PDA

View Full Version : NorthSideDroolz gets the treatment (was Dave Wills)

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 03:42 AM
:santo
"Oh nooooooo!"

[moderator edit]

You are some kind of idiot to come to this board and try to poison the pure spring of Sox Fandom with the Kubbie Kool-Aid.

Now you are a dead troll. We've gone back and revealed the true meaning you intended for all your posts. If Sox Fans want a good laugh at your expense they only need to click on your name and follow the link to read all your stupid posts to see what a complete dope you truly are. Of course you're powerless to reply to anything we say about you but this only speaks to your low level of intelligence for posting here in the first place.

Enjoy your stay at WSI while the buzzards pick the last scraps of meat from your carcass.

:troll

As for any other would be trolls reading this... see if you manage any better.

DMarte708
07-04-2004, 04:41 AM
How has this drillrod lasted 12 posts? Ban him already.

Atleast UICJason professed himself as a White Sox fan. Its debateable whether or not the label is true.

This particular troll is here only to stir trouble.

WhiteSox = Life
07-04-2004, 04:49 AM
I'm sorry to come in and ruin the mostly Sox baords, but I listened to Dave Wills, and have to take out my frustrations on your baord. This guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder and a giant inferiority complex. He's just as bad as Chip Caray and Ron Santo. I know people are alreayd calling me a troll but best of luck to you guys tomorrow in a good matchup of average left handers, and best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope you keep Mags and make a run at it all.Whoa... No way... Why would somebody be calling you a troll? Already? What could possibly be the evidence for that?

Did you:

Throw together a bunch of one or two line posts (except for this well thought out thread) citing dreck?
Post 12 in a matter of 19 minutes?
Rag on the attendance? More than once?
Immediately say the Sox will not be successful in the World Series this year? Geez... I'd think getting there is a pretty nice job, doncha think? And yet you're blasting the Sox because "they will not be successful in the world series this year. Sorry, guys. Maybe next year for you!!"
Attempt to correct a Sox fan on his punctuation, and then misspell the word?
Defend the Cubs in a one-line zing?
Really mean to say, "Anybody who says that [Gload's called foul grand slam] was a fair ball is not a true baseball fan"?
Drive home the solid point that since Ozzie was a National League coach last year, he must be able to get an American League team specifically designed to play in the AL, to play lights out in the NL?
Create this stupid thread? How dare somebody in the media not bend over backwards for the Cubs!
Actually post this: "It's not a stereotype that White Sox fans are bad fans. They just don't support the team at Comiskey when the Cubs aren't playing there. Tell me the last time you has sellout without the Cubs in town (probably Opening Day)."
Then try to cover your ass the next minute with this: "They (the Sox) have a great team...there's no doubt about that. And the Yanks aren't going to the Series. Why not the Sox? Why not the Cubs in the National?
And then have the audacity to type in this coup de grāce: "Sox fans are just as band wagon as most yuppie Cubs fans."
I'll stop on lucky 13, if you know what I mean.

Things I learned from NorthSideRules

If you're going to be kicked off the site, come on late and post as much garbage as you can and then leave.
He and/or she is apparently prescient and can see all the way to October. There's one thing he and/or she will be seeing very shortly (and as I created this post, already saw).
Everybody must love the Cubs.
Sox fans — well, there aren't any 'cause of all that blue.
If things don't work out, he and/or she can always go and lick Moronotti. That is, if he and/or she doesn't already for the Windsock.
OEO Magglio, the mod who booted ya (edit: thanks CLR01, you kind soul), and I agree:

NorthSideRules:

:dtroll: , YOU GAWN!

:smile: :D: :cool: :tongue: :rolleyes:

My, that was fun!

:bandance: :gulp: :) :supernana:

CLR01
07-04-2004, 05:10 AM
(edit: thanks CLR01, you kind soul)

No need for thanks I take great pleasure in banning flub trolls. However I always welcome cash donations for a job well done.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-04-2004, 05:31 AM
Like the rest of the chicago media isn't biased towards a certain team...

:wills
Drillrod!

:hawk
HE GAWN!

:dinger
NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE! :dtroll:

that was fun. :supernana:

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 06:42 AM
I'm sorry to come in and ruin the mostly Sox baords, but I listened to Dave Wills...

The Cubbies win two against the Sox and the board gets a run of Cubbie trolls. Interesting when we always hear about how Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox.

...I know people are alreayd calling me a troll...

Just calling it like it is.

...good matchup of average left handers...

Buehrle is an average left hander? You're not only a troll, you're an ignorant pud! God, I hope Buehrle throws a no-hitter.

One last thing to NorthSideFools and the Cub fans lurking here, learn a little something about being a guest (a Cub fan posting on Sox board) by following the lead of Vsahajpal. Vsahajpal is a passionate Cub fan who posts here regularly and does it without taking the usual swipes at Sox fans.

Vsahajpal
07-04-2004, 07:24 AM
LOL...meanwhile I've been responding to this guy thinkin' he is still a viable WSI member..."miss a little miss a lot." Eh, regurgitating too many Chicago media lines...I'm done for the night. :gulp:

cornball
07-04-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry to come in and ruin the mostly Sox baords, but I listened to Dave Wills, and have to take out my frustrations on your baord. This guy has the biggest chip on his shoulder and a giant inferiority complex. He's just as bad as Chip Caray and Ron Santo. I know people are alreayd calling me a troll but best of luck to you guys tomorrow in a good matchup of average left handers, and best of luck for the rest of the season. I hope you keep Mags and make a run at it all.
At least he recognizes the other team, unlike the flagship radio station your team has broadcasts from. Take your fustrations out with them.

hose
07-04-2004, 07:54 AM
One head-butt from Dave Will's massive cranium should knock some sense into NorthSide Fool.

Mammoo
07-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Who among us can deny that Wills is a frickin' idiot???

WinningUgly!
07-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Who among us can deny that Wills is a frickin' idiot???Wills kicks ass!

http://www.comcastnetwork.tv/images/hosts/sw_dw.jpg

The Critic
07-04-2004, 09:50 AM
I don't like Wills as a broadcaster at all.
I know that bias is OK here as long as it's pro-Sox bias, but I don't like listening to him one bit.
He comes off as completely unprofessional when it comes to the Cubs. You don't have to like a team, but up until VERY recently he wouldn't even give game-related details of Cub games. Things he would list for every other major league game ( such as winning and losing pitchers, home runs hit in games, etc ) he would NOT list for Cub games. It's unprofessional and it looks bad.

WinningUgly!
07-04-2004, 10:05 AM
I know that bias is OK here as long as it's pro-Sox bias, but I don't like listening to him one bit.
He comes off as completely unprofessional when it comes to the Cubs. You don't have to like a team, but up until VERY recently he wouldn't even give game-related details of Cub games. Things he would list for every other major league game ( such as winning and losing pitchers, home runs hit in games, etc ) he would NOT list for Cub games. It's unprofessional and it looks bad.
As a White Sox fan, that's what I like. I want to hear about my team exclusively, with all Cubs coverage kicked to the curb. When he has Cub-related news items, I have no problem with a few digs & cheapshots. C'mon Willsy is doing Sox coverage, what the hell do you expect? I guess some people are so used to being forced-fed the reverse, from every other media outlet, that it's the only way it can be for them.

The Critic
07-04-2004, 10:09 AM
I guess some people are so used to being forced-fed the reverse, from every other media outlet, that it's the only way it can be for them.
Not at all. I just feel that two wrongs don't make a right, and if bias is bad against the Sox, then it should be considered bad the other way around. I just think professionalism should be expected from media people regardless of affiliation.

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I love Wills! Well, I mean as a Sox broadcaster...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Not at all. I just feel that two wrongs don't make a right, and if bias is bad against the Sox, then it should be considered bad the other way around. I just think professionalism should be expected from media people regardless of affiliation.
Wills is the greatest. If you don't like him, tune in WGN and get your coverage there. Or read the Cubune. Or watch Channel 9. Or Mark Giangreco. Or Fox.

Sheesh... some people can be so ****ing ridiculous. They act like having even one biased Sox Fan in the media is some sort of affront to Flubbie Nation.

Get a ****ing life.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Only half the idiot the people you like listening to.:rolleyes:

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Only half the idiot the people you like listening to.:rolleyes:

What people does he like listening to? Just curious.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2004, 10:43 AM
What people does he like listening to? Just curious.
Lame internet reporters, of course.

:bandance:

TornLabrum
07-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey, Critic! Why don't you come to the WCSF luncheon on Friday and say it to his face?

jabrch
07-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey, Critic! Why don't you come to the WCSF luncheon on Friday and say it to his face?
When's the next one Hal? Who's the lineup? Can you PM me the info? I'd like to come if I can get away from the office this Friday. (Already getting out on Thursday to come to the game.)

Jjav829
07-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I agree with the rest of the people who think that Wills is the man. He's the only reason I bother to listen to the Sox pre/post game shows. I don't mind his shots at the Cubs at all. It makes him different from the rest of the Cub ass kissing media.

The Critic
07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Because it's not really ALL that important to me.
All I said was that I don't enjoy his broadcasting - I didn't realize that made it necessary to confront him.
I'm not going to track down Mariotti, Santo, Caray, North, etc. to say it to their faces either. Just stating my opinion, nothing more or less.

The Critic
07-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Wills is the greatest. If you don't like him, tune in WGN and get your coverage there. Or read the Cubune. Or watch Channel 9. Or Mark Giangreco. Or Fox.

Sheesh... some people can be so ****ing ridiculous. They act like having even one biased Sox Fan in the media is some sort of affront to Flubbie Nation.

Get a ****ing life.
You completely misunderstand my point. My point is that I feel that ANY bias is unprofessional. The Cub bias in a lot of media outlets is unprofessional as well, and I find it as distasteful as I find Wills' bias.
I don't care about "Flubbie Nation" one bit, or who might be offended by anyone's unprofessionalism on either side. I was speaking for myself and no one else.
I'm sure a lot of people like Wills, and I'm equally sure that my opinion changes nothing. Doesn't make it any less valid, though.
I certainly didn't mean to appear "ridiculous" or "lifeless", and I don't believe that my opinions ( or yours, for that matter ) are either of those things. Sorry to anger you so.

vegyrex
07-04-2004, 12:23 PM
We need more broadcasters like Dave to counteract the the heavy media bias against the Sox. He says what most Sox fans think about the flubs and what you won't hear from others.

Go Sox
Go Dave

PaleHoseGeorge
07-04-2004, 12:24 PM
You completely misunderstand my point. My point is that I feel that ANY bias is unprofessional. The Cub bias in a lot of media outlets is unprofessional as well, and I find it as distasteful as I find Wills' bias.
I don't care about "Flubbie Nation" one bit, or who might be offended by anyone's unprofessionalism on either side. I was speaking for myself and no one else.
I'm sure a lot of people like Wills, and I'm equally sure that my opinion changes nothing. Doesn't make it any less valid, though.
I certainly didn't mean to appear "ridiculous" or "lifeless", and I don't believe that my opinions ( or yours, for that matter ) are either of those things. Sorry to anger you so.Fine. As I said before, turn Wills off. It's not like there is any shortage of others offering an alternate point of view, right?

In the wake of the Flubbies choke last October, a sobbing Mark Giangreco went on the record admitting to his bias. The folks at the Cubune haven't ever admitted as much though I'm sure neither of us doubts for a minute that deep down they *know* they are. Otherwise they are simply in a state of heavy denial.

Wills is unique. His bias goes the opposite way of Chicago's #1 newspaper and the Midwest's undisputed largest media empire. Dingleberries like Giangreco simply go along for the ride.

Why you find fault with *WILLS* is totally beyond me. Hell, he is just one biased voice shouting against a ****ing chorus 100-times louder and every bit as biased.

You have choices. It's totally foolish to complain about him.

TornLabrum
07-04-2004, 05:01 PM
We need more broadcasters like Dave to counteract the the heavy media bias against the Sox. He says what most Sox fans think about the flubs and what you won't hear from others.

Go Sox
Go Dave

BINGO!

hose
07-04-2004, 06:44 PM
:wills

Willys is the voice of reason.:gulp:

HomeFish
07-04-2004, 07:18 PM

Perhaps. But even if he is, he is OUR frickin' idiot and we love him.

steff
07-05-2004, 12:26 AM

Sox talk. Just what I like to hear on the Sox pre and post game shows. :rolleyes:

OEO Magglio
07-05-2004, 12:30 AM
Sox talk. Just what I like to hear on the Sox pre and post game shows. :rolleyes:LOL exactly. Wills is the man, I can't believe there is anyone here who doesn't like Dave.

CJLove23
07-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Wait just a minute:

There is a Cubs troll on here? Your team just won, man. Go get drunk and pass out!! How pathetic that the first thing you do is flood comments on a Sox message board after your team just won. Ha ha, go drink some goat milk

jabrch
07-05-2004, 12:41 AM

Bumped - for Hal...

When - where - and who's gonna be there? I'd like to come if I can get away from work in back to back days.

TornLabrum
07-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Bumped - for Hal...

When - where - and who's gonna be there? I'd like to come if I can get away from work in back to back days.
Friday from 11:30-1:30 at the Old Eagle Banquet Hall at the Polo Cafe (33rd or so and Morgan). Ozzie promised to have one or more of the coaches show up, and someone very much involved with the production of the Us Vs. Them commercial has said he would try to make it. I should know in a day or two who is actually coming. I do know one coach who said during SoxFest that he would come whenever we asked, but the last I heard, we were waiting for confirmation.

The donation is $32.00 for members (annual membership is $25.00) and $37.00 for nonmembers. Reservations can be made by calling the Windy City Sox fans at (708) 424-8520.

I will post an official announcement when I get the actual name(s).

skobabe8
07-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't want Willsy any other way. :D: