PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCarver's Brilliance

JRIG
07-03-2004, 02:13 PM
During today's rain dealay:

"That something you don't see very often -- Derek Jeter taking a called third strike or swinging through a third strike."

Jeter averages more than 100 strikeouts a season.

I rest my case.

Blob
07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Didn't they say since people in Chicago were listening due to rain, they had to be on their "A" game???

Maybe they're just an "A-"

Jjav829
07-03-2004, 03:01 PM
McCarver is brutal. I wonder if Joe Buck just feels like slamming his head into the microphone sometimes.

"You know Joe, when you get the 3rd out in an inning, the batting team must switch and become the fielding team."

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 03:20 PM
McCarver is brutal. I wonder if Joe Buck just feels like slamming his head into the microphone sometimes.

"You know Joe, when you get the 3rd out in an inning, the batting team must switch and become the fielding team."
McCarver is one of the worst color commentators I've ever seen. Very little of what he says has any meaning. The rest is usually crap similar to the example you've listed. I really don't understand why networks like Fox and ESPN are so hung up on the idea that former players make good announcers. Nobody likes to listen to guys like McCarver or Joe Morgan babble on about nothing for three hours. It's depressing.

Viva Magglio
07-03-2004, 04:03 PM

Would Joe Buck want to slam McCarver's head into the microphone or his own?

Jjav829
07-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Would Joe Buck want to slam McCarver's head into the microphone or his own?
Either. I couldn't blame him for doing either.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Either. I couldn't blame him for doing either.
McCarver was awful today. I watched a lot of the Mets-Yankees game, and all I heard was him constantly second-guessing mangerial moves or something a player had done.

Earth to Tim: you don't play the game anymore. Stop trying to critique every little thing that happens during the course of a game.

bmac5001
07-03-2004, 08:51 PM

haha, couldn't have said it better.