PDA

View Full Version : Where Is That Killer Instinct?

starboy0
07-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Is seems this team over the last few years has lacked "the killer instinct." We put a modest winning streak together and then relax. Kick some ass then become complacent.

After winning the series in the Cell with the Cubbies (last night a guy said how can a real man say he's for a team with a name like the "cubbies!"), including a miracle game by Diaz vs. Zambrano then sweeping in the garbage dome, including the Garland vs. Santana gem I was like ok baby here we go; these boys are stompin'. But then we go to the urinal and look flat as can be.

Of course it's impossible for any team to play 100% pumped 100% of the time. But standing back and looking at the last few years collectively, it just seems we lack that killer instinct to go out and get it when it's there for the taking.

CHISOXFAN13
07-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Is seems this team over the last few years has lacked "the killer instinct." We put a modest winning streak together and then relax. Kick some ass then become complacent.

After winning the series in the Cell with the Cubbies (last night a guy said how can a real man say he's for a team with a name like the "cubbies!"), including a miracle game by Diaz vs. Zambrano then sweeping in the garbage dome, including the Garland vs. Santana gem I was like ok baby here we go; these boys are stompin'. But then we go to the urinal and look flat as can be.

Of course it's impossible for any team to play 100% pumped 100% of the time. But standing back and looking at the last few years collectively, it just seems we lack that killer instinct to go out and get it when it's there for the taking.
Facing a pitcher the caliber of Zambrano can do that to any team. The guy had great stuff. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the opponent.

fquaye149
07-04-2004, 10:00 AM
good grief.

every month and a half I see the same thread

Lip Man 1
07-04-2004, 12:57 PM
It's called not having Ordonez in the lineup, not having either Thomas or Konerko batting due to the lack of a DH and having the pitcher hitting.

That's a lot of outs to be giving up.

Lip

jabrch
07-04-2004, 01:43 PM
We lost to Zambrano and Maddux. For petes sake - we just swept the Twins. Wait a week before slipping the knot over your neck.

WSox8404
07-04-2004, 02:00 PM
We lost to Zambrano and Maddux. For petes sake - we just swept the Twins. Wait a week before slipping the knot over your neck.
Really. It's not like we just faced Jaime Navarro and Hideo Nomo. Zambrano and Maddux were on. That's all there is to it.

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm getting sick of these threads. The Sox win two games in a row, and people act like the World Series is a given. The Sox lose two in a row, and people are calling for the Sox to blow the team up and start over. It's old.

As for the killer instinct, I would think by now that everyone here understands that the Sox aren't to that point, yet. Why they aren't is beyond my ability to comprehend, but I know enough to realize that they still have a long way to go before they're ready to win a championship. Let's just wait and see what happens before putting up another "The World is Coming to an End" thread.