PDA

View Full Version : "The Thrill of the Grass"

starboy0
07-04-2004, 11:02 AM
A friend of mine took me to Wrigley for a game against Houston. I was amazed by how awful the field looked! The grass was very dull and thinned out in many places.

Our park's grass is beautiful! Very vibrant, thick and shiny. In "Field of Dreams" Joe Jackson speaks about "the thrill of the grass." Well it's on the southside for sure.

Kudos to our groundskeepers.

The Critic
07-04-2004, 12:27 PM
A friend of mine took me to Wrigley for a game against Houston. I was amazed by how awful the field looked! The grass was very dull and thinned out in many places.

Our park's grass is beautiful! Very vibrant, thick and shiny. In "Field of Dreams" Joe Jackson speaks about "the thrill of the grass." Well it's on the southside for sure.

Kudos to our groundskeepers.
Hail to "The Sodfather", Roger Bossard!!!!
( I love that nickname - coined on Mac Jurko & Harry's show )

Yeah, the grass at Wrigley looked a little beat up, now that you mention it.

bigfoot
07-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Wrigley's grass will look a lot better now that there's been a lot of real water put onto the outfield. My lawn doesn't look to good near the places my dog has chosen to 'honor' daily. Why should that field look any better, after the 'troughs' are done draining?

WSox8404
07-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Wrigley's grass will look a lot better now that there's been a lot of real water put onto the outfield. My lawn doesn't look to good near the places my dog has chosen to 'honor' daily. Why should that field look any better, after the 'troughs' are done draining?
Ha. Good one. I wondered where all of that piss went.

MrRoboto83
07-04-2004, 04:26 PM
not to mention where all the cub players stand the grass dies, i've heard of a curse, this team is cursed by it's horrible fans, pissing in sinks, not knowing who pitches, and just plain stupid. The media are cub fans, say no more, and im glad.