PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's lineups

A. Cavatica
07-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Not that I can prove the Sox would've won with a different lineup, but I am upset about Frank riding the pine tonight. And the Sox drew no walks in the game. If you could go back in time and make out tonight's lineup card, what would it be?

No fair including Miggy & Reed.

mdep524
07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Not that I can prove the Sox would've won with a different lineup, but I am upset about Frank riding the pine tonight. And the Sox drew no walks in the game. If you could go back in time and make out tonight's lineup card, what would it be?

1. Perez RF
2. Uribe 2B
3. Thomas 1B
4. Lee LF
5. Rowand CF
6. Valentin SS
7. Crede 3B
8. Burke C
9. Buehrle P

Willie is awful, and shouldn't be in the line up at all right now. Timo may not hit lefties well, but he has a much better chance of finding a way to get on base than Willie. Valentin deserves to play over Willie also- Jose's struggles are against lefties with a hard breaking ball or fast heater. Rusch has neither, I think Jose could've hit him.

Jurr
07-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I don't remember any of 'em hitting this whole series. It's a little funk the team is in. Didn't matter a bit.

Dadawg_77
07-04-2004, 11:04 PM

Rowand CF
Lee LF
Thomas 1B
Jose SS
Crede 3B
Perez RF
Haris 2B
Burke C
Mark

JB98
07-04-2004, 11:05 PM

Uribe 2b
Perez rf
Thomas 1b
Lee lf
Valentin ss
Rowand cf
Crede 3b
Burke c
Buerhle p

I can't believe Ozzie allowed us to get swept by the Cubs while a HOF hitter sat on the bench for three straight days. Thomas should have played two of the three. This really isn't Paulie's fault; I'll admit to that. He was one of the few who had good swings tonight. He just got underneath that 2-0 pitch from Hawkins in the ninth. Harris can't hit anybody right now, let alone a left-handed pitcher. Jose has been out there everyday, so maybe he needed a rest. I wish we could get Tony G. back from the Royals. He kills pitchers like Glendon Rusch.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Well uribe and willie are both really struggling. Until maggs comes back if I'm ozzie uribe in hitting further down in the lineup timo is leading off and aaron is batting 2nd.

mdep524
07-04-2004, 11:07 PM
I wish we could get Tony G. back from the Royals. He kills pitchers like Glendon Rusch.
Maybe we can...

I see 2B becoming a big problem for this team very soon....

1951Campbell
07-04-2004, 11:09 PM
:ozzie

"I make the ****ing lineup."

A. Cavatica
07-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Two words: Bry. Nelson.

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Batting Practice, Monday July 5, 11am At Us Cellular Field.

Viva Magglio
07-05-2004, 12:23 AM
Batting Practice, Monday July 5, 11am At Us Cellular Field.
And I hope Ozzie works them like Bear Bryant worked his Aggies in Junction.

WinningUgly!
07-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Not that I can prove the Sox would've won with a different lineup, but I am upset about Frank riding the pine tonight. And the Sox drew no walks in the game.
Tough to walk when a guy isn't throwing any balls. :?:

Iguana775
07-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Tough to walk when a guy isn't throwing any balls. :?:
And when the ump is calling strikes 6 inches off the plate.

Dadawg_77
07-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Maybe we can...

It hasn't already?

Soxzilla
07-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Your biggest complaint is taking out our 2nd best hitter to put in frank, who could've just as easily gone 0-4?

Paulie got on base, it's not his fault rowand and crede can't drive in a run to save their lives.

skobabe8
07-05-2004, 01:49 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing Tony G. is a sox uniform right about now. Didn't think I'd be saying that a month ago...