PDA

View Full Version : It could be worse...

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 12:06 AM
The Sox could have fallen out of first place this weekend. At least the Sox are tied for first.

If the shoe were on the other foot, Les Grobstein would be telling us that this is a split with the Sox winning one series the Cubs the other.

I put the following message on my voicemail moments before the Sox lost:

"Hello you've reached the (Crawdads), fans of the first-place Chicago White Sox."

As soon as the Cubbies won, my phone started to ring off the wall and I just let them hear my message.

BTW with the Cards sweeping, the Cubbies gained zero ground on the Cardinals.

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 12:09 AM
yeah...some of the cubs fans would rather have a sweep than a WS....so w/e....I'd much rather have a WS...I'd take a 6 game sweep from the Flubs if it meant a title for the Sox.

SomebodyToldMe
07-05-2004, 03:18 AM
yeah...it could have been worse...the cubs could have won 5 out of 6...or all of them.

god this hurts.

Baby Fisk
07-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Look at it this way: the Yankees went into Shea this weekend and got swept as well. This happens, and it's not the end of the season. Time to take out all that rage on the Angels & M's. :cool:

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Look at it this way: the Yankees went into Shea this weekend and got swept as well. This happens, and it's not the end of the season. Time to take out all that rage on the Angels & M's. :cool:

Great point!

Kogs35
07-05-2004, 09:46 AM
ill tell u the truth yes this hurts but im really looking forward to garica sox home debut. btw mike o golnik of espn1000 should be fired. he is unprofessional and loves to bash the sox any chance he gets he did yesterday and does it during his updates.i guess u can call him the murph of espn1000

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 09:52 AM
ill tell u the truth yes this hurts but im really looking forward to garica sox home debut. btw mike o golnik of espn1000 should be fired. he is unprofessional and loves to bash the sox any chance he gets he did yesterday and does it during his updates.i guess u can call him the murph of espn1000

Good to go with Garcia!

Other positives...

* Diaz looked great, outside that first inning when he was understandably nervous.

* Buehrle pitched fantastic for the 2nd game straight.

Kogs35
07-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Good to go with Garcia!

Other positives...

* Diaz looked great, outside that first inning when he was understandably nervous.

ive been looking forward to this since last week. and the stuff buehrle used on his arm i think garland used it. its some hot stuff. i forgot the name

samram
07-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Good to go with Garcia!

Other positives...

Felix did look pretty good after the first. If that game was at home, I wouldn't have had a doubt theat they would get those runs back and soon. On the other hand, an AL team may have beat him up some more, but I think he earned another start.

Blob
07-05-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm glad to see some positive posts today. Yeah, it does sting we lost all 3 to the scrubbies but, life and baseball go on!

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Felix did look pretty good after the first. If that game was at home, I wouldn't have had a doubt theat they would get those runs back and soon. On the other hand, an AL team may have beat him up some more, but I think he earned another start.

Diaz pitched 4 innings, with 6 K's what many Cubbie fans tell us is the most important stat.

Baby Fisk
07-05-2004, 10:22 AM
ive been looking forward to this since last week. and the stuff buehrle used on his arm i think garland used it. its some hot stuff. i forgot the nameYeah, the roaming female reporter (name escapes me) for ESPN commented on the hot stuff last night. She said Buehrle used it in his previous start, but overdid it. The burning made him want to pitch as quickly as possible and get out of there. He used a little less last night. Whatever it is seems to be working well...

MrRoboto83
07-05-2004, 05:55 PM
a so called friend of mine called me today to rag on me about the flubs, then I asked him if the flubs played today, he said he didnt know, big suprise, so i had to break the sad news that the brewers won 1-0 and the cardinals win also, lets just say the conversation ended right after that. These fans drive me nuts!! R U a baseball fan or not?? right?

Kogs35
07-05-2004, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Baby Fisk]Yeah, the roaming female reporter (name escapes me) for ESPN commented on the hot stuff last night.QUOTE]

her name is Sam Ryan

LongLiveFisk
07-05-2004, 06:05 PM
The silver (and black?) lining in the dark cubbie-blue cloud yesterday was that Buehrle did NOT suffer a loss. It still sucked to lose the game after Carlos tied it up, but you hate to see a guy get pegged with a loss after such a tremendous effort. Unfortunately for Mark, if the Sox could have put up even half the offense they usually do for him (approx. 8 runs per game), we're all a little happier today. :(:

Oh well
We'll get 'em next year :tongue:

Dan H
07-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Thank you. This makes me much better. I love it when the Sox beat the Cubs but way too much emphasis is put on these games. Let's just hope the Sox can put this behind them and get back to winning.

kcsportscaster
07-06-2004, 02:32 AM
[QUOTE=Baby Fisk]Yeah, the roaming female reporter (name escapes me) for ESPN commented on the hot stuff last night.QUOTE]

her name is Sam Ryan
This may not be related to this thread, but I'll bring this up anyway. Is it me, or is Sam Ryan trying to look exactly like NFL and college hoops sideline reporter and college hoops studio host and sports special host extraordinare Bonnie Bernstein of CBS Sports? For those of you who were at The Urinal Sunday night, did any of you see her from a distance and first thought she was Bonnie Bernstein only to find out that it was Sam Ryan? I would strongly suspect that one can easily be confused for the other from a distance. Just a thought.