PDA

View Full Version : Loaiza only sox rep...

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 06:06 PM
what a crock of BS! Cleveland has something like 4 reps this year. :angry:

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm a huge fan of E-Lo, but I don't see how he is more deserving than Thomas, Konerko, or even Takatsu.

harwar
07-04-2004, 06:38 PM
or Buerhrle..

jenmcm76
07-04-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm a huge fan of E-Lo, but I don't see how he is more deserving than Thomas, Konerko, or even Takatsu.
I agree! Thomas and Konerko had an uphill battle this year though. Ortiz definitely belongs there (despite being left off the ballot), and Ken Harvey is the lone KC rep. Add the parasitic Giambi, and 1B is pretty much full.

Interestingly enough, If Beltran hadn't been traded to the NL, he would've been the KC rep, and I bet Frank or Paulie would've made it.

Shingo being left out is really no surprise. Once again, Torre stacks the All-Star team with Yankees (do we really need 2 NYY relievers?) and leaves off others who were at least as deserving.

DickAllen72
07-04-2004, 06:45 PM

Takatsu is definitely the most deserving Sox pitcher to represent the team at the All Star Game.

OurBitchinMinny
07-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Loaiza is our only all star? Right now hes our fourth best starter. Konerko got screwed. Takatsu deserved it too. I understand why thomas didnt go. Hes a guy w/o a position in a national league start. What is really sick is that sosa is starting. Fan voting has to go. And what is griffey hitting .250?

munchman33
07-04-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm glad the fellow players respect E-Lo enough to vote him in, but with Torre in charge, it gave him free range to deny our more deserving selections, notably Paulie and Frank.

In case you guys missed the other post, if you're voting on the final player, vote for Frank, not Paulie. Don't split our vote. Name recognition is going to give Frank votes outside of Sox fans, and we're gonna build on that.

JB98
07-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Loaiza is our only all star? Right now hes our fourth best starter. Konerko got screwed. Takatsu deserved it too. I understand why thomas didnt go. Hes a guy w/o a position in a national league start. What is really sick is that sosa is starting. Fan voting has to go. And what is griffey hitting .250?
I agree with every statement you make here, although I sure hope we can vote Thomas in.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Rick Morrissey's column in the Tribune:
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-040704morrissey,1,2732185.column?coll=cs-columnists

Lip

DrCrawdad
07-05-2004, 12:31 AM
As I posted earlier, Esteban is a slightly better than average pitcher this season. He doesn't deserve to be an All-Star, let alone the sole Sox representative.

Mark Buehrle, Shingo, Konerko, Magglio and of course Frank should have gone before Esteban.

I guess Esteban coasted in on the coattails of his '03 record.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow...

OK here we go...

1. As mentioned Torre does not have complete final say on who makes the team.

2. Buehrle is not on the team in my opinion because outside observers are probably saying...' his ERA isn't great and he's getting the best run support in the league, so he must be lucky to have the record he does.' (Notice I am NOT saying this but I can understand this logic...)

3. The price to re-sign Loazia next year just went up again. (I know it's a conspiracy by the Yankees to drive him out of the Sox price range and into their willing hands!)

4. This reminds me of 1983 when the Sox only had one representative.

5. This is what you get folks when the 'fans' vote. It's nothing but a popularity contests. Until the Sox get well known, popular, high priced, players and actually win something of substance they will always be considered 'also rans' in these type of things. (Sorry but that's the reality of things.Just read some of the comments and stories in the papers today about this train of thought..)

6. Thomas and Konerko got hurt by the 'every team has to be represented rule,' and by the fact that in Thomas' case the game is in Houston with no DH and Frank hasn't really played first. Torre isn't going to risk losing home field advantage for his club in October by taking that kind of chance. (Again I don't like the logic but can understand it.)

Lip

sox_fan_forever
07-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I was at work all day yesterday, didn't get home until after 11 pm so after I found out the Sox lost I just wanted to get to sleep. I completely forgot about All Star selections until now so I just found out about this. I just can't believe this. The Sox are having their best season in quite some time and yet their lone All Star rep isn't even having that great of a year. I guess I shouldn't be suprised. I thought the Sox might only get one rep, but I thought it would be someone more deserving. I like Loaiza, but he doesn't deserve to be there this year.

jdm2662
07-05-2004, 12:17 PM
When Loaiza was called into Guillen's office, he thought he was traded.. He didn't expect to be named. He asked Gullien, why? Guillen said he didn't know. I don't watch the All-Star game anyway. I only watched it last year because it was at Comiskey and I wanted to see Loaiza start. I ended up seeing the end of it only because it was on at the bowling alley...
________
BLACK TEEN (http://www.****tube.com/categories/305/teen/videos/1)

skobabe8
07-05-2004, 12:23 PM
This might not be such a bad thing. Thomas and Paulie have butted heads before and IMO them both being snubbed may be better than one making and the other not. Plus, Ozzie can really use the "no respect" and "us against the world" cards. Let the phonies have their all-star game. We'll sit at home and simmer, and when play starts back up, we'll be all set to start ambushing some people.

hose
07-05-2004, 12:51 PM
I've reached a point where apathy is starting to set in.

I'm not complaining or protesting or boycotting the All-Star game, but I've lost interest and wont watch it strictly out of apathy.

Pretty pathetic considering all the money I've spent over the years supporting baseball and even attending last years All-Star game.

pissonthecubs
07-05-2004, 01:14 PM
this just gives me one more reason to not watch this stupid game this year. I like Estaban as much as any other Sox fan, but he has no right to be part of the all-star game when the Sox have PK, MB, and Frank who are having seasons that are a lot closer to all-star types then Loaiza is having. and explain to me why in the freakin' world this game has to "count". and why must it determine who gets home field advantage in the world series????

nasox
07-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I am outraged. Outraged, I say, Outraged.

kcsportscaster
07-06-2004, 01:23 AM
I'm outraged at only ONE Sox player, Loaiza, being named to the A-L All-Star team!!!! I think Loaiza is a very good starting pitcher, but if anybody from the starting rotation deserves an All-Star bid, it has to be Buehrle!!!! He has EASILY been the Sox best pitcher all season. Torre leaving him off was absolutely insane!!!! As far as other snubs go, BOTH Big Frank AND Paulie deserved bids as well. One or both of them will get screwed over with the final roster spot balloting being the way it is with both of them on the ballot. Let's just hope that there is a tie between them for first on the balloting so that possibly both Big Frank and Paulie will be in Houston.

CanOfCorn
07-06-2004, 02:04 AM
At least Paulie won't be going to the Home Run Derby again.

jackbrohamer
07-06-2004, 03:53 AM
I think it's also partly the result of the biggest media conglomerate in Chicago the Cubune Co. tirelessly spinning its wholly-owned team and its players, and trivializing the Sox and its players. Fans and media in other towns rely on second-hand information and that's a major source for it.

Look for a lot of gushing in the press about the 3 NL outfielders having 500-plus career homers, without mentioning the virtually certain use of steroids by the 2 corner OFs.

Blob
07-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Horrible, Paluie, Frank and Shingo deserve to be there before Loiza...

Hopefully, Frank will be voted in. I'm going to keep using other emails!!!

fhqwhgads
07-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Plus, Ozzie can really use the "no respect" and "us against the world" cards.
Careful, now. You don't want to sound like those cry-baby whiny bitches in Minneapolis. :cool:

misty60481
07-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Im glad Frank and Paulie arent going 3 days rest means more than playing a meaningless game all Frank could do is pinch hit and we know his record there, the last time Paulie went he got into biggest slump of his career he seems to do better after a little rest. Last year after all-star game he had a pretty decent second half we need to start fresh in second half. E-Lo wont be problem because we can rest him few days before his next start.

RKMeibalane
07-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Im glad Frank and Paulie arent going 3 days rest means more than playing a meaningless game all Frank could do is pinch hit and we know his record there, the last time Paulie went he got into biggest slump of his career he seems to do better after a little rest. Last year after all-star game he had a pretty decent second half we need to start fresh in second half. E-Lo wont be problem because we can rest him few days before his next start.
What?

TDog
07-06-2004, 06:53 PM
I've reached a point where apathy is starting to set in.

I'm not complaining or protesting or boycotting the All-Star game, but I've lost interest and wont watch it strictly out of apathy.

Pretty pathetic considering all the money I've spent over the years supporting baseball and even attending last years All-Star game.
I stopped caring about the All-Star game many years ago. Part of it was that I grew up and ended up with jobs where I typically had to work on Tuesday nights. Much of it had to do with the players selected. Honestly, I hope E-Lo doesn't even pitch.

It amazes me that people talk about the future All-Stars that the Sox traded when you look at the how good you can be on the Sox without making the All-Star team.