PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else thinks Diaz is going to get bombed

SoxxoS
07-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I was not impressed with Diaz's last start at all, as I think he was very lucky. That was at the Cell, under much different conditions. I just think Rauch should have got the start.

jeremyb1
07-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I was not impressed with Diaz's last start at all, as I think he was very lucky. That was at the Cell, under much different conditions. I just think Rauch should have got the start.

Two batters into the game you're looking pretty smart.

SoxxoS
07-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I don't want to be right either, jeremy.

Every pitch doesn't move, it's the same movement everytime. That is OK if you throw 99. Diaz doesn't break 92.

Rauch's last start was MUCH more impressive, IMO.

jeremyb1
07-03-2004, 01:42 PM
I don't want to be right either, jeremy.

Every pitch doesn't move, it's the same movement everytime. That is OK if you throw 99. Diaz doesn't break 92.

Rauch's last start was MUCH more impressive, IMO.

Well at this rate we'll probably see Rauch soon.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Rauch should have started today. It wasn't a good idea to give Diaz, who has almost no big league experience, the start at the Urinal. That's too much pressure for a young kid.

lowesox
07-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Rauch should have started today. It wasn't a good idea to give Diaz, who has almost no big league experience, the start at the Urinal. That's too much pressure for a young kid.
The cub radio announcers were talking about Diaz before the game. In a round about way, they said his stuff wasn't very good and that the only reason why he beat them last week was because they hadn't seen him before.

SoxxoS
07-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Especially when Rauch is the better pitcher. The Sox have some sort of vendetta against Rauch, which after his antics, is understandable (now).

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Especially when Rauch is the better pitcher. The Sox have some sort of vendetta against Rauch, which after his antics, is understandable (now).
Rauch dug his own hole with managment. What he did was stupid and classless, and he's lucky the Sox didn't trade him. Having said that, since he is still with the team, they might as well use him. He can't be any worse than Diaz has been already.

soxwon
07-03-2004, 02:09 PM
he is getting bombed, maybe the game will get rained out?

SoxxoS
07-03-2004, 02:10 PM
he is getting bombed, maybe the game will get rained out?
Definitely won't happen with rain the the forecast tomorrow, and about 10 hours left to play.

Imagine a doubleheader at the Urinal tomorrow? Everybody what they normally drink x 2. :o:

jeremyb1
07-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Rauch vs. Diaz at Charlotte:

Rauch - 70.1 IP, 23 BB, 60 K, 7 HR, 2.30 ERA
Diaz - 77 IP, 15 BB, 61 K, 10 HR, 3.51 ERA

If you look at the numbers neither guy really pitched better than the other at AAA, aside from Diaz being a little more generous with the long ball which has certainly come back to haunt him in the majors. The biggest difference in my opinion is that Rauch has more major league experience, he's older (hence he has less time to establish himself), and he finished well in AAA whereas Diaz started off well so Rauch has the hot hand so to speak.

SoxBoy14
07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I expect Diaz to give up alot of runs, that's why our offense really needs to do better today than yesterdays suckfest.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Diaz didn't pitch that badly after he got out of the first inning, but with the way the offense has been, three or four runs is way too many to give up. Did I mention that National League rules blow?

Blob
07-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Diaz didn't pitch that badly after he got out of the first inning, but with the way the offense has been, three or four runs is way too many to give up. Did I mention that National League rules blow?He settled in quite nicely after the first but, the offense is lack luster again today. Gotta get something going!

Yes, NL rules BLOW HARD!!!! Not fair for the AL teams AT ALL!!!

I can't wait for this series to be over my stomach can't take anymore and these rain delays are just prolonging the agony....

jeremyb1
07-04-2004, 02:03 AM
I wonder what (if anything) allowed Diaz to settle down after the rain delay. Was it merely the time to relax, collect himself, and start over? I certainly hope it wasn't a mechanical suggestion made by Coop or Sandy. When a guy is having as much trouble with his location as Diaz was early on in the game I don't have any problem with a mound visit in the first inning or even after the first batter for that matter.