PDA

View Full Version : classic games

cubhater77
07-04-2004, 04:47 PM
i'm sure this has been braught up before, but i'm a newbie to the site. was wondering if anyone had any video audio of the following four games: the road and home openers from '77, home opener in 81, and disco demolition. would greatly appreciate the help. happy fourth everyone!

Lip Man 1
07-04-2004, 09:04 PM
I have numerous audio and video from games as far back as 1953 but I do not have the four game you specifically are requesting.
I do have the road opener from 1981 if that helps.

Lip

whtsx1959
07-05-2004, 12:59 AM
monday, July 12,

PBS (WTTW) will be showing a special on Disco Demolition Night

It will be the 25th Anniversary

lots of footage

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 12:07 PM
It's not an original broadcast. I heard from WTTW and they told me that idea was scrapped. (I don't know why) What they are showing is a replay of a broadcast that was aired years ago.

Lip

Brian26
07-05-2004, 03:23 PM
It's not an original broadcast. I heard from WTTW and they told me that idea was scrapped. (I don't know why) What they are showing is a replay of a broadcast that was aired years ago.

Lip
Lip-

Do you know if anyone has complete footage from the Ch 44 broadcast that night? I've always wondered if the actual between-games stuff was televised, or if they picked up with the broadcasters after the commercials. I've always wanted to see video of Peirsall and Gleason in the booth as the melee on the field was going on. I think it would even be fun to see the first game to try to get a feel for just how out-of-control the crowd was. Were records really being thrown on the field during the entire first game, etc?

cubhater77
07-05-2004, 04:06 PM

Lip
a home and road game from 77 would be ok with me. i was born that year, so it's just a sentimental value. i wouldn't mind the home opener from 76 as it was the return of veek. is there anyway you can tell me what specific games you have in your collection?

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 06:43 PM
E-mail me at mliptak1@ida.net with your e-mail address and I'll get something to you.

Lip

Lip Man 1
07-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Brian:
That's a great question. According to the official 79 Sox media guide that game was supposed to be televised by WSNS-TV. I have seen at times footage that does look like TV footage and not film so I think that it was.

I don't know if anything exist of the between games fiasco.

My best advice for you if you'd just like to know for sure is to contact the Chicago Museum Of Broadcast History (I think that's the name...) it's downtown. They may be able to tell you if they have something in their public archives.

Lip