ballclub. As long as Ordonez does not figure in - because I think when he comes back the Sox will go on a major tear - I'm open to it. Another arm (starter, bullpen) and a catcher would likely complete the puzzle.

The Sox are slumping, without Magglio and without Frank in the line-up and the Cubbies just barely nudged out the Sox in the last two games.

I'm all about being positive today.

Diaz looked good.
Buehrle looked good.
Garcia starts tomorrow.
Hey ho, let's go!
:supernana:

OzzieBall
07-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Great to see some positive responses to the series. We beat ourselves last night, got a rain out on Saturday and were beaten by a hell of a pitcher on Friday. That's baseball. Now let's beat the angels, hope the royals play the Twins rough and go into the All-Star break in first-place alone.

Go Sox

CHISOXFAN13
07-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Hell, we entered last week a game back of Minnesota with three games there and three at the Shrine. The Twinkies got to play Arizona, yet we picked up a game.

I like our chances.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Ozzie can't work miracles overnight with guys who basically play station to station baseball.

A better evaluation can be made in a few seasons when he has remade the club in his own image, gotten rid of some of the lumbering dinosaurs and had time to actually work on fundamentals during spring training for a few years (unlike Manager Gandhi).

Lip

Dan H
07-05-2004, 05:55 PM
This is not the end of the world, hard as it is to take. We Sox fans have to keep our heads up in the face of the humiliation. I don't think the Sox played all that badly, but Loaiza looked bad and Sox hitters again couldn't hit a junk pitcher. Yet the Lee HR and the start of the a comeback in game two shows the Sox are never really out of any game. The season didn't end on July 4. Losing to the Cubs sucks, but the season wouldn't end with a Sox sweep either. There is plenty of time to learn from this and get back on track. Let the Cub fans have their fan now, we would if the situation was reversed. Meanwhile it is time focus on a division championship.

HITMEN OF 77
07-05-2004, 06:50 PM
I was dissapointed after the loss last night, but then I remembered, the differnce between the Cubs and us. We'll be playing in the post season and they will be at home watching us.

red faber
07-06-2004, 02:04 AM

the flubs were the better team.

but we'll be the better team come october!!!!