PDA

View Full Version : Why we have a good chance to win the next two...

Aidan
07-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Zambrano, Ramirez exit early
Pitcher OK; third baseman may miss a few games
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040702&content_id=786729&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

For the next two games, the Cubs lineup will most likely be...

2B Mark Grudzielanek / Todd Walker
CF Corey Patterson
RF Sammy Sosa
LF Moises Alou
1B Derek Lee
C Michael Barrett
3B Ramon Martinez
SS Rey Ordonez
Pitcher

That's a pretty weak 7, 8, and 9. Aramis Ramirez and Todd Hollandsworth will be unavailable leaving the Cubs with Jose Macias, Tom Goodwin, and Paul Bako on the bench.

DickAllen72
07-02-2004, 11:49 PM
I wonder if they'll try Grudzielanek at SS with Martinez moving to third.

Not that it matters--we'll beat them anyway! :bandance:

JB98
07-03-2004, 01:55 AM
I wonder if they'll try Grudzielanek at SS with Martinez moving to third.

Not that it matters--we'll beat them anyway! :bandance:
It's all up to Diaz. If he gives our offense a chance to win the game, I think we'll be just fine.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Hopefully Maddux uses Bako on Saturday. :D:

AnkleSox
07-03-2004, 04:10 AM
I just hope Diaz's performance last saturday wasnt a fluke.

Buehrle should be able to crush Rusch, but i think the momentum from a win on saturday would make it much easier for him.

Either way, I won't be watching the games because i'll be celebrating fourth of july in a cottage in indiana with no cable. I'll just check the scores on my phone at night and save myself several heart-attacks :angry:

And either in celebration of a win or in mourning of a loss, there will be plenty of :gulp:

BreakiNewz
07-03-2004, 04:16 AM
I just hope Diaz's performance last saturday wasnt a fluke.

Buehrle should be able to crush Rusch, but i think the momentum from a win on saturday would make it much easier for him.

Either way, I won't be watching the games because i'll be celebrating fourth of july in a cottage in indiana with no cable. I'll just check the scores on my phone at night and save myself several heart-attacks :angry:

And either in celebration of a win or in mourning of a loss, there will be plenty of :gulp:
I would think if Maddux gets the outside corner, he'll be alright Saturday but if he doesn't (as he didn't last Sunday) it will be a field day for the ChiSox. Then again, if Diaz reverts to his pre-Cubs series form we could be in for a slugfest.

Don't underestimate Glendon Rusch. Yes, he is Glendon Rusch and last year he did lose his first 12 starts I believe for Milwaukee, but this year he's not doing half bad. True, Buehrle is a much better pitcher and the Sox have a much better chance on Sunday night, but Rusch is capable of keeping it close.

Just don't be surprised.

alohafri
07-03-2004, 09:35 AM

Too bad they can't miss the rest of the season, the pukes!

Blob
07-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Gee, you can almost hear the excuses now!! :D:

jackbrohamer
07-03-2004, 10:42 AM
I've never heard of a pitcher getting a cramp in his foream during a game. Plus it looked like he kept pointing to his elbow when the trainer came out.

gosox41
07-03-2004, 11:11 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040702&content_id=786729&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

For the next two games, the Cubs lineup will most likely be...

2B Mark Grudzielanek / Todd Walker
CF Corey Patterson
RF Sammy Sosa
LF Moises Alou
1B Derek Lee
C Michael Barrett
3B Ramon Martinez
SS Rey Ordonez
Pitcher

That's a pretty weak 7, 8, and 9. Aramis Ramirez and Todd Hollandsworth will be unavailable leaving the Cubs with Jose Macias, Tom Goodwin, and Paul Bako on the bench.
I agree with you. I hope the Sox don't blow this opportunity but stranger things have happened.

Bob