PDA

View Full Version : Our baserunning is a real problem

beausox
09-25-2001, 08:37 PM
Durham's SB % rate is horrible. He should be a 40-50 steal guy, a lot of other guys on this team have had similar problems in terms of ratio of SB's to CS. Gary Pettis was brought in this year to work on our baserunning along wiht being the 1st base coach. They fired Bryan Little due to similar problems last year. I think another changed needs to be made. Also on a side note, Wallace Johnson is one of the best third base coaches in the business. He is very aggressive and rarely gets a guy thrown out.

Jerry_Manuel
09-25-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by beausox
Durham's SB % rate is horrible. He should be a 40-50 steal guy, a lot of other guys on this team have had similar problems in terms of ratio of SB's to CS. Also on a side note, Wallace Johnson is one of the best third base coaches in the business. He is very aggressive and rarely gets a guy thrown out.

Ray needs to get on base first. He swings for the fences to much. Wallace is aggressive yes but sometimes and we have seen it this year it hurts the team more then it helps.

:waving
Go...Go...Go

GASHWOUND
09-25-2001, 08:59 PM
Alot of the Sox players have pretty good steal/caught stealing ratio. I do't have the numbers in front of me, but Lee, Mags, Singleton, and Clayton have done a good job. If anyone has the statistics, pu em up please. I'm to lazy to to look them up.

Tragg
09-25-2001, 09:50 PM
The bigger baserunning problem this year has been being thrown out at 3rd with less than 2 out.

Daver
09-25-2001, 11:31 PM
Waving Wally is one of the biggest problems with the baserunning this year,he needs to go,he can share a garbage truck with Nardi.

FarWestChicago
09-25-2001, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by daver
Waving Wally is one of the biggest problems with the baserunning this year,he needs to go,he can share a garbage truck with Nardi. Yeah, but Wavin' has a cool nickname.

Daver
09-26-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, but Wavin' has a cool nickname.

So do you,what difference does that make?
Maybe I need a nickname to put it in perspective.

FarWestChicago
09-26-2001, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by daver

So do you,what difference does that make?
Maybe I need a nickname to put it in perspective. LOL!! I think Nuge would be a good fit.

Daver
09-26-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL!! I think Nuge would be a good fit.

If I am not mistaken that name is already being used.

PutItOnTheBoard
09-26-2001, 12:24 AM
Man, Nugent has to be the king of nicknames...

"Motor City Madman"

"Tedley"

"the Gonzo Rocker"

"The Nuge"

"Terrible Ted"

I mean, can any rocker top that list of nicknames?! Just writing this makes me wanna slap on a little "stranglehold"...

FarWestChicago
09-26-2001, 12:37 AM
Never forget "Sweaty Teddy"

PaleHoseGeorge
09-26-2001, 09:25 AM
or Theodosious Atrocious.