PDA

View Full Version : *Official* postgame thread 7-4-04

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Well, that sucked.

manuelsucks
07-04-2004, 09:28 PM
that more than sucked. that is just heartbreaking. i want to cry, but there is no crying in baseball. i don't know what to do.

white sox bill
07-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Call us the white sux

munchman33
07-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Well, that sucked.
I know I have a reputation for being the eternal optimist around here, but I must say that as a Sox fan, I've never in my life felt lower than I do right now.

Now when we win the World Series, all those Flubs fans will try and take that away from us and say "But you can't beat us! Cubbies rule."

Nard
Is it OK to blame the ump and the very, very funny strike zone?

No? Okay, suicide time. :(:

pissonthecubs
does this not prove that we need a damn bullpen???? before anything else, a damn bullpen please KW

CUBS STILL SUCK

South Sider
07-04-2004, 09:30 PM
this series will hurt for a very looooooooooong time :angry: :whiner: :angry: :whiner:

CJLove23
The only thing worse than getting swept by the Cubs, is getting swept by the Cubs in the World Series, so think of it this way...it could be worse :whiner:
I am still sporting my Sox hat tomorrow with pride. No shame here, and kudos to Lee for putting a damper on it for 5 minutes

voodoochile
that more than sucked. that is just heartbreaking. i want to cry, but there is no crying in baseball. i don't know what to do.
Celebrate, the Sox are tied for first. Big picture people. Big picture...:?:

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 09:31 PM
I know I have a reputation for being the eternal optimist around here, but I must say that as a Sox fan, I've never in my life felt lower than I do right now.

Now when we win the World Series, all those Flubs fans will try and take that away from us and say "But you can't beat us! Cubbies rule."
I don't know if I feel worse now or after the sunday night seattle game...

South Sider
07-04-2004, 09:31 PM

In order to get to the WS the Sox have to improve in many categories !

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Celebrate, the Sox are tied for first. Big picture people. Big picture...:?:
we have been taking care of the twins, now we need to do the same to the tigers

merejones
I can't stand it! Now let's go home and win the AL Central! :whiner:

Viva Magglio
This. Seattle isn't the Evil Empire.

tebman
That's the unkindest cut of all! Now the papers and the bubbleheads on television will be dancing around the Cub maypole, tra-la tra-la.

This is what it means to be second-class citizens. We have to do twice as well as the other guys to show that we're just as good. This weekend we fell way short, and they won't let us forget it.

- tebman

soxtalker
Well, Takatsu is human. Wasn't terrible. But he got his first MLB loss.

Wonder if we can learn something from this. The Cubs have a good pitching starting pitching staff, and they hit us with three well-pitched games. That's what we can expect from most opponents in the playoffs.

voodoochile
07-04-2004, 09:33 PM
we have been taking care of the twins, now we need to do the same to the tigers
Doesn't the schedule get much easier from here at least on paper? Remember the Twinkie schedule last year? That situation is reveresed this year.

WhiteSox = Life
Well, it was a rather disappointing weekend...

Advice to anybody in the near area... If you have jackass friends, co-workers, relatives, et cetera, shut off any form of communication by which they can reach you.

Gotta brush this one off... Stay strong... Go on...

Oh, man...

:(:

white sox bill
I pity those poor Sox fans having to walk out of Urinal tonight

voodoochile

Wonder if we can learn something from this. The Cubs have a good pitching starting pitching staff, and they hit us with three well-pitched games. That's what we can expect from most opponents in the playoffs.
Yes, but hopefully the Sox won't be playing the post season games without Frank, Maggs and Manos...

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Ozzie better be Woody Hayes in the clubhouse right now.

WhiteSox = Life

The playoffs is a completely different beast. Considering the Sox get there, we can expect better teams, better play, and hopefully better umpires.

inta
god my evening is ruined.

that's alot choke sox.

soxtalker
07-04-2004, 09:35 PM
One more thought. I was listening to the Cubs radio broadcast, and they commented that they were surprised that Burke didn't try throwing to 2nd on the bunt (though Alou evidently did have a good jump). Wonder if Olivo would have made that play. He probably would have tried, as he liked using his arm.

mdep524
07-04-2004, 09:35 PM
There's the difference between a smart baseball team and a stupid baseball team:

Runner on third, one out-
Crede pops out on a 2-0 pitch.

Runner on third, one out:
Walker falls behind 0-2, but is a good batsman and fouls off several tough pitches and finally gets the winning run in.

Why can't we have a guy like Walker on our team FOR ONCE? :(: :(: :(:

vegyrex
07-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Ouch. :(:

pissonthecubs
Doesn't the schedule get much easier from here at least on paper? Remember the Twinkie schedule last year? That situation is reveresed this year.
on paper, yeah it seems to be not too bad... some more KC, and all 16 games with the Tigers. last year we were suppose to beat them down all year, and ended up just taking the season series

Nard
Yeah we sucked it up big time. But seriously, there were at least three strikeouts on Rusch pitches that were feet off the plate. And that one in the middle of Frank's AB. Willie and Timo just gave up complaining.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Well, it was a rather disappointing weekend...

Advice to anybody in the near area... If you have jackass friends, co-workers, relatives, et cetera, shut off any form of communication by which they can reach you.

Gotta brush this one off... Stay strong... Go on...

Oh, man...

:(:I've never felt worse in my life. I have no way of avoiding flubby contact unfortunately, this hurts so badly I can't even describe it.

Cellview22
What a nightmarish weekend. The only thing that can make me feel better is if we sweep the Cubs in a World Series...talk about the ultimate revenge.

Viva Magglio
We're told to have SOX PRIDE. Maybe someone should tell that to our offense.

voodoochile
Ozzie better be Woody Hayes in the clubhouse right now.
A great coach and leader of men? I damned well hope so...

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 09:38 PM
The playoffs is a completely different beast. Considering the Sox get there, we can expect better teams, better play, and hopefully better umpires.
again, better bullpen, better bullpen, better bullpen!!!!!! the hitting will come around again, startting pitcher seems to be pretty good right now, bullpen; f***ing sucks right now.

soxtalker
07-04-2004, 09:39 PM
You may be right on the umpires, but this is pretty close to a playoff atmosphere.

Also, I'm listening to the Sox post-game show on the radio, and they are commenting that we really didn't play well in any of the NL ball parks. I think that's true. Now, we don't need to worry about that until we get to the WS.

Viva Magglio
It was a devestating loss, the kind that can send even the best teams into tailspins. If we lay down before Anaheim this week, do not push the panic button (but get it primed).

CJLove23
:moron
Heh heh heh

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 09:40 PM
We're told to have SOX PRIDE. Maybe someone should tell that to our offense.Well the cubs do have wood, where the hell is our lumber?

Win1ForMe
The schedules aren't very different unless you consider Baltimore/Tampa Bay (for the Twins) to be a lot better than KC/Detroit (for the Sox).

pissonthecubs
i want to go out to get a bite to eat, but i'm afraid to leave my house. afraid i might choke like joe crede

Cellview22
07-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Cubs fans are so hypocritical, they say that meeting the Sox means nothing to them, well it looked like they had won the WS tonight. Hyprocrits!!!

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 09:42 PM
any freakin ideas what moron will come up to say on his show tomorrow morning?

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 09:43 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150324.jpg
Like I said,

kudos to Lee for putting a damper on it for 5 minutes, at the very very least!! :whiner::whiner::whiner::angry::angry::angry:

Nard
The schedules aren't very different unless you consider Baltimore/Tampa Bay (for the Twins) to be a lot better than KC/Detroit (for the Sox).
TB is on fire while Detroit has been losing to teams like the Rockies. And the Twinks face Bawlmer's better pitchers.

We're better off... question is can it be taken advantage of. Winning both series is the absolute minimum that has to happen.

TimoPerez
I am upset. I finally get to see a game on ESPN and the Sox don't win. My boy was not terrible. He was robbed twice. Once by Lee at first and once by the home plate umpire. His third out was hit very hard as well. I hope the White Sox, Timo, and the rest of the team recover well from this weekend.

hsnterprize
I'm probably am going to have to eat some crow from my Cub co-workers. Well, I'll take my crow extra crispy with a side order of mashed potatoes with extra gravy, and a large Pepsi.

This really does stink, though. The "support both teams" crowd is suspiciously wearing a lot more Cubbie Blue than normal for some reason. This is something we're just going to have to suck it up...it's what we'd expect if it were the other way around. That's what happens when you leave runners on base in a tight game. In some cases...I hate to say it...but the Sox didn't deserve to win this game. Yes...Buehrle threw his butt of tonight. But when the offense has been as cold as the North Pole lately, Buerhle could've thrown a perfect game and lost somehow. It's not fair...definitely a TOUGH LUCK loss...but a loss it is.

Let's go back home and take care of Anaheim while we still have a part of the division lead. The Cubs and their fans have their own issues to deal with...remember...they're 3 game out tonight, and you don't win a division title finishing in 2nd place.

pissonthecubs
Cubs fans are so hypocritical, they say that meeting the Sox means nothing to them, well it looked like they had won the WS tonight. Hyprocrits!!!
did you get a chance to see the couple cub fans holding up the sox hat with the s-o-x crossed out? those cub fans really don't have any feelings for the white sox...

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 09:46 PM
i want to go out to get a bite to eat, but i'm afraid to leave my house. afraid i might choke like joe crede
If I wasn't in such a p*ssy mood, I'd probably crack a smile at that one.

vegyrex
07-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Have the sirens gone off in Chicago? It sure looked like the Flubs just won the series.

I'm glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

dcb33
07-04-2004, 09:47 PM
What about Ditka singing the 7th inning stretch wearing his Cubs uniform? I know he likes the Cubs and has sung there before, but having a guy like COACH sing and cheer against us just adds insult to injury...

Nard
07-04-2004, 09:47 PM
And the 15,000 posters like "Southside Cubs Fans?! Sox Fans (sic) Worst Nightmare!!" and the brilliantly creative acronym on ESPN, "Sammie?! Every Sox Players (sic) Nightmare!!"

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 09:48 PM
like i said in chat tonight, i really wish more and more everyday that crede was part of the freddy garcia trade instead of olivo and/or reed.
CUBS STILL SUCK!

JB98
07-04-2004, 09:49 PM
again, better bullpen, better bullpen, better bullpen!!!!!! the hitting will come around again, startting pitcher seems to be pretty good right now, bullpen; f***ing sucks right now.
Shingo and Marte are good pitchers. They were both well-rested and ready to pitch. No excuses, they just couldn't get it done tonight. Too bad, but it happens. We do need to acquire another veteran right-handed arm for our 'pen, though.

Man, this hurts so bad I can hardly breathe. It's like I'm having a nightmare, and I can't wake up. Worst 4th of July ever. Bar none.

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Have the sirens gone off in Chicago? It sure looked like the Flubs just won the series.

I'm glad I don't have to work tomorrow.
I have to work tomorrow. I'm out 20 bucks, but what's more important is that I have NO idea what to say for a come back tomorrow. I did nothing but talk crap at work for the past week, I was so confident...now what? What the bejesus do I say? "Well, you were to scared to even hit the ball, so you won by a walk?" That'll just prove how weak our bullpen is...HELP :(:

CWSGuy406
07-04-2004, 09:50 PM
What a nightmarish weekend. The only thing that can make me feel better is if we sweep the Cubs in a World Series...talk about the ultimate revenge.
Look - I know it hurts but come on. The Cubs lost four out of six to us last year, and who made the playoffs? Them. This game means a lot to us, but really, it's just like getting swept by any other team in the majors. It hurts, but you gotta move on.

Need something to say to Cub fans? Who's in first place? And who has the better all-time record?

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 09:50 PM
I hope the Sox can turn it around for Garcia on tuesday, cause I'm going.

SomebodyToldMe
07-04-2004, 09:53 PM
a sad day in white sox baseball.

i blame it all on another national broadcast.

we always lose them.

1951Campbell
07-04-2004, 09:54 PM
What about Ditka singing the 7th inning stretch wearing his Cubs uniform? I know he likes the Cubs and has sung there before, but having a guy like COACH sing and cheer against us just adds insult to injury...
It's one overrated media creation loving another...:angry:

Cellview22
07-04-2004, 09:54 PM
I wonder what the crowd's gonna be like on Tues? I hope the Cell crowd gives them a great warm welcome back home.

vegyrex
07-04-2004, 09:55 PM
I know I'll provoke anger from some of you with this, but I think Michael Jordan is one too. I haven't liked him for years. He really ticked me off in '93 when announced his retirement during the Sox run in the play-offs against Toronto.

CWSGuy406
07-04-2004, 09:57 PM
I have to work tomorrow. I'm out 20 bucks, but what's more important is that I have NO idea what to say for a come back tomorrow. I did nothing but talk crap at work for the past week, I was so confident...now what? What the bejesus do I say? "Well, you were to scared to even hit the ball, so you won by a walk?" That'll just prove how weak our bullpen is...HELP :(:
CJ, like I said, we're still in first, they're out by three games. We still hold the all-time series. We won four of six last year, and where did that get us? It's an important series, sure, but not to the extent a lot of people here are making it.

OEO Magglio
again, better bullpen, better bullpen, better bullpen!!!!!! the hitting will come around again, startting pitcher seems to be pretty good right now, bullpen; f***ing sucks right now.The sox two best relievers got beat today it wasn't mike jackson who got beat, it was shingo and damaso, do you want to replace those two guys? Look I think we need one more reliever but tonight it not a day to say we need a whole new bullpen, the sox two best guys got beat tonight, period.

Jerko
Can we please just concentrate ON THE REST OF THE SEASON from now on and quit worrying about the Cubs?

JB98
It's one overrated media creation loving another...:angry:
I hate Ditka. If he were a good coach the Bears would have won multiple Super Bowls in the 80s. He couldn't hold the jock of Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh. He's a loser, just like all the Cubs fans.

dcb33
07-04-2004, 09:58 PM
To what extent, though, do you all think our terrible play this year in NL ballparks was predictable? Even before we played the first game in Florida Ozzie was complaining about losing his DH and having to pick between Konerko and Thomas.... it almost seemed like he thought we couldn't win from the start...

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Well now that Ive cooled down and stopped thinking marte and takatsu should be cut, Im trying to put it into perspective. Its one series. Yeah it sucks to get swept by the cubs, but as much as I hate to say it, they are a pretty good team. Most years you cant say that, but this year I admit it. Sox are at an extreme disadvantage in IL play in NL parks. Especially with maggs out. Not saying having frank at DH would have made all the difference. He is hitting like my grandma right now. You are not going to win too many games with rowand in the 5 hole. Uribe and Harris are just brutal right now along with crede. Its not good coming off the twins series, but they will get over it i think. Still in first, altough they gave back two games. Not a good weekend at all, but we are still in a better spot than the cubs. We were swept by toronto earlier this year too. Look at what happened to the yankees in shea. NL teams have a huge advantage in IL games. Im sure the chicago media will go to town on this, but just tune it out. We took for 4 out of 6 last year and no one gave a damn when the cubs made the playoffs.

dcb33
07-04-2004, 09:59 PM
The sox two best relievers got beat today it wasn't mike jackson who got beat, it was shingo and damaso, do you want to replace those two guys? Look I think we need one more reliever but tonight it not a day to say we need a whole new bullpen, the sox two best guys got beat tonight, period.
Either way you're not winning many games when you put up just one run...

Jerko
07-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I know the Sox just got spanked, but for a comeback, you can use these:

The Sox still lead the all-time series
Cubs only won season series twice in 8 years of interleage play
The Sox won the World Series more recently than the Cubs (a stretch, but true)
You're not a Cub fan.

Those 4 things should hopefully hold you over

39thandWallace
07-04-2004, 10:02 PM
I am pissed that we blew that game but I don't care much about it LET it go a three game sweep by the Cubs doesn't come close to our sweep of the Twins Interleague is over lets get back to normal ball and concentrate on October baseball.

DickAllen72
07-04-2004, 10:04 PM
There's the difference between a smart baseball team and a stupid baseball team:

Runner on third, one out-
Crede pops out on a 2-0 pitch.

Runner on third, one out:
Walker falls behind 0-2, but is a good batsman and fouls off several tough pitches and finally gets the winning run in.

Why can't we have a guy like Walker on our team FOR ONCE? :(: :(: :(:

Because all we seem to have are "home run" hitters. Then when people suggest a guy like Jason Kendall would look good in a Sox uniform, some suggest we don't need him because he doesn't hit a lot of home runs!

We need a few high average singles hitters in our lineup. We need baserunners.......and speed too.

Jerko
07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
To what extent, though, do you all think our terrible play this year in NL ballparks was predictable? Even before we played the first game in Florida Ozzie was complaining about losing his DH and having to pick between Konerko and Thomas.... it almost seemed like he thought we couldn't win from the start...
Well, if that is true, we should delete that thread that says the Sox have the best bench around..................

Actually, the series Konerko had at the Cell vs. the Cubs made him hard to bench, but I always said Thomas in the linuep makes EVERYONE around him better; so maybe he should have played at least one of these games.

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 10:05 PM
The sox two best relievers got beat today it wasn't mike jackson who got beat, it was shingo and damaso, do you want to replace those two guys? Look I think we need one more reliever but tonight it not a day to say we need a whole new bullpen, the sox two best guys got beat tonight, period.
no i don't want to get rid of shingo or marte, but should our bullpen be made up of 2 guys? i would hope not. but ozzie has only two options after the starts is done. by getting rid of mike jackson, maybe moving cotts back down to AAA (i like him, he's going to be good, just shouldn't be up in the majors this year), and adkins doesn't do too much for me either. lets keep our top two guys, and get the other 3/5th's of our bullpen shored up for the run to october. i don't want to get rid of the whole bullpen, just most of it.

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
like i said in chat tonight, i really wish more and more everyday that crede was part of the freddy garcia trade instead of olivo and/or reed.
CUBS STILL SUCK!
Im not defending crede by any means. He was awful tonight, but dont forget about mr .150 w/ runners in scoring position, aaron rowand. He was brutal tonight too with guys on. He had one sac bunt which was crappy and lee should have thrown to second. Shingo and marte were bad too. It was shingos first real bad outing and only martes 3rd or 4th. They happen. The only guys who showed up were carlos and mark. I dont care what lineup you throw out there, glendon rusch should never throw 8 shutout innings against you. NEVER. 3 games lost, 2 in the standings since the twins were playing the worst team in baseball. Bad weekend, but you just got to rebound. Season starts tomorrow. Freddy is on the hill in his comiskey debut i believe. I think its in comiskey anyway. Hopefully he pitches a little better than he did at the dome.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Because all we seem to have are "home run" hitters. Then when people suggest a guy like Jason Kendall would look good in a Sox uniform, some suggest we don't need him because he doesn't hit a lot of home runs!

We need a few high average singles (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=409,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,0) hitters in our lineup. We need baserunners.......and speed too.I agree with that and I would love to see kendall in a sox uni. But the pirates would have to pay a chunk of his salary for the sox to have any chance of getting him. Kendall leading off or batting 2nd would be something really nice to have.

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 10:10 PM
I wish the freakin fireworks would stop. It's rubbing salt on an open wound.:rolleyes:

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 10:11 PM
3 games lost, 2 in the standings since the twins were playing the worst team in baseball. Bad weekend, but you just got to rebound. Season starts tomorrow. Freddy is on the hill in his comiskey debut i believe. I think its in comiskey anyway. Hopefully he pitches a little better than he did at the dome.
i agree, we lost, all you can do is rebound, and get back to american league baseball, get our full lineup back, and take care of KC and the Tigers like we should, and keep it going against the Twinkies.

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 10:13 PM
I wish the freakin fireworks would stop. It's rubbing salt on an open wound.:rolleyes:
c'mon over and here the a**h**e's with the 1/4 stick and 1/2 sticks down the block, its not helping here either:angry: :angry:

jackbrohamer
07-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Swear to God I'm going to pop the next freaking moron who tells me the Cubs don't care about beating the Sox. It was like VE day at the Urinal tonight. Can we at least dispense with that ridiculous truism?

The Flub fans were even more jubilant than they were during Gay Pride Week last week, which I thought was impossible.

Go Brewers/Cardinals/Astros/Reds/Pirates!!!!!!

mdep524
07-04-2004, 10:15 PM

We need a few high average singles hitters in our lineup. We need baserunners.......and speed too.
Amen. DickAllen72, I hope you are KW in disguise! If so, get it done Kenny!!!

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 10:16 PM
The Flub fans were even more jubilant than they were during Gay Pride Week last week, which I thought was impossible.

Great line! Yeah they dont care about beating us! You would have thought they just won the WS. The minute walker walked, 3 of my scrub fan cousins all called me at the same time. Screw 'em. At least we arent 3 back

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Go Brewers/Cardinals/Astros/Reds/Pirates!!!!!!
last two weeks i bought my Brewers and Cards hats, this week, Astros and/or Reds.

Lip Man 1
07-04-2004, 10:19 PM
The Sox had their chances... they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Sure wish the Sox had Glendon Rusch for their 5th starter.

and MDEP asks: "Why can't we have a guy like Walker on our team FOR ONCE?

Because the Cubs have a payroll of over ninety million dollars, they act like a big market team. The Sox by their own admission are a 'small market' team. By the way I still remember some fans pleading for the Sox to get Walker in the off season. They were laughed at by some.

That's just the way it is.

Lip

Cuck the Fubs
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Great line! Yeah they dont care about beating us! You would have thought they just won the WS. The minute walker walked, 3 of my scrub fan cousins all called me at the same time. Screw 'em. At least we arent 3 back
AMEN to that........I was low key when we spanked them last week.....now these morons will not shut up!!!

Hey guys......we're still in 1st!

tebman
07-04-2004, 10:22 PM

LMAO!!:D: :D:

Dan1972
07-04-2004, 10:22 PM
they can have rusch, way to overreact to one game. I'll take our uribe, takatsu, garcia pickups any day. The twins series was far more important, and we swept that. if we had gotten swept there, we'd be 6 games out now. The sox are in first place now, and the cubs are 3 games out, and that's just the way it is.

TimoPerez
07-04-2004, 10:23 PM
TIMO!! He will also get a bunch of doubles. If you want a higher average then platoon him with Rowand.

Cellview22
07-04-2004, 10:23 PM
I'm sure there will be Cub fans at the Cell on Tues night looking to rub it in to Sox fans and start some fights. I see em at every Sox game.

Think we'll see more on Tuesday night? If so, just ignore them.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:24 PM

Because the Cubs have a payroll of over ninety million (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=528,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,0) dollars, they act like a big market team. The Sox by their own admission are a 'small market' team. By the way I still remember some fans pleading for the Sox to get Walker in the off season. They were laughed at by some.

LipOh boy here we go. Lip please stop. Everytime something goes wrong it's because the sox don't have a 90 million dollar payroll.:rolleyes:

CWSGuy406
07-04-2004, 10:26 PM

Jason Kendall would really be nice in our lineup. What I'm hearing is that Pitt doesn't want that contract. I'm not saying I want it either, but, if they could pay for about half of it, and take some lower level prospects (no top prospects), then I'd do it.

IMO, our offense runs when our one and two hitters are getting it done. Well, right now, Uribe and Harris are bleh. We need a high OBP/high Average guy who can hit in the two hole. Kendall would fill two huge needs; a good defensive/offensive catcher, and a guy who could hit second in front of Maggs and Frank.

Jerko
07-04-2004, 10:26 PM
My next door neighbor Cub fan just got home from the game (and I live within walking distance from the Cell) and "explained" that the Sox walked in the winning run with the bases loaded. Kinda hard to walk in the winning run if the bases weren't loaded now wouldn't it? I think it's time to go put this Roman Candle to good use.............................more like a Roman Suppository

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Thank you, first time I cracked a smile since Lee whomped one out !!:smile:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 10:29 PM
We've been pretty umpired this series....called off GS(even though it was foul), Rain out in the sunshine, and now a huge strikezone(though I somewhat thank him for this)oh and who can forget this damned Ivy rule....I think if it hits the guy first he should go find it...Either cut that crap down or get rid of that rule...it's their fault it's there.

CWSGuy406
07-04-2004, 10:32 PM

Because the Cubs have a payroll of over ninety million dollars, they act like a big market team. The Sox by their own admission are a 'small market' team. By the way I still remember some fans pleading for the Sox to get Walker in the off season. They were laughed at by some.

Lip
Lip, I agree with your sentiment, but Walker wanted to go to the Cubs, not because of money, he wanted a WS contender. Now, it's probably Jerry's fault that at the beginning of the year, this team wasn't a WS contender (I dunno if we are right now either). But Walker was going to the Cubs either way.

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm sure there will be Cub fans at the Cell on Tues night looking to rub it in to Sox fans and start some fights. I see em at every Sox game.

Think we'll see more on Tuesday night? If so, just ignore them.
remember Cell, the cubs fans dont care one bit about the white sox and wouldn't be seen close to that danger zone call Sox Park...

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 10:42 PM
The headline on the ScRubs official site reads: Cubs Rusch Sox back to South Side. I really don't think that's very creative...and it's irrelevant to the win...maybe it shoulda said Cubs walk away with sweep...but c'mon the title they used is so dumb.

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 10:47 PM
I cannot wait to read Marrioti tomorrow:rolleyes:

HebrewHammer
07-04-2004, 10:51 PM
I was one of the unfortunate Sox fans at the Urinal tonight. This team just makes it so hard to root for, the sweep against Minnesota was just a big tease, finally this team is playing great ball, we just added a starter, time to start our march to the playoffs and we get this "effort". All I know is there's no living with ScRubs fans now. At work I've been known to wear hats and jerseys, my inbox is already flooded with email. I know it doesn't mean anything in the big picture, its just going to make it a lot harder to live where I live and be a Sox fan, thankfully I'm moving at the end of the month, I dunno, just a hard pill to swallow.

Cellview22
07-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I was one of the unfortunate Sox fans at the Urinal tonight. This team just makes it so hard to root for, the sweep against Minnesota was just a big tease, finally this team is playing great ball, we just added a starter, time to start our march to the playoffs and we get this "effort". All I know is there's no living with ScRubs fans now. At work I've been known to wear hats and jerseys, my inbox is already flooded with email. I know it doesn't mean anything in the big picture, its just going to make it a lot harder to live where I live and be a Sox fan, thankfully I'm moving at the end of the month, I dunno, just a hard pill to swallow.Are you just moving out of "Lakeview", or out of the Chicagoland area? Man, it must be hard living there. Always keep your head high though..show em how proud and loyal Sox fans are.

Hey, How loud were the Sox fans when CLee hit that homer?

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 10:59 PM
The headline on the ScRubs official site reads: Cubs Rusch Sox back to South Side. I really don't think that's very creative...and it's irrelevant to the win...maybe it shoulda said Cubs walk away with sweep...but c'mon the title they used is so dumb.

MLB.com has the worst headline writers in the industry. One time, after a John Garland loss, the headline on whitesox.com was "Gar-land of the Lost".

I kid you not.

HebrewHammer
07-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Are you just moving out of "Lakeview", or out of the Chicagoland area? Man, it must be hard living there. Always keep your head high though..show em how proud and loyal Sox fans areMoving either north or south, I've been looking at Roscoe Village, Uptown, hopefully not Lincoln Park. The place I'm at now is a 3 bedroom garden unit 1 block east of the Urinal, I wouldn't live there but it's an absolute steal on the rent.

I'm always wearing some sort of Sox gear whenever I head out and there's always some Frat Boy Yuppie chump who's been rooting for the ScRubs for about a week who wants to talk smack, I typically just think, "What would Hangar do/say?" And respond accordingly.

The C Lee Homer was awesome, he had two strikes and all the Chumps were on their feet and then he hits a no doubter. I'm off my seat the second its off the bat, chumps were telling my friend(Sox fan) and myself to sit down and then its out and the few Sox fans in the park go berserk, five in my section, high fives all around, very cool.

SOX PRIDE! Still in first, in a way.

HebrewHammer
07-04-2004, 11:01 PM
MLB.com has the worst headline writers in the industry. One time, after a John Garland loss, the headline on whitesox.com was "Gar-land of the Lost".

I kid you not.
Actually that's so bad its funny

TornLabrum
07-04-2004, 11:07 PM
remember Cell, the cubs fans dont care one bit about the white sox and wouldn't be seen close to that danger zone call Sox Park...
This is completely unreadable. That's because the color you used is cyan. That's two squares below tealon your pallette. See the difference. You can read teal.

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 11:08 PM
This is completely unreadable. That's because the color you used is cyan. That's two squares below tealon your pallette. See the difference. You can read teal.

Just do [ color = teal ] your text [ / color ] without any of the spaces inbetween [].

HebrewHammer
07-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Most memorable quote from the walk home from the park:

Drunk Girl: SOX SUUUUUUCK!
Me: What place are the Cubs in?
Drunk Girl: That doesn't matter.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 11:13 PM
well...we past this up

:tomatoaward

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 11:14 PM

Drunk Girl: That doesn't matter.LOL. I was at the urinal on saturday and when they canceled game me and the other sox fans were pissed and said something along the lines like we had a good chance to win if this game got finished. A cub fan below us goes you guys couldn't beat us in 6 innings what makes you think you can beat us in three more. I just shook my head and laughed.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 11:15 PM
LOL. I was at the urinal on saturday and when they canceled game me and the other sox fans were pissed and said something along the lines like we had a good chance to win if this game got finished. A cub fan below us goes you guys couldn't beat us in 6 innings what makes you think you can beat us in three more. I just shook my head and laughed.
Why the crap are Cub fans SO dumb?...I just don't understand:?:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2004, 11:18 PM
I knew Takatsu was in trouble when he fell behind the leadoff man 2-0 to start the ninth. I also get nervous anytime Marte is pitching in game situation.

Having said all this about the fateful ninth, I also must add how I was thinking how much better it was to know Billy Koch was not available. I'll take my chances with the two guys who blew it tonight over Koch every time.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Why the crap are Cub fans SO dumb?...I just don't understand:?:Who knows. I'm sure it was worse for hebrew tonight but they were awful yesterday too. During the rain delay this one cub fan kept licking his fingers and saying he gone and me and the other sox fans had no idea what the heck he was doing. Then when the same idiot made fun of Frank Thomas, I just sneezed and pretended I hurt my back.:D:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 11:22 PM
On the note of Sammy.....I was talking to a friend (cub fan) earlier and he said "C'mon it's not his fault his lucky bat is corked."

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 11:48 PM
What the hecks up woth our run production....I guess it would have to be NL rules....but....still 2,2,2,1......and Buehrle pitched today:angry:

cheeses_h_rice
07-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I've let this loss and the sweep drip off my back like water on an oiled duck. Given the pitching matchups, I think I would have taken 1 out of 3, and the way Burly pitched tonight, the Sox really should have won that 1 game.

The offense is in a funk, bigtime, and this interleague crap just happened at the wrong time -- all our formerly .300+ guys are now in the .280 range, and only Carlos and Konerko seem to want to do anything about it. Frank, hey buddy? We could use that bat when you come in to pinch hit, btw.

Oh well.

It's a long season. The Sox are still in first and the Twins are not exactly world beaters, either. I am annoyed that the Sox helped the Flubs get fat on their watch, but the Cards kept it together this weekend, too.

Go drink some beers, watch some distracting TV or DVDs and just forget about this ****ing lousy series. Hopefully we won't even remember this come October.

[edit: I'm going to see Tuesday's night game against the Angels, and I am 5-1 in games @ the Cell this year...FYI. :gulp:]

Frankfan4life
07-04-2004, 11:56 PM
I want to thank all the White Sox fans who braved the "Fiendish Confines" during this 3-game humiliation. It took a lot of guts to "represent" and take all that abuse by the cubfans and our own team. You guys rock!

Maybe this is some kind of twisted sign or something. Maybe this means that the Sox will win the division. It's the better prize anyway.

I'm done pining over these 3 loses, I've got tickets for the July 8 game and I'm setting my sights on winning the AL Central and the pennant.

GO SOX!!!

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 12:06 AM
[edit: I'm going to see Tuesday's night game against the Angels, and I am 5-1 in games @ the Cell this year...FYI. :gulp:]
I'm going on tuesday too and I've been to like 10 games....since 2000...and I've seen 2 GSs and almost 3..

oheeoh...magglio
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm sure I will be crucified for posting such a logical comment around here, but it was a 3-3 road trip against 2 very good teams, and we are tied for 1st place coming home.

I'm sure you all think the team will now play "corpseball" for 2 or 3 weeks, but I have a lot more faith in Ozzie and the boys than that.

Look, fact is we no longer have to worry about the no DH crap, Maggs should be back soon, and we are 6 games away from the all star break. Let's have a 4-2 or 5-1 homestand, go into the break in 1st, and be happy.

Sure, we went 2-4 against the Cubs this year, but the facts I care about are 7-3 against Minnesota, and tied for first place. The only people this series really hurts is the White Sox fans, because we have to listen to all the BS from Cubs fans. Big deal, all I have to say in response is that Chicago still only has 1 first place baseball team, and they don't play at Wrigley.

It was a tough loss tonight, but we will bounce back. I'm not the least bit worried, and neither should any of you.

OEO Magglio
07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
I'm sure I will be crucified for posting such a logical comment around here, but it was a 3-3 road trip against 2 very good teams, and we are tied for 1st place coming home.

I'm sure you all think the team will now play "corpseball" for 2 or 3 weeks, but I have a lot more faith in Ozzie and the boys than that.

Look, fact is we no longer have to worry about the no DH crap, Maggs should be back soon, and we are 6 games away from the all star break. Let's have a 4-2 or 5-1 homestand, go into the break in 1st, and be happy.

Sure, we went 2-4 against the Cubs this year, but the facts I care about are 7-3 against Minnesota, and tied for first place. The only people this series really hurts is the White Sox fans, because we have to listen to all the BS from Cubs fans. Big deal, all I have to say in response is that Chicago still only has 1 first place baseball team, and they don't play at Wrigley.

It was a tough loss tonight, but we will bounce back. I'm not the least bit worried, and neither should any of you.Can I nominate this for post of the week. Way to go oheeoh, well said.

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Can I nominate this for post of the week. Way to go oheeoh, well said.
I'll second that

cheeses_h_rice
07-05-2004, 12:19 AM

It was a tough loss tonight, but we will bounce back. I'm not the least bit worried, and neither should any of you.
Well put.

3 games in a 162 game season is less than 2%. Yeah, it sucks to get swept, but the big picture says we're still very much in this thing and we've got most of the pieces in place to accomplish our goal of winning the division.

WhiteSox = Life
07-05-2004, 12:53 AM
I'll tell ya what... I went to my local park and enjoyed the fireworks... Saw a couple of guys with Sox apparel on and it made me smile, considering I'm not too far away from the Urinal.

Secondly, as I was waiting for Demento to come on (it started late for whatever reason), my dad said Jackass: The Movie was on, and we watched the final 25 minutes or so.

Fireworks and people seriously hurting themselves... Great way to ease the pain. I highly recommend it.

:smile:

Cowch44
07-05-2004, 12:58 AM
my dad said Jackass: The Movie was on, and we watched the final 25 minutes or so.
Thanks to you my night won't be boring...I checked the guide and sure enough it's on..thank you:D:

WhiteSox = Life
07-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks to you my night won't be boring...I checked the guide and sure enough it's on..thank you:D:
I won't be always be offering up the great insight that many other, more experienced posters do, but I do what I can, adding levity to certain situations, as well as the occasional parody.

:bandance:

HebrewHammer
07-05-2004, 01:39 AM

It was a tough loss tonight, but we will bounce back. I'm not the least bit worried, and neither should any of you.You shouldn't be crucified, if anything you should be applauded. I think the focus on this site should be on the Sox and who cares what the ScRubs are doing, it's over, we lost, let's focus on the division and the playoffs.

kcsportscaster
07-05-2004, 01:50 AM
What a bummer!!!! Buehrle pitched his freakin' guts out for seven
innings only to not have the bats help him out!!!! DA SOX couldn't do anything at all with Rusch, primarily because Doug Eddings' strike zone was absolutely brutal!!!! He gave Rusch several pitches that were several inches outside that he didn't give to Buehrle, Shingo, or Marte!!!! Don't even think about getting me started on Ozzie lifting Shingo for Marte in the bottom of the ninth!!!! I thought Shingo could get out of that jam and get the game to extra innings, but he never got the opportunity to do so. Thank GOD for Randy Johnson!!!! Otherwise DA SOX would be a game back of the Twinkies. That's okay Flubbies, you guys and your stupid ass fans will be WATCHING DA SOX play deep into October like the rest of us will!!!!

Now with the interleague stuff out of the way, it's time for DA SOX to get the focus back on beating their A-L opponents, particularly the Angels, who invade The Cell Tuesday night. I know Big Frank WILL be in the lineup then!!!!

pissonthecubs
07-05-2004, 01:05 PM
i'll make a mental note of that Torn, i gotta keep the color police off my back...

skobabe8
07-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Moving either north or south, I've been looking at Roscoe Village, Uptown, hopefully not Lincoln Park. The place I'm at now is a 3 bedroom garden unit 1 block east of the Urinal, I wouldn't live there but it's an absolute steal on the rent.

I'm always wearing some sort of Sox gear whenever I head out and there's always some Frat Boy Yuppie chump who's been rooting for the ScRubs for about a week who wants to talk smack, I typically just think, "What would Hangar do/say?" And respond accordingly.

The C Lee Homer was awesome, he had two strikes and all the Chumps were on their feet and then he hits a no doubter. I'm off my seat the second its off the bat, chumps were telling my friend(Sox fan) and myself to sit down and then its out and the few Sox fans in the park go berserk, five in my section, high fives all around, very cool.

SOX PRIDE! Still in first, in a way.

Where were your seats at? We were in 503 and everyone was already standing and clapping when the ball was hit. I kinda crouched down in preparation to jump as high as I could if it went over the wall. It did, and I did. Around 10 sox fans directly around me went bananas after that. Then Carlos came out to LF in the bottom of the 9th and blew some Sosa hr kisses to the bleachers. it was beautiful!!! for a short while anyhow.

mantis1212
07-05-2004, 05:01 PM

Drunk Girl: That doesn't matter.
I think that same girl said the same thing to me, some drunk blond