PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-3 Sox at Flubs Post-game Thread

SaltyPretzel
07-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Cubs win. :angry:

oeo
07-03-2004, 05:15 PM
It makes me so angry when a game is called. This game wasn't anywhere near being over.

RKMeibalane
Once the rain started to fall, it became obvious that the Sox didn't have a chance in hell of winning this afternoon. The fans were against them. The umps were against them. Mother Nature was against them. It's days like this that make me want to put up a sign that sucks "**** the World" for all to see.

doublem23
Took 'em 5 years to get us back.

Gotta win tomorrow. :bandance:

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Just for the record: National League rules suck.

Irishsox1
The umpires that decided to play this game had more to do with the Cubs winning than any Sox or Cubs player. Whatever umpire decided to try to play that game should be suspended. Anybody looking at the radar could see the huge storms coming. The Cubs totally stole that game. Tomorrow is a must win.

knocko94
Eat my ass Flubs, this game was NOT over

RKMeibalane
Took 'em 5 years to get us back.

Gotta win tomorrow. :bandance:
Maybe the Sox can bring Mike Caruso back for tomorrow's game.

SomebodyToldMe
07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
we can't get swept...

CAN'T!

MUSTN'T!

WON'T!!!!

WHarris13
07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
This sucks, they just brought in the pen which could have been rocked very easily.

Ah well just more reason to come out and beat them down tommorrow night.

oldcomiskey
07-03-2004, 05:22 PM
the sox looked dead from the 1st inning--all of you complaining that they called the game -what would you want more --a game in which maybe the sox win or risk losing someone on a wet field--Sox had the same opputunties that the cubs had--quit crying--we got beat--plain and simple

pudge
07-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Man, that really is bogus. What a load of crap. Oh well, here's hoping we win tomorrow.

pudge
07-03-2004, 05:25 PM
the sox looked dead from the 1st inning--all of you complaining that they called the game -what would you want more --a game in which maybe the sox win or risk losing someone on a wet field--Sox had the same opputunties that the cubs had--quit crying--we got beat--plain and simple
Yeah but we were just starting to finally snap out of it. It's a nine-inning game for a reason.

WinningUgly!
07-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Once the rain started to fall, it became obvious that the Sox didn't have a chance in hell of winning this afternoon. The fans were against them. The umps were against them. Mother Nature was against them. It's days like this that make me want to put up a sign that sucks "**** the World" for all to see.Great, even Mother Nature is a sCrUBBIES fan! We need all Sox fans to rally together & boycott all outdoor activities, for the rest of the summer. Hurry, somebody needs to start an emailing somebody!

flo-B-flo
07-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Let's get back to b******* about what's REALLY wrong. The Sox starting pitching.:mad:

skobabe8
07-03-2004, 05:37 PM
If that field wasnt such a piece of s*** and could drain some water, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Lip Man 1
07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Well remember the Sox caught a weather break in 2000 (?) when Sirotka got a rain shortened win at Wrigley.

The pressure's really on Buehrle tomorrow.

Now 2-6 in interleagues games in N.L. parks. Still don't think we don't need Maggs?

Lip

JRIG
07-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Now 2-6 in interleagues games in N.L. parks. Still don't think we don't need Maggs?

Lip
Or Frank? We're 1-5 in games Konerko has started in interleague games in NL parks.

Cowch44
07-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Let's get back to b******* about what's REALLY wrong. The Sox starting pitching.:mad:
Diaz had some trouble in the first but then he got 6ks through 3 so he's coming around, Beuhrle and Garcia both did pretty good in their last starts, idk why Loaiza isn't doing very good....currently I'd say our offense is in a slide...6 runs TOTAL in the last 3 games, and 13 hits.

Grobber33
07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Well remember the Sox caught a weather break in 2000 (?) when Sirotka got a rain shortened win at Wrigley.

Lip
It was 1999 and it was Jim Parque who got the 5-3 rain shortened win here in that Series the Sox swept. Greg Norton had a homer after a Manny Alexander error. The Sox had led in that game 5-0 and the Cubs were rallying when the rains came. In this case the Cubs were up 4-0 and the Sox began a comeback.
The Score in Crosstown Rain shortened games is now 1-1.

OurBitchinMinny
07-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Or Frank? We're 1-5 in games Konerko has started in interleague games in NL parks.
Frank has been awful the last 2 and a half weeks or so. His average has dropped about 30 points. The problem is that the sox let down after the twins series. Elo let them down yesterday. Didnt see todays game, but I didnt expect diaz to win twice.

HITMEN OF 77
07-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Listened to the game via computer/radio today. Sounds like it was pouring all over Chicago today. My thoughts.....Pure BS. I like how they kept having rain delays every inning until the game became official and then decide to call it. What a load. After the first inning or 2nd delay why not call the game? They knew there weren't going to fit in the 9 inning game, so why not call it and have had a double header tomorrow? The umps screwed us on this one IMO. This game really ticks me off. :angry:

JRIG
07-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Frank has been awful the last 2 and a half weeks or so. His average has dropped about 30 points. The problem is that the sox let down after the twins series. Elo let them down yesterday. Didnt see todays game, but I didnt expect diaz to win twice.
Let's see....let's see...let's see...

Two and a half weeks.

Well heck! That would directly coincide with Ozzie taking him out of the lineup in NL parks!

Go figure.

mrzerofan
07-03-2004, 06:41 PM
We will for sure win tommorow because it is is Buehrle vs. Rusch. By the way, why does Jon Miller on Sunday Night Baseball call Juan Uribe "Juan UUUribe?"

jdm2662
07-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Rooney, Farmer, Melton, and Wills all said that he field looked terrible and had no idea why they still are trying to get the game in. This is despite the fact the Sox were down. This happens in baseball. Just need to move on and take the game tommorrow.
________
Public risky (http://www.****tube.com/categories/939/risky/videos/1)

WinningUgly!
07-03-2004, 06:49 PM
The umps screwed us on this one IMO. This game really ticks me off. :angry:
That's two days in a row.:bs:

Viva Magglio
07-03-2004, 06:51 PM
The question I have is this. If the field was unplayable, why was the game called instead of suspended until tomorrow?

bmac5001
07-03-2004, 07:04 PM
ah well, we could have possibly come back, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, i suppose. personally i would have liked to see Rauch get the start over Diaz today. Both of them were successful in their last starts and the Cubs just saw (and lost too of course) Diaz last weekend so i'm sure they tried to make some adjustments. Ozzie was apparently considering it, but decided to go with Diaz. Not that Diaz did inherently bad or anything, just my personal preference.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 07:07 PM

LipThe game you're thinking about took place on June 11, 1999. It was the first game of the series that the Sox swept at the Urinal.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Frank has been awful the last 2 and a half weeks or so. His average has dropped about 30 points. The problem is that the sox let down after the twins series. Elo let them down yesterday. Didnt see todays game, but I didnt expect diaz to win twice.I'd still rather have Frank in there. I'm biased, of course, but Frank's presence in the lineup changes how opposing pitchers approach the Sox. I don't think Frank is one of those players who draws the entire focus of the opposing team, but I definitely believe that he is still one of the most feared hitters in baseball. I can think of several Sox players I'd rather face than Frank Thomas. I'd probably even pitch to Magglio Ordonez before I pitched to Frank Thomas.

Then again, I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about. :D:

OEO Magglio
07-03-2004, 07:33 PM
I just got back from the urinal and it was my first trip to that dump. I thought the field was playable when they were thinking about getting the game in the last time, the rain delay before the field looked pretty bad but they got it in. Another thing that really made me mad is once it stopped raining they'd wait about 10 minutes to come and take the tarp off it was absolutely ridiculous and this was handled pretty poorly. Ozzie was trying to make the umps keep the game going. The bats were getting started in the 5th inning they absolutely were hitting rockets but they were right at people and then the 6th they had their 2 runs, I really believe the sox would have come back and won this game. What really was horrible is they canceled the game in sunshine, unbelievable.:angry:

BarbG
07-03-2004, 07:39 PM
The question I have is this. If the field was unplayable, why was the game called instead of suspended until tomorrow?

Because the Cubs were winning!

Mohoney
07-03-2004, 07:49 PM
If that field wasnt such a piece of s*** and could drain some water, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Thank you. It needed to be said.

Did anybody else notice the sewage backup collecting on the warning track?

I'll trade one measly loss to get my team out of Hepatitisville.

idseer
07-03-2004, 08:04 PM
not because paul hasn't hit tho.

JRIG
07-03-2004, 08:11 PM
not because paul hasn't hit tho.
In games in NL parks, Konerko is 3-19 (.158) with a double, HR and 2 BB. 1 RBI and 2 runs scored.

Paul hasn't hit.

CWSGuy406
07-03-2004, 08:18 PM
It was 1999 and it was Jim Parque who got the 5-3 rain shortened win here in that Series the Sox swept. Greg Norton had a homer after a Manny Alexander error. The Sox had led in that game 5-0 and the Cubs were rallying when the rains came. In this case the Cubs were up 4-0 and the Sox began a comeback.
The Score in Crosstown Rain shortened games is now 1-1.
Grobber - even you cannot defend that your field has an AWFUL, just awful drainage system. It's so poor. The game shouldn't have even been played, they knew it was going to rain all day. Like someone said earlier, if you know you can't get a whole game in, why even start it?

Oh well - sometimes crap like this happens. Go get them tommorow Mark! :bandance:

Lip Man 1
07-03-2004, 08:55 PM
The Cubs wanted to get the game in because they had 40,000 paid customers in the park.

All MLB teams are like this in part because of the goofy schedule. This was the only Sox trip to the North Side. What if it was called and it rains again tomorrow? When do you make up two games???

I'm not trying to defend the Cubs but all teams will play in a flood if it is the last trip into town for a club.

I've seen the Sox play some games in absolutely miserable conditions (those games against the Tigers last April when it was like 20 degrees and last July when it rained cats and dogs in a 10-8 loss come to mind.)

Also remember that once the game starts the decision to play no longer belongs to the home team. Once the first pitch is thrown the umpires have the sole authority to delay or end the game.

By the way for the first time in years it seems like Sosa is killing us.

Stat of the night: In games begun by Sox 5th starters the team is now 3-9.

Lip

Streets
07-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Considering I drove 5 hours home to come to this game... I am thoroughly pissed off. The field/crew were terrible. I feel that I got ripped off of the money I paid (face value + convenience fees) for this game. The delays were ridiculous, and a lot of time was wasted in between them. The Sox were about to break through and bring the game back to even ground! Yeah, the field looked terrible because it has no drainage system! So in addition to my wasted ticket, gas, parking money, and stress in driving to Lakeview..... this weekend just sucks. :angry:

I hate Wrigley and I seriously doubt I ever go back to that piss poor excuse of a stadium. They can keep their leaking gutters/roof, beer slicked pavement, horrible looking bathrooms, cold food, bad drainage, no parking, bad crowd control, incoherent sound system, horrible music .......... dump!

idseer
07-03-2004, 09:24 PM
In games in NL parks, Konerko is 3-19 (.158) with a double, HR and 2 BB. 1 RBI and 2 runs scored.

Paul hasn't hit.
you're right. it didn't feel like that for some reason but ... there it is.

however, when thomas started we went 1 - 2 so i don't think it made a heck of a lot of difference who was at first.
it was logical to sit thomas still tho based on paul being the much hotter hitter. well, it's only one more nat. game now anyway. :smile:

Whitesox029
07-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Does anyone else think we may have experienced a letting down of the guard after we swept the Twins going into a series with the Cubs instead of the other way around? Maybe the Sox have been a bit too cocky in playing these bums.

I have a story, and it is not a fun one. I went to the Taste today with a couple of arrogant cub fans who wouldn't leave me the hell alone. I may have mentioned before that I'm 16, and these guys were around my age, but they certainly didn't act it. They continually took my Sox hat off my head, starting when they found out that the Cubs were up 3-0 in the 2nd and played keep away with it, and then one actually went and bought a cubs hat for $27.50 in the tribune giftshop just to show me up for the hour and a half more we were to stay at the Taste. The train ride home brought news of the "end" of the game, and more **** from them. I just stared out the window pretending not to care until they realized I was ticked off beyond belief.

kcsportscaster
07-03-2004, 11:03 PM
That was a bizzarre game with the four rain delays, wasn't it????
That first inning with Diaz allowing the two homers, as well as the delays, hurt DA SOX, but I liked how Diaz settled down after that one bad inning until he was lifted in favor of Adkins. When the game resumed after the third delay, Jeff Torborg kept harping on the field conditions, which were a bit unsafe with players on both teams slipping on the infield dirt, and wondering if Ozzie suggested to the umpires that he wanted the game to be called for safety reasons. That's despite the fact that DA SOX started to gain some momentum after scoring two on Maddux and chasing him from the game. For anybody who was at The Urinal, what was the reaction when the game was finally called? Ozzie doesn't seem to be the type of manager who would pull his team off the field because he didn't want to risk injury to the players even when the umpires decided to resume playing. In other words, Ozzie is NOT a quitter in my mind.

As for Sunday, DA SOX NEED THIS ONE IN THE WORST FREAKIN' WAY IN
ORDER TO AVOID THE SWEEP BY THE FLUBBIES!!!! Look for a flatfooted tie for first in the A-L Central after Saturday's games because I have absolutely NO confidence in the Diamondbacks beating the Twinkies. DA SOX need to get the Rusch early and often, and Buehrle MUST shut down the Flubbies early and go at least seven innings Sunday night, and I will be watching.

Later on,

Ken Coleman

GO SOX!!!!

milrtyme28
07-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I hate Wrigley and I seriously doubt I ever go back to that piss poor excuse of a stadium. They can keep their leaking gutters/roof, beer slicked pavement, horrible looking bathrooms, cold food, bad drainage, no parking, bad crowd control, incoherent sound system, horrible music .......... dump!

Well said! ( I am going tomorrow anyway - we have to take this one! ):mad:

kcsportscaster
07-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Does anyone else think we may have experienced a letting down of the guard after we swept the Twins going into a series with the Cubs instead of the other way around? Maybe the Sox have been a bit too cocky in playing these bums.

I have a story, and it is not a fun one. I went to the Taste today with a couple of arrogant cub fans who wouldn't leave me the hell alone. I may have mentioned before that I'm 16, and these guys were around my age, but they certainly didn't act it. They continually took my Sox hat off my head, starting when they found out that the Cubs were up 3-0 in the 2nd and played keep away with it, and then one actually went and bought a cubs hat for $27.50 in the tribune giftshop just to show me up for the hour and a half more we were to stay at the Taste. The train ride home brought news of the "end" of the game, and more **** from them. I just stared out the window pretending not to care until they realized I was ticked off beyond belief.
Typical Flubbie fan garbage!!!! I had to deal with something similar at work Friday night, WCOA Radio, Pensacola, Florida, when my Sox cap, a more recent New Era fitted model that is a few years old, but is still in good condition despite the sweatmarks inside the bill, came up missing after I had laid it down on the counter in the main studio. I left there after my shift completely pissed off ready to get the cops on the punk ass jock of one of our sister FM's, who left early by the way, because he was the only other person in the building. I then broke out my "backup" Sox cap, an adjustable older model with the current logo and color scheme and cleaned it out with the cap cleaner spray. I showed up Saturday night with no hope of finding my missing Sox cap when I discovered it hidden in a seat under the table in our conference room. NO, I didn't place it there!!!! I STILL want to let that punk who did that have it!!!! There is absolutely NO place for that junk to take place in the workplace!!!!

Later on,

Ken Coleman

Jurr
07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Okay..we lost. And, we're about to be tied going into the new week. Who cares. The deal is this.....the Sox seem to really play well when they get a good end of the game, even when they lose. This game was not over by a mile, and everybody in Chicago knows that. Now, maybe the Sox would've put on the brakes again in the last 3 innings and the Cubs would've won. That never got a chance to happen. So, the only thing on the Sox players heads is that they were putting it together. Now, it seems like this year the Sox have been great at carrying over that momentum into the next game. I remember vividly when the Rangers had a lead in the first game of their series with the Sox in May, and we didn't win but put a rally together. We didn't win, but we carried that momentum over and won the next 3 games. Randy Johnson is pitching for the D Backs tomorrow (pretty sure) and maybe we can combine a win with a Twinks loss tomorrow and be okay. The national league has a big advantage in these series (see Yankees and Mets series) and we are built for AL ball. It's okay. The boys will be fired up tomorrow night against Rusch, and hopefully we'll get a win and get that lead back up to 1. Remember, we have 78 games or so left, and we're getting Maggs back. Everything's gravy.

Jurr
07-03-2004, 11:47 PM
As far as experiencing a letdown goes, I think the fact is we played a really good ball team this weekend, and we're not exactly ripping the cover off the ball at the moment. Combine that with the fact that Zambrano's a bad ass pitcher, and we had to go with a rookie in that environment today. That would explain the losses. You've gotta be ready to play the Cubs, who are a good team, and we didn't get them at the right time. It's okay. Plenty of baseball left. By the way, if a Cubs fan does that **** to you, punch him in the mouth one good time. They fold easy.

Thunderstruck30
07-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Don't worry. The Sox are 13-4 in game when Buehrle starts. Thats the 3rd best winning percentage in the majors when a particular starter starts. As long as the Sox win tomorrow and split the season series 3-3, I'll be happy. Please God have the Sox win tomorrow!

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Just for the record: National League rules suck.
:troll
"There is nothing more exciting than watching the pitcher bunt. I also like the double-switch, especially when Dusty ****s it up. That's baseball!"

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Yeah...mindless DH baseball is certainly the way to go. The Cubs aren't that much better than the Sox with all the injuries, but the Sox certainly show that they will not be successful in the world series this year. Sorry, guys. Maybe next year for you!!:dtroll:

eurotrash35
07-04-2004, 12:00 PM

Good God man, you need some new friends! Try sticking both of them right in the mouth the next time they pull sh#$ like that and I guarantee it won't happen again. Gotta stick up for yourself bud.