C- Ivan Rodriguez
1B- Jason Giambi
2B- Alfonso Soriano
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Derek Jeter
LF- Manny Ramirez
CF- Vladimir Guerrero
RF- Ichiro Suzuki

Did anyone happne to hear Peter Gammons' comments? That man is such a tool.

WinningUgly!
07-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Here are the starters for the American League:

Did anyone happne to hear Peter Gammons' comments? That man is such a tool.
Luckily, I missed it.:)

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 06:10 PM
They already showed the reserves on the ticker and loaiza is the only rep for the sox. :angry: while the indians have belliard, martinez, lawton and sabathia :angry:

Kogs35
07-04-2004, 06:11 PM
its already on mlb.com loaiza is the only sox rep. screw u torre u suck

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Damn Yankee Bo-sox loving....the Sox should have atleast three...

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:14 PM
That's pathetic. It only proves my point that Joe Torre doesn't not respect the Chicago White Sox. Loaiza doesn't even deserve to be there. Why the **** did Torre choose him over Mark Buehrle?

Kogs35
if the sox get the yanks in the playoffs i hope thomas and kenerko deliberatley make sure torre gets hit in the face by a foul ball or by a flying bat. this totally sucks

RKMeibalane
I'm waiting to hear Torre's excuses for this crap. OMG! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Paulie/Thomas should be there, Buehrle should, and Manos being beter than the starting SS should be there. (I think I would've preferred Garcia over Loaiza)

SoxFan76
07-04-2004, 06:17 PM
That is ridiculous. Sorry Esty, you don't deserve to be on the All-Star team. Frank gets screwed again.Gammons is such an IDIOT!!!!! "The voting is much more inteligent now" PUH LEASE!!!

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Wow! Just... wow! This has to be the biggest slap in the face to the White Sox organization, and to all of us as Sox fans.

Well, it looks like I won't be watching the AS Game this year.

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Dare I ask, how many members does that other Chicago team have?

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:19 PM
oh and I forgot about Takatsu....but why wouldn't he pick Rivera...that bastard...

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:20 PM
That is ridiculous. Sorry Esty, you don't deserve to be on the All-Star team. Frank gets screwed again.Gammons is such an IDIOT!!!!! "The voting is much more inteligent now" PUH LEASE!!!
I wanted to cry when I heard that. Gammons is such a tool. There are at least two players (Sosa, Giambi) who shouldn't even be playing in the game, let alone starting, and he has the nerve to say something like that.

The only good thing that can come out of this is that the Sox will use this as motivation to stick it to the rest of the American League in the second half.

Let's hope that either Frank or Paulie is eligible for the 32nd man voting.

Soxfest
07-04-2004, 06:20 PM
1 rep like we are last place in our division, 4 Indians is a complete slap by Torre to screw the Sox over.:angry:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=RKMeibalane]I wanted to cry when I heard that. Gammons is such a tool. There are at least two players (Sosa, Giambi) who shouldn't even be playing in the game.QUOTE]

Don't forget that Junior is batting .242 or something like that.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:21 PM
And BTW...

Joe Torre, you suck!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Dare I ask, how many members does that other Chicago team have?3.
Peepee hands, corky, and zambrano

RKMeibalane
[QUOTE=RKMeibalane]I wanted to cry when I heard that. Gammons is such a tool. There are at least two players (Sosa, Giambi) who shouldn't even be playing in the game.QUOTE]

Don't forget that Junior is batting .242 or something like that.
I actually don't mind seeing Griffey there, believe it or not. He's finally healthy again after three years spent mostly on the disabled list. It's good that he can actually get out there everyday and play.

Cowch44
With our starters I'm suprised Joe Crede isn't in that lineup....I think he's actually doing better than Giambi.:angry:

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:23 PM
With our starters I'm suprised Joe Crede isn't in that lineup....I think he's actually doing better than Giambi.:angry:
He is. That's what's so sad about all of this.

Deadguy
And BTW...

Joe Torre, you suck!
Well said. :angry:

RKMeibalane
Is the Baseball Tonight crew planning to speak with Torre during this show? I want to hear what that SOB has to say for himself. Loaiza? OMG!

MrRoboto83
07-04-2004, 06:24 PM
This is a democracy people........what a scam

Cowch44
...They better say something about the Sox deserving more...or I'll be really pissed...:angry:

Kogs35
i hope this game ends in a tie agian.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:25 PM
i hope this game ends in a tie agian.
They can't because it's for Home field advantage.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:25 PM
This disaster is iron-clad proof that fans no longer deserve to vote for the starters. Giambi shouldn't be there. Sosa shouldn't be there. Jeter shouldn't be there, either, after that horrible slump he had back in May. If fans aren't smart enough to vote for deserving players, then the voting priviledge needs to be taken away from them.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:26 PM
They can't because it's for Home field advantage.
After seeing the rosters for this game, I'm convinced they will find some way to screw things up even more. Baseball is really slipping.

samram
I agree it's lack of respect, but hoepfully our guys will rest up and then come out with a major chip on their collective shoulder, and kick AL ass for two and a half months, and then hammer the Yankees in the ALCS. I kind of like the thoughts of this team feeling slighted.

Cowch44
This disaster is iron-clad proof that fans no longer deserve to vote for the starters. Giambi shouldn't be there. Sosa shouldn't be there. Jeter shouldn't be there, either, after that horrible slump he had back in May. If fans aren't smart enough to vote for deserving players, then the voting priviledge needs to be taken away from them.
Let's not forget that Nomar was leading almost the whole time...

Kogs35
Is the Baseball Tonight crew planning to speak with Torre during this show? I want to hear what that SOB has to say for himself. Loaiza? OMG!
yes

kjhanson
07-04-2004, 06:27 PM
The biggest joke on the roster is Tom Gordon....? His ERA is nice and he's doing a fine job setting up, but there are plenty of other deserving players. IMO, Buehrle should be there rather than Esteban and the Sox deserve another representative replacing Gordon.

In response to Peter Gammon's comments, he said that the voting is so much fairer now. If so, no reason Giambi, Jeter, or Ichiro should even be in the game period. You could make the arguement that Ortiz, Young and Sheffield should be starting, opening up three more spots. Undoubtedly two of those would have to go to Konerko and Valentin.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 06:27 PM
The moron on ESPN just said that he was suprised that the fans didn't vote in Pedro Martinez. What a moron.

samram
07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Oh, and then next year, when Ozzie is the manager, he selects 0 Yankees, no matter how well any of them is doing, and when asked by the East Coast elite, says "I'm not sure who these Yankees of whom you speak are."

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh, and then next year, when Ozzie is the manager, he selects 0 Yankees, no matter how well any of them is doing, and when asked by the East Coast elite, says he has "never heard of the Yankees."
Too bad Giambi, A-Rod, etc. will be voted by the stupid fans...

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:30 PM
No Prior or Wood:D:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:32 PM
A team called The Expos also got one....compared to them...we're a god.

samram
07-04-2004, 06:32 PM
It would appear that McKeon selected his roster based on a little thing called merit, and not based on who plays in the eastern time zone. Maybe Torre doesn't stay up past 11 EST, and simply doesn't know who plays in the Midwest or on the left coast. Screw him right in the ear.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Between Buehrle and Loaiza, isn't Buehrle more deserving? You know, this is just great. Buehrle gets the snub on the night his is pitching the most important game of the season to date. I hope this does not affect him.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Between Buehrle and Loaiza, isn't Buehrle more deserving? You know, this is just great. Buehrle gets the snub on the night his is pitching the most important game of the season to date. I hope this does not affect him.Torre wouldn't pick him because he shuts down the Yanks at Yankee Stadium

WHarris13
07-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Between Buehrle and Loaiza, isn't Buehrle more deserving? You know, this is just great. Buehrle gets the snub on the night his is pitching the most important game of the season to date. I hope this does not affect him.I bet it has a positive effect.
He will go out and own the Cubs on national TV.

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Poor Beltran....he deserves it.

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Gammons was blabbing about how Sosa and Griffey deserve to start because of the history that makes with Bonds, since they have so many homers.

Than someone on the crew mentioned how this is an exhibition game, not anymore you fool!:angry:

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Torre likes to pick first timers...

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Ugh. Why was Sheffield taken as a reserve other than the fact that he's Gary Sheffield and he's on the Yankees? Now Torre is on and said he likes to choose players who've never been there before.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Per Bruce Levine, Frank Thomas was livid on the bench over not being chosen for the ASG.

I am not a fan of that Miller Brewing dope, but this is a traveshamockery!

WHarris13
07-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Per Bruce Levine, Frank Thomas was livid on the bench over not being chosen for the ASG.I think Oz should put him in the lineup now.

WinningUgly!
07-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Gammons was blabbing about how Sosa and Griffey deserve to start because of the history that makes with Bonds, since they have so many homers.

Than someone on the crew mentioned how this is an exhibition game, not anymore you fool!:angry:
1600+ HRs = 0 WS rings. :)

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Outside of real life oppression that continues to take place against minorities racial, religious, etc., the Chicago White Sox and their followers are the most oppressed people in this country.

nitetrain8601
07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
This is huge BS. Is the MLB trying to blackball Frank from ASG's now??? This is complete and utter bull. It should be Buehrle, Thomas and possibly Shingo going for the Sox. This is based on purely who Torre likes, not anyone else.

Complete Traveshamockery.

Ozzie start the mad man Thomas. He'll hit a window across the street. I'm glad McKeon did it mostly on merit.

ChiWhiteSox1337
1600+ HRs = 0 WS rings. :) There'd be one if that moron on the Northside knew how to handle a pitching staff.

WinningUgly!
Ugh. Why was Sheffield taken as a reserve other than the fact that he's Gary Sheffield and he's on the Yankees? Now Torre is on and said he likes to choose players who've never been there before.
MLB needs a to put a new rule in place for the ASG. They already have the every team must be represented thing...Now it's time to put a limit on how many players from each team. I'm thinking 3 or 4 would be plenty.

RKMeibalane
Per Bruce Levine, Frank Thomas was livid on the bench over not being chosen for the ASG.

Good. I hope he keeps that anger inside of him and unleashes on the rest of the American League. If he does that, no one will stand a chance against the White Sox.

Jerry_Manuel
07-04-2004, 06:49 PM
MLB needs a to put a new rule in place for the ASG. They already have the every team must be represented thing...Now it's time to put a limit on how many players from each team. I'm thinking 3 or 4 would be plenty.
The fans no business voting if the game is going to be this important. I'd rather just see the players vote on who should start and who should be on the team.

They know what's going on.

Soxzilla
07-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Oh well. This just gives me more incentive not to have to watch the Scrub Star game.

Loaiza over freddy and buerhle....

AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh sorry, I thought that was a joke.

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 06:54 PM
All star fan voting has to go!!!!Derek Jeter is the starting SS? Sammy and griffey dont deserve to go in the NL, let alone start. Its such a joke. Torre why didnt you just take your entire damn pen. I know no one is having a great year and thomas doesnt have a position in the NL park. Oh well. More rest for the sox players I guess.

Kogs35
07-04-2004, 06:56 PM
great yankmees star matsui is on the 32 man vote in the al agianst thomas and paulie. lets get frank or paulie voted on

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 06:57 PM

Im not saying frank isnt deserving, but PK is more deserving. Frank doesnt have a position. Maybe the fact that he has hit about .200 for the last 3 weeks and killed his average has a lot to do with it. Maybe it will motivate him. He has been left off a team many times when he is deserving, mainly because he doesnt have a position, but I was more angry previous years. What I want to know is why our #4 starter is going. Garcia, buerhle, and garland are all pitching better than loaiza.

harwar
07-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Frank usually goes on a tear after being rejected yet again.Lets hope for a long one.

Of course theres' always the chance that Frank or Paul may get voted in by the fans.ahhh..what the heck.

Viva Magglio
07-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Frank and Paulie both on the ballot will split the White Sox vote and prevent either one of them from getting elected. Is this a conspiracy against us?

:tool
"Viva, why are you looking at me?"

LauraJ14
07-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Before you kill Torre over this, the players vote on reserves and pitchers and Torre can only put like 5 or so players on the team. I am not sure of the numbers but he doesn't have a say in all the reserves and pitchers.

pissonthecubs
07-04-2004, 07:36 PM
They already showed the reserves on the ticker and loaiza is the only rep for the sox. :angry: while the indians have belliard, martinez, lawton and sabathia :angry:
you have to be f***ing kidding me!!!!!!:angry: no PK? no Big Hurt? no MB?? this is unreal, now a real reason NOT to watch that damn all star game.

Lip Man 1
07-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow...

OK here we go...

1. As mentioned Torre does not have complete final say on who makes the team.

2. Buehrle is not on the team in my opinion because outside observers are probably saying...' his ERA isn't great and he's getting the best run support in the league, so he must be lucky to have the record he does.' (Notice I am NOT saying this but I can understand this logic...)

3. The price to re-sign Loazia next year just went up again. (I know it's a conspiracy by the Yankees to drive him out of the Sox price range and into their willing hands!)

4. This reminds me of 1983 when the Sox only had one representative.

5. This is what you get folks when the 'fans' vote. It's nothing but a popularity contests. Until the Sox get well known, popular, high priced, players and actually win something of substance they will always be considered 'also rans' in these type of things. (Sorry but that's the reality of things...)

6. Thomas and Konerko got hurt by the 'every team has to be represented rule,' and by the fact that in Thomas' case the game is in Houston with no DH and Frank hasn't really played first. Torre isn't going to risk losing home field advantage for his club in October by taking that kind of chance. (Again I don't like the logic but can understand it.)

Lip

illinibk
07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
How is it, a team below .500 in third place in the division has twice as many reps for the ASG as the two first place teams in the division combined? ***?