PDA

View Full Version : Should Joe Crede be traded?

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I know it's only one game, but this game serves as a perfect microcosm as to why Joe Crede sucks? Should he be traded? And, if so, how should he be traded?

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Who would want him?

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Who would want him?Almost every major league team.

Daver
07-04-2004, 10:24 PM
I know it's only one game, but this game serves as a perfect microcosm as to why Joe Crede sucks? Should he be traded? And, if so, how should he be traded?
Who's gonna play third base?

You?

MUsoxfan
07-04-2004, 10:32 PM
He should be sent down to Great Falls to play some rookie ball so he could learn some fundamentals

voodoochile
07-04-2004, 10:35 PM

You?
Thank you, Daver.

:threadsucks:

Come on people it's a long season and the Sox are tied for first.

harwar
07-04-2004, 10:38 PM
He should be sent down to Great Falls to play some rookie ball so he could learn some fundamentals
wow,thats an unbelievable statement.
Crede will have a good 2nd half.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Crede better hit his ass off in the second half if he wants to get on my good side.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Crede better hit his ass off in the second half if he wants to get on my good side.I'm sure that's his main worry to get on your good side.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 10:43 PM
True. Right now, his main worry may be how to get on Ozzie's good side.

voodoochile
07-04-2004, 10:43 PM
I'm sure that's his main worry to get on your good side.
:crede
"Oh no, better pick it up, viva_magglio at WSI doesn't like me."

Can't we say the same about the whole team every time they lose?

munchman33
07-04-2004, 10:46 PM
We have no major league ready replacement for him. And Crede can flat out pick it. And he's still young.

I don't care how much he's been slumping. He's a necessary component to any future White Sox success. That's why Kenny traded Reed instead of putting Crede in that deal.

jordan23ventura
07-04-2004, 11:08 PM
We have no major league ready replacement for him. And Crede can flat out pick it. And he's still young.

I don't care how much he's been slumping. He's a necessary component to any future White Sox success. That's why Kenny traded Reed instead of putting Crede in that deal.
Preach, brotha, preach.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 11:10 PM
TRADE CREDE? HE'S A FUTURE HOF LIKE MIGGY AND REED!

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Only if aaron rowand and mike jackson are included. Yeah i know rowand has been better of late, but he is hitting about .150 w/ RISP. I dont think even crede is that bad and crede has had big hits

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Nay. So the man choked, at least it wasn't in the playoffs. We can't blame just him for the whole weekend of Sox loss.

pssondacubs
07-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Trade him for a beer vendor from Milwaukee. And yes the Sox have a 3rd baseman. His name is Jose Valentin. He can't be any worse at 3rd than he is at Shortstop. This guy Crede was suppose to be the second coming of Brooks Robinson. Didn't they let Robin Ventura get away because this guy was going to be great. How many more years do we wait? 5, 7, 10..No, I don't expect Ozzie to do anything. I've got bald spots scratching my head on some of his decisions. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Scrubs pitching is that damn good.:angry: Ah hell with it.... I'm gonna go get loaded:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 11:22 PM
Trade him for a beer vendor from Milwaukee. And yes the Sox have a 3rd baseman. His name is Jose Valentine. He can't be any worse at 3rd than he is at Shortstop. This guy Crede was suppose to be the second coming of Brooks Robinson. Didn't they let Robin Ventura get away because this guy was going to be great. How many more years do we wait? 5, 7, 10..No, I don't expect Ozzie to do anything. I've got bald spots scratching my head on some of his decisions. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Scrubs pitching is that damn good.:angry: Ah hell with it.... I'm gonna go get loaded:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:You must have the wrong team or something because the sox don't have a guy named Jose Valentine.

CJLove23
07-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Didn't they let Robin Ventura get away because this guy was going to be great.
Don't get me started on that one!! :angry:

CUBS STILL SUCK

pssondacubs
07-04-2004, 11:31 PM
You must have the wrong team or something because the sox don't have a guy named Jose Valentine.Sorry Mr. Kotter. It's fixed.

WSox8404
07-05-2004, 01:03 AM
I just wish it was Crede going to Seattle instead of Olivo. Good catching is hard to find. And Crede? Well he just sucks sometimes.

samram
07-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Ok, this is a post that is in reply to all the panic threads out there. This team should not make any changes based on three losses played in a stadium in the other league.. Yes, the Cubs fans will be annoying. Screw them. The Sox are in first- they need more help than the Sox do. The Yankees got swept by the Mets this weekend- you think they're gonna trade Sheffield or A-Rod because of that? Crede is a 26 year old Gold Glove cailber 3B who will hit 20-25 HRs and drive in 70 runs hitting 8th. He doesn't need to hit .300 in that spot in the order. Let's keep the big picture in mind- these games are gone and will hopefully be forgotten 3 months from today as we start the ALDS.

mealfred13
07-05-2004, 02:05 AM
If I see another trade Joe Crede thread, I may in fact puke onto my keyboard. First of all, on the whole, even when Joe hasn't been hitting, he's been really good about clutch hits and sacrifice flies when we've needed him. Don't forget, we one at least 3 games early in the season thanks to Joe Crede's clutch hits and sacrifices, not to mention his stellar defense all year.

Secondly, he's no the only hitter in the lineup who hasn't been taking care of those fundamental hitting situations. Haven't you seen Thomas pop up short in the same situations lately? I don't see any trade Thomas threads. And before you say "oh Thomas is hitting great in comparison to Crede", Creded has been hitting way better the past month or so. We lost to the Cubs, ladee freakin da. It's not all Crede's fault. I don't remember anyone else hitting or driving in runs with less than 2 outs and RISP through the entire series. Enough. I almost just puked thinking about it.

WhiteSox = Life
07-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Sorry Mr. Kotter. It's fixed.
Up bup bup... Mr. Kotter was a history teacher, not an English teacher.

TaylorStSox
07-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Joe's glove makes him an asset. The offense that you get is icing on the cake. He's shown flashes of being a really good hitter. While, his average is low, he's hit when it counts. He has a good amount of power numbers for your 8 hitter. He's not hurting this team.

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Joe's glove makes him an asset. The offense that you get is icing on the cake. You guys talk like he's the second coming of Brooks Robinson. I'll never forget the game at the Metrodome last year where the Twins kept bunting on Crede and beating out hits.

The corners are offensive positions.

TheBull
07-05-2004, 03:12 AM
Joe can “pick it” and he has demonstrated that he can hit. I think his glove warrants a stay at 3rd for a long time even if he does not reach and maintain at least a .270 average.

JRIG
07-05-2004, 03:29 AM
Joe can “pick it” and he has demonstrated that he can hit. I think his glove warrants a stay at 3rd for a long time even if he does not reach and maintain at least a .270 average.
Well, if Crede is at third not hitting, and Uribe is struggling mightily, and Harris is 4 for his last 40 with 2 extra base hits since May 12, and we have the black hole of death behind the plate, how do you suggest we score runs?

Thomas, Konerko, and Lee can't drive anybody in if there's no one on base.

alohafri
07-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Trade him for a beer vendor from Milwaukee. And yes the Sox have a 3rd baseman. His name is Jose Valentin. He can't be any worse at 3rd than he is at Shortstop.
Were you here in 2001? It was a fiasco! I love Jose, but keep him at shortstop.

RedPinStripes
07-05-2004, 10:55 AM

You?
Chipper Jones!

wassagstdu
07-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Crede will be fine once he gets his vision problem fixed.

RawisTheGameHhH
07-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Crede has one hell of a glove 3B and we cannot afford to lose it!

jeremyb1
07-05-2004, 02:28 PM

You?

I don't know. I'd say Uribe at 3rd and Harris at 2B is a much better fallthrough than Jamie Burke, Sandy Alomar, and Ben Davis at catcher.

SOXintheBURGH
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Nein!

Mohoney
07-06-2004, 01:09 AM
Ok, this is a post that is in reply to all the panic threads out there. This team should not make any changes based on three losses played in a stadium in the other league.. Yes, the Cubs fans will be annoying. Screw them. The Sox are in first- they need more help than the Sox do. The Yankees got swept by the Mets this weekend- you think they're gonna trade Sheffield or A-Rod because of that? Crede is a 26 year old Gold Glove cailber 3B who will hit 20-25 HRs and drive in 70 runs hitting 8th. He doesn't need to hit .300 in that spot in the order. Let's keep the big picture in mind- these games are gone and will hopefully be forgotten 3 months from today as we start the ALDS.

I'm sorry, but we need a little better production than .150 with RISP. I don't care if he's hitting 8th, 9th, 6th, or wherever.

If he keeps hitting .150 with RISP this whole season, he won't get those 70 RBI.

Mohoney
07-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Joe's glove makes him an asset. The offense that you get is icing on the cake. He's shown flashes of being a really good hitter. While, his average is low, he's hit when it counts. He has a good amount of power numbers for your 8 hitter. He's not hurting this team.

Not at a corner infield position. Gloves up the middle, bats in the corners.

This guy was supposed to be Robin Ventura by now. He's far from it. Plus, it's not like he's a Rolen or a Chavez defensively, either. He's above average, but he's not as spectacular as everybody here makes him out to be.

I would rather put a mediocre glove out there at 3rd than a mediocre bat.

Cowch44
07-06-2004, 01:18 AM
..and just what do you suggest we do?

pearso66
07-06-2004, 01:21 AM
I don't know. I'd say Uribe at 3rd and Harris at 2B is a much better fallthrough than Jamie Burke, Sandy Alomar, and Ben Davis at catcher.
The problem with this is we'll still have Burke, Alomar and Davis at catcher, plus the slumping Uribe and Harris in the lineup. all this while becoming worse defensively at the hot corner

Mohoney
07-06-2004, 01:22 AM
..and just what do you suggest we do?

There's nothing we can do, except pray that Crede hits.

nitetrain8601
07-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Yes, even though we are first in total offense in the ML let's get rid of one of the only good if not great defensive players we have for more offense. Because we all know offense wins championships.

Mohoney
07-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Yes, even though we are first in total offense in the ML let's get rid of one of the only good if not great defensive players we have for more offense. Because we all know offense wins championships.

I'm sick of hearing about how great we are offensively. Our last 4 games, we have posted run totals of 2, 2, 2, and 1, with a total of 2 home runs. The first home run was in the 1st inning of the 1st game, and the other home run was in the 9th inning of the 4th game. That's 34 innings of homerless offense.

I don't care who was pitching. I don't care that Maggs is hurt. A great offense does not go 34 homerless innings in today's Major Leagues. Any move Kenny can make to beef up this offense (Kendall and Finley) is fine by me, because we will be seeing at LEAST this caliber of pitching come playoff time, and you can never bank on having everybody healthy come playoff time.

TaylorStSox
07-06-2004, 04:07 AM

This guy was supposed to be Robin Ventura by now. He's far from it. Plus, it's not like he's a Rolen or a Chavez defensively, either. He's above average, but he's not as spectacular as everybody here makes him out to be.

What do you want? He's hitting like crap and still putting up good power numbers. That's what you really want from a corner IF. Right?

He's the best 3rd baseman I've seen this year. Rolen and Chavez are the best in the league. Rolen is probably the best in the last 25 years. Chavez isn't too far behind. That's a pretty good crowd to be compared to.

We've gone into a 4 game offensive slump and now everyone is crying. You're looking for scapegoats. This team is going to hit throughout the year. Deal with the slumps. Even if it means getting swept by the "infamous" Cubs.

samram
07-06-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry, but we need a little better production than .150 with RISP. I don't care if he's hitting 8th, 9th, 6th, or wherever.

If he keeps hitting .150 with RISP this whole season, he won't get those 70 RBI.
Well, he's got 38 hitting .150 with RISP right now, which would put him on a pace for right around 70, if not a little higher. There's no better alternative and he doesn't take his offensive problems out to the field.

samram
07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
What do you want? He's hitting like crap and still putting up good power numbers. That's what you really want from a corner IF. Right?

He's the best 3rd baseman I've seen this year. Rolen and Chavez are the best in the league. Rolen is probably the best in the last 25 years. Chavez isn't too far behind. That's a pretty good crowd to be compared to.

We've gone into a 4 game offensive slump and now everyone is crying. You're looking for scapegoats. This team is going to hit throughout the year. Deal with the slumps. Even if it means getting swept by the "infamous" Cubs.
That's the thing. Hitting a baseball is one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult thing, to do in sports. Yet, according to some people here, if a guy has a slump, he should be traded immediately, even if there's no better person to put in his spot.

starboy0
07-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Joe is a great defensive 3rd baseman and stabalizes the infield. His hitting will come around.

mdep524
07-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm sick of hearing about how great we are offensively. Our last 4 games, we have posted run totals of 2, 2, 2, and 1, with a total of 2 home runs. The first home run was in the 1st inning of the 1st game, and the other home run was in the 9th inning of the 4th game. That's 34 innings of homerless offense.

I don't care who was pitching. I don't care that Maggs is hurt. A great offense does not go 34 homerless innings in today's Major Leagues. Any move Kenny can make to beef up this offense (Kendall and Finley) is fine by me, because we will be seeing at LEAST this caliber of pitching come playoff time, and you can never bank on having everybody healthy come playoff time.
Maggs will make a big difference when he comes back, Frank too. But I still agree with you we shouldn't take the offense for granted, or it will let us down right when we need it the most. KW should reinforce the line up by adding at least Jason Kendall, possibly Finley as well. Or, if the Astros continue their free fall in the NL Central, maybe Carlos Beltran.

Flight #24
07-06-2004, 12:29 PM

Yeah, Crede sucks. His .329 june avg and his historical splits of .220pre-ASG / .297 post-ASG mean that he's not going to hit in the 2d half and he's basically a waste.
He's obviously too old to improve and get more consistent, and his first half stats are obviously more indicative of his real talent. Those 2d half numbers are abberations due more to pitchers taking it easy on him.
Plus, how long are the Sox going to wait around for him. He's already in his 2d full season with the club for crissakes!!

Sheesh.

This has probably been posted in this thread before, but I think it's worth posting again.....
:threadsucks

skottyj242
07-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah, Crede sucks. His .329 june avg and his historical splits of .220pre-ASG / .297 post-ASG mean that he's not going to hit in the 2d half and he's basically a waste.
He's obviously too old to improve and get more consistent, and his first half stats are obviously more indicative of his real talent. Those 2d half numbers are abberations due more to pitchers taking it easy on him.
Plus, how long are the Sox going to wait around for him. He's already in his 2d full season with the club for crissakes!!

Sheesh.

This has probably been posted in this thread before, but I think it's worth posting again.....
:threadsucks

Finally, thank you. Someone had to make sense sooner or later.

Mickster
07-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Should Joe Crede be traded?

No.

DickAllen72
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Should he be traded? And, if so, how should he be traded?

Trade Crede and Davis to Seattle for Miguel Olivo.
:)

Hangar18
07-06-2004, 05:14 PM
He made a number of nice plays, esp this past weekend. HOWEVER,
he was Pretty CLueless vs the cubs batting wise, some of the WORST AB's
ive seen from a guy. He failed to drive the ball numerous times over the 6 games, and pretty much was the difference, non-hitting wise in sundays game.
Brutal.

A. Cavatica
07-06-2004, 08:09 PM
No, unless it's basically a swap of third basemen.

I like Crede, and I think he'll have a 10 year career, but if he ever makes the All-Star Game it'll be a fluke like Ron Coomer.

I could see trading Crede for another 3B who was good defensively but gave us a different dimension on offense: a higher OBP or power from the left side. So, for example*, if we swapped Crede for Kevin Youkilis as part of some larger deal with the increasingly-desperate Boston Red Sox, it could work for us.

* I have not heard such a rumor and am not advocating this trade.

red faber
07-07-2004, 04:04 AM
I know it's only one game, but this game serves as a perfect microcosm as to why Joe Crede sucks? Should he be traded? And, if so, how should he be traded?why be so quick to give up on the guy?????????

it's not like he's the only one that had a bad weekend on the sox..

:threadblows:

pearso66
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm glad that there are Crede backers on here. And you're going to trade Crede for Olivo, while Olivo when he was here was gettign ripped on at times because of hitting also?