PDA

View Full Version : Line-ups in

hawkjt
07-03-2004, 09:28 AM
The cubs are playing Ordonez at short,Martinez at short,walker at second, and bako catching. I like that line-up better than yesterdays.

The sox are going with Willie at second to lead off, Iike it cuz Juan is slumping.
Rowand batting second ,playing center. He has been hot and better def than Timo.
Timo in right batting sixth, I like his def in right and he is hitting like .440 against Maddux.
Sandy behind the plate ,sheparding Diaz thru his 4th start in big leagues.

I like both line-ups for the sox -now go out and win.

Frank is sitting but I think you have to go with Paulie who hit maddux last weekend and def is big in low scoring games. Rain and weather will play a big role. Get the early lead and have rauch prepared to go if rain delays occur. Go Sox.

jackbrohamer
07-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Martinez at third right, Ordonez at SS? Sox catch a break there. Let's hope they beat Maddux like a lame mule as they did last week.

compy75
07-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Wait let me get this right...Frank has to sit 3 straight games!? Won't it make him cold and put him deep into a funk?

This was the same logic used when Frank was tearing the cover off the ball and many tried to justify Konerko's at bats. Of course as we know Frank completely fell off any rampage he was on, and now all of sudden he seems like he will be buried on the bench the whole series as Buehrle throws tomorrow and we all know "Ozzie doesn't want Frank over there with a lefty." #2 in the AL in OPS and the guy can't buy a start....

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Wait let me get this right...Frank has to sit 3 straight games!? Won't it make him cold and put him deep into a funk?

This was the same logic used when Frank was tearing the cover off the ball and many tried to justify Konerko's at bats. Of course as we know Frank completely fell off any rampage he was on, and now all of sudden he seems like he will be buried on the bench the whole series as Buehrle throws tomorrow and we all know "Ozzie doesn't want Frank over there with a lefty." #2 in the AL in OPS and the guy can't buy a start....
You're talking way too much sense here, compy. Be prepared to be viciously attacked.

:redface:

gosox41
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM

Don't get me started on this one. Frank should be playing. Period.

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
07-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Don't get me started on this one. Frank should be playing. Period.
This is like the ghost of Jerry Manuel haunting the 2004 Sox. The dope never liked Frank from the very first year he managed the Sox. Who else remembers Manuel using Greg Norton and Wil Cordero at first base for the Sox in '98? Before the '99 season the Sox trade for Konerko (a Manuel favorite) and ever since then it has been a constant battle for either of them to get at-bats whenever we play interleague games.

The longer Manuel is gone, the more I realize what a complete idiot he truly was as a manager. How the hell did we ever win the division in 2000? It must have been a miracle.

Now if only this guy would wise up a bit ----> :ozzie:

rwcescato
07-03-2004, 10:43 AM
This is like the ghost of Jerry Manuel haunting the 2004 Sox. The dope never liked Frank from the very first year he managed the Sox. Who else remembers Manuel using Greg Norton and Wil Cordero at first base for the Sox in '98? Before the '99 season the Sox trade for Konerko (a Manuel favorite) and ever since then it has been a constant battle for either of them to get at-bats whenever we play interleague games.

The longer Manuel is gone, the more I realize what a complete idiot he truly was as a manager. How the hell did we ever win the division in 2000? It must have been a miracle.

Now if only this guy would wise up a bit ----> :ozzie:

I heard that Thomas was starting on Sunday. I am suprised he is not starting today. I don't like that move.

Blueprint1
07-03-2004, 10:46 AM
This is what sucks about NL parks we need paul and frank in the lineup.

Brian26
07-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Who else remembers Manuel using Greg Norton and Wil Cordero at first base for the Sox in '98? Before the '99 season the Sox trade for Konerko (a Manuel favorite) and ever since then it has been a constant battle for either of them to get at-bats whenever we play interleague games.
There was even a bizarre period when Konerko was playing third for us and Manual chose to use Norton at first, while keeping Frank at DH.

jackbrohamer
07-03-2004, 11:06 AM
The longer Manuel is gone, the more I realize what a complete idiot he truly was as a manager. How the hell did we ever win the division in 2000? It must have been a miracle.:
Don't forget vindictive and petty. His reputation in the media as a Gandhi aspirant helped him hide the fact that he would screw his own players over in a heartbeat.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 11:27 AM
This is a load of crap. Frank needs to be in the lineup at least once during this series. I cannot, for life life of me, understand Manuel or Guillen's thinking behind this mess at first base.

Everyone says that Frank is a terrible first baseman. He's not. I have seen Frank Thomas play a lot of games at first during his career, going back to the early nineties, when I first started watching baseball full time. I have seen Frank made some outstanding plays in the field. He moves better around the bag than Konerko does, and he provides a big target for Jose Valentin to throw at. The only thing Frank cannot do is throw. But of course, the 3-6-3 double play is the most important defensive sequence in baseball history, so that means Thomas must settle for pinch-hitting.

My God! I've never seen an organization that has its priorities so screwed up. No wonder they haven't won a World Series since 1917.

mmmmmbeeer
07-03-2004, 11:33 AM
This is a load of crap. Frank needs to be in the lineup at least once during this series. I cannot, for life life of me, understand Manuel or Guillen's thinking behind this mess at first base.

Everyone says that Frank is a terrible first baseman. He's not. I have seen Frank Thomas play a lot of games at first during his career, going back to the early nineties, when I first started watching baseball full time. I have seen Frank made some outstanding plays in the field. He moves better around the bag than Konerko does, and he provides a big target for Jose Valentin to throw at. The only thing Frank cannot do is throw. But of course, the 3-6-3 double play is the most important defensive sequence in baseball history, so that means Thomas must settle for pinch-hitting.

My God! I've never seen an organization that has its priorities so screwed up. No wonder they haven't won a World Series since 1917.

Frank has been in a funk for 2-3 weeks. Paulie has been tearing the cover off the ball for the last 2 weeks straight, including a 9 RBI series against the sCrUBS. Why the hell would you not want Paulie's bat in the lineup? It's not a conspiracy, it's smart management.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Frank has been in a funk for 2-3 weeks. Paulie has been tearing the cover off the ball for the last 2 weeks straight, including a 9 RBI series against the sCrUBS. Why the hell would you not want Paulie's bat in the lineup? It's not a conspiracy, it's smart management.
Frank's timing will not get any better if he's out of the lineup, so he needs to play. The same excuse was used by Guillen himself to justifty giving Konerko playing time before he started hitting well. This looks like a double-standard, and that's what bothers me. If Frank gets hot, he's capable of winning games by himself. Konerko has never shown that kind of ability, and until he does, Thomas should out there. Period.

cheeses_h_rice
07-03-2004, 11:51 AM
At least Ross Gload and his little league defensive skills aren't starting in Right Field for us today.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 12:55 PM
At least Ross Gload and his little league defensive skills aren't starting in Right Field for us today.
You can say that again. He makes Dan Pasqua look like a HOF outfielder.

jackbrohamer
07-03-2004, 02:23 PM

I'd always put a slumping Thomas in the order over a hot Konerko. Thomas breaking out of a slump is more productive than a hot Konerko 7 days a week.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I'd always put a slumping Thomas in the order over a hot Konerko. Thomas breaking out of a slump is more productive than a hot Konerko 7 days a week.
Yes. Good... good...

compy75
07-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Anyone notice that Frank's slump started when he began platooning with Konerko after his 3 run homer vs the Fish......

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Anyone notice that Frank's slump started when he began platooning with Konerko after his 3 run homer vs the Fish......
I noticed that. He has been right since Ozzie started tinkering with the lineup. Why do I have the feeling I've said something like that before when discussing the White Sox?

JRIG
07-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Nonsense. It was only possible for Konerko to fall into a slump if he didn't get regular at bats. And he is far more important to this team. Without him, who will turn the 3-6-3 double play?

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Nonsense. It was only possible for Konerko to fall into a slump if he didn't get regular at bats. And he is far more important to this team. Without him, who will turn the 3-6-3 double play?
We think alike. I mean, the 3-6-3 double play is the most important play in baseball. If the Sox want to win the World Series, they need someone out there who can make that play in his sleep. They also need players who constantly run their mouths in front of the media, because this helps to give the Sox more air-time.