PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammons on All-Star voting

Cowch44
07-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I was watching the All-star game show and Peter Gammons was saying how the voting is spread out and fair....what a moron....he says the Sox are gonna win the WS but what a fricken' moron.:angry:

LongLiveFisk
07-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I was watching the All-star game show and Peter Gammons was saying how the voting is spread out and fair....what a moron....he says the Sox are gonna win the WS but what a fricken' moron.:angry:
That's funny.....back in April, I seem to remember him saying that the Cubs were going to win the WS. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 01:07 AM
The Sox can't even seem to get ten games over .500, how are they supposed to win the World series?

Lip

WhiteSox = Life
07-05-2004, 01:09 AM
The Sox can't even seem to get ten games over .500, how are they supposed to win the World series?

LipWell, at the end of October, they only have to be 3 games over, and that would and could be quite fine by me.

:smile:

Nellie_Fox
07-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Actually, I think he was clowning around when he said the Sox would win the WS. I could be wrong, but it seemed like a goof-off throw away line at the end of the segment. In no way did I take it seriously.

SoxxoS
07-05-2004, 12:25 PM

Lip
Great point, Lip.

The Marlins, who I heard were pretty good last year, weren't ten games over .500 until August 5th.

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Soxxos:

My point is that despite all this great hitting and with a starting pitching staff that even without Garcia had four capable guys, this club was having trouble putting together long winning streaks.

Four time they had a chance to go ten over .500 and lost that chance every time. There is still something missing with this club, I don't know what it is.

But to say the Sox are going to the World Series with this team as currently constituted, is wrong. They were actually talking about this late last night on The Sporting News radio network with a caller from Chicago.

Now they could be a legitimate contender depending on what else Williams does. We'll have to wait and see.

Lip