PDA

View Full Version : Interleague advantage goes to the national league team

ChiSoxTony
07-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Please keep in mind that the national league teams have an inherent advantage in interleague play. Our pitchers are automatic outs. They are not even capable of bunting effectively. We don't have mags, frank and paulie cant play together plus the automatic out makes it difficult for us to win. So lets not panic if we lose to the Cubs. Remember, our goal is October not July!!!!

SomebodyToldMe
07-03-2004, 04:31 PM
i just want those cubs to burn.

burn like hades.

period.

Tom~Attitude
07-03-2004, 04:44 PM
It's the friggin' Cubbies...The SOX WIVES should be able to beat those losers!

BreakiNewz
07-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Please keep in mind that the national league teams have an inherent advantage in interleague play. Our pitchers are automatic outs. They are not even capable of bunting effectively. We don't have mags, frank and paulie cant play together plus the automatic out makes it difficult for us to win (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,27887370,whitesoxinteractive .com,0). So lets not panic if we lose to the Cubs. Remember, our goal is October not July!!!!
In AL parks, the DH gives them an advantage. In the NL parks, teams built for the DH suffer in the lineup but their pitching also only faces 8 true hitters. If you also look at the matchups, the AL has just been slaughtering the NL overall.

Both teams have significant injuries. Both teams can't play everyone on their roster. Both teams should be shooting for October and not July..

I think the Cardinals are way more important than the White Sox, but as far as fandom goes it's always nice to have bragging rights.

Hopefully, tomorrow night the Cubs can get it done. Nickel beer at McNally's for a Cubs sweep. Can't go wrong.

RedPinStripes
07-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Please keep in mind that the national league teams have an inherent advantage in interleague play. Our pitchers are automatic outs. They are not even capable of bunting effectively. We don't have mags, frank and paulie cant play together plus the automatic out makes it difficult for us to win. So lets not panic if we lose to the Cubs. Remember, our goal is October not July!!!!
And this is why i HATE interleage play. The Sox have a huge disadvantage this year with Maggs out. Having to sit Thomas or Konkero and having your best hitter out hurts. Interleague play is bull****.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 05:32 PM
And this is why i HATE interleage play. The Sox have a huge disadvantage this year with Maggs out. Having to sit Thomas or Konkero and having your best hitter out hurts. Interleague play is bull****.
:hurt

(singing) "You can't always get what you want..."

WinningUgly!
07-03-2004, 05:36 PM
In AL parks, the DH gives them an advantage. In the NL parks, teams built for the DH suffer in the lineup but their pitching also only faces 8 true hitters. If you also look at the matchups, the AL has just been slaughtering the NL overall.

Both teams have significant injuries. Both teams can't play everyone on their roster. Both teams should be shooting for October and not July..

I think the Cardinals are way more important than the White Sox, but as far as fandom goes it's always nice to have bragging rights.

Hopefully, tomorrow night the Cubs can get it done. Nickel beer at McNally's for a Cubs sweep. Can't go wrong.
In the AL Parks, both teams are even. The NL teams have a huge advantage in their parks.

Soxfest
07-03-2004, 06:27 PM
In AL parks, the DH gives them an advantage.

I do not agree with you on this point , NL teams get to have there best bench player bat 4 times and the NL truly is NEVER at a disadvantage in interleague play.

OEO Magglio
07-03-2004, 08:09 PM

I think the Cardinals (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=502,28012355,whitesoxinteractiv e.com,1) are way more important than the White Sox, but as far as fandom goes it's always nice to have bragging rights.

Hopefully, tomorrow night the Cubs can get it done. Nickel beer at McNally's for a Cubs sweep. Can't go wrong.I hope your joking. There is no way the dh gives nl teams a disadvantage... are you nuts? They just add another player, the flubs had hollandsworth as their extra guy against the sox, o yeah that's such a disadvantage:rolleyes: .

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
In AL parks, the DH gives them an advantage. In the NL parks, teams built for the DH suffer in the lineup but their pitching also only faces 8 true hitters. If you also look at the matchups, the AL has just been slaughtering the NL overall.:kukoo:

Look Breaki, finding intelligent Cubs fans is as rare as finding hen's teeth. WSI is fortunate because we have one who posts here regularly. While we Sox Fans all appreciate the public service you provide by illustrating the low-level of intelligence of the average Cubs fan, posts like this one really don't meet the minimum I.Q. standards of this board.

Farewell.

Voice of Reason
07-03-2004, 09:08 PM
In AL parks AL teams have the advantage because most of them are built to have a big hitter available as the DH. An NL team is almost never going to have a guy like Frank Thomas as the DH. In NL parks the NL team has the advantage because the DH is either squeezed out of the lineup or forced to play the field. In theory it should balance out, in actuality interleague play should be eliminated.

WinningUgly!
07-03-2004, 10:32 PM
In AL parks AL teams have the advantage because most of them are built to have a big hitter available as the DH. An NL team is almost never going to have a guy like Frank Thomas as the DH. In NL parks the NL team has the advantage because the DH is either squeezed out of the lineup or forced to play the field. In theory it should balance out, in actuality interleague play should be eliminated.
So letting Sosa DH, while Hollandsworth played RF put them at a disadvantage? That's a pretty good defensive upgrade in the outfield & a lefty bat in the middle of their lineup.

NL teams have a huge overall advantage during interleague play.

OEO Magglio
07-03-2004, 10:36 PM
So letting Sosa DH, while Hollandsworth played RF put them at a disadvantage? That's a pretty good defensive upgrade in the outfield & a lefty bat in the middle of their lineup.

NL teams have a huge overall advantage during interleague play.Yeah, no kidding. You don't think the cubs would love to be able to play walker or hollandsworth all the time while still using corky and grudz, there is no way the dh is a disadvantage to the nl teams, that makes no sense.

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 02:31 AM
:troll
My team has suffered more injuries but I'm doing my part to make them feel better. For example, I visit Mark Prior's house dressed as the head nurse every day!

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 02:37 AM
:troll
I hate Ozzie because he laughed when my team choked.

OEO Magglio
07-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Please keep in mind that Ozzie Gullen was coaching in the National League last year, and should know how to handle national league rules. If you can't handle it now, you'll die in October.It's nice of you to already put the sox in the world series.:dtroll:

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 02:45 AM
They have a great team...there's no doubt about that. And the Yanks aren't going to the Series. Why not the Sox? Why not the Cubs in the National?