PDA

View Full Version : The OZ smacks down some Cub fans

petekat
07-02-2004, 10:07 PM
From my vantage point, three rows behind the Sox on-deck circle at Friday afternoon's matinee at the shrine:

Ozzie put the smack down on some ass clown frat boy cub fans:dtroll: whose idea of clever banter was "hey jose you suck, Hey burke who are you, hey loaiza you suck".
First he pantomined a baby whining. :whiner:

Then several innings later, the OZ, ever the showman, waited until attention all around was focused on antics in front of the dugout, and then played things to maximum effect, first by putting on the Choke sign, and then showing off his Marlin World Series ring for all to see, to the delight of the Sox fans... :bandance: and even scores of Cub fans who had enough with these idiots.

Kudos to the Oz!

Cowch44
07-02-2004, 10:09 PM
It's nice to love your Manager...I never really liked Manuel.:) GO OZZIE:)

DickAllen72
07-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Ozzie-ball. It's an attitude! :gulp:

Palehose13
07-02-2004, 10:19 PM

Hawk? Is that you?

SaltyPretzel
07-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm heard that the ring he wears isn't even the real one because it is so huge, it is impractical to wear:

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040305&content_id=645632&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

1951Campbell
07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Ozzie, I love you. Please keep this **** up! :D:

TornLabrum
07-02-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm heard that the ring he wears isn't even the real one because it is so huge, it is impractical to wear:

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040305&content_id=645632&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
That is correct, and worth something like $40K.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-02-2004, 10:46 PM
It's nice to love your Manager...I never really liked Manuel.:) GO OZZIE:)
Amen

Viva Magglio
07-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Great job, Ozzie!

SomebodyToldMe
07-02-2004, 11:25 PM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/fg.jpg
ooooooh yeah.

StockdaleForVeep
07-03-2004, 03:49 AM
That is correct, and worth something like $40K.

Hopefully next years sox\cubs series, oz can show off his recreation of the whitesox world series ring

OfficerKarkovice
07-03-2004, 06:47 AM

I have actually tried on one of the Marlins actual World Series rings from last year and yes...it would be absolutely impossible to wear in any practical situation. On the other hand, it does look very impressive.

SaltyPretzel
07-03-2004, 08:34 AM
I have actually tried on one of the Marlins actual World Series rings from last year and yes...it would be absolutely impossible to wear in any practical situation. On the other hand, it does look very impressive.
Who's did you try on?

Blob
07-03-2004, 08:35 AM
I LUUUUUV OZZIE!! Manuel would have been on the bench, asleep, with sunflower seeds in his mouth....

voodoochile
07-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Hopefully next years sox\cubs series, oz can show off his recreation of the whitesox world series ring
That would be sweet, but knowing JR, they wouldn't have to have a smaller less expensive copy made...:o:

hose
07-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Biggest zirconium rock on the market:D:

hawkjt
07-03-2004, 09:16 AM
As I recall it Dusty got on Jerry last year for being too demonstrative. Cut him a break - I just hope Ozzie can have us 2 games up in mid -september like we were last year. And then finish the job. And also beat the cubs like Jerry did consistently. And is manager of the year like jerry was. I like ozzie but jerry was alright too.

hawkjt
07-03-2004, 09:21 AM
The one thing I am concerned about with Ozzie is his ripping Maggs and Schoeny in the papers. He has a tendency to go stream of consciousness too often to a press eager for controversy. Why goad Maggs and Schoeny publically? He did it to frank in his first press conference and they seem to get along so maybe they are all on the same page in private. He needs to temper his comments -it is a long season.

WhiteSox = Life
07-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Right or left?

:D:

SaltyPretzel
07-03-2004, 05:05 PM
As I recall it Dusty got on Jerry last year for being too demonstrative. Cut him a break - I just hope Ozzie can have us 2 games up in mid -september like we were last year. And then finish the job. And also beat the cubs like Jerry did consistently. And is manager of the year like jerry was. I like ozzie but jerry was alright too.
I talked to Greg Walker at the hotel bar in Seattle and I told him the one thing I liked about Manuel was that he always got the Sox up for the Cubs series. He shook his head no, and said that it was the players that got themselves up and it had nothing to do with Jerry.

RKMeibalane
07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
I talked to Greg Walker at the hotel bar in Seattle and I told him the one thing I liked about Manuel was that he always got the Sox up for the Cubs series. He shook his head no, and said that it was the players that got themselves up and it had nothing to do with Jerry.
That's not surprising. Manuel was usually asleep.

:jerry

"Zzzz..."

nitetrain8601
07-03-2004, 05:24 PM
That would be sweet, but knowing JR, they wouldn't have to have a smaller less expensive copy made...:o:
I don't think so. JR even said it himself if he could trade in his Bulls Championships for a WS championship he would in a heartbeat. I think he would get an even bigger rock. The guy wants a WS contrary to what some believe.

kevingrt
07-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Ozzie-ball. We never quit

nitetrain8601
07-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Ozzie ball - It's not only a style of play, but a way of life!

SaltyPretzel
07-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Just win tomorrow damn it.

Mohoney
07-03-2004, 07:16 PM

Unfair, voodoo. Have you seen the Bulls' rings?

They're all unbelievable. The '96 ring has 72 diamonds, one for each regular season win. If the Sox won a World Series, I'd bet that the rings would be visible from space.

Jerry would bling-bling it to no end if we won a World Series.

WSox8404
07-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Unfair, voodoo. Have you seen the Bulls' rings?

They're all unbelievable. The '96 ring has 72 diamonds, one for each regular season win. If the Sox won a World Series, I'd bet that the rings would be visible from space.

Jerry would bling-bling it to no end if we won a World Series.
I agree. I know damn well that JR wants a ring really bad. And its not all his fault he has to be cheap either. He is only one of about 50 owners. They have the real say on payroll. But anyway, here is to hoping we get that ring this year.:gulp:

Kuzman
07-04-2004, 02:01 PM
That would be sweet, but knowing JR, they wouldn't have to have a smaller less expensive copy made...:o: ya JR is gonna be eating alot of cracker jacks when we win the world series

voodoochile
07-04-2004, 02:13 PM
ya JR is gonna be eating alot of cracker jacks when we win the world series
Only because he's too cheap to throw it away. :o:

Okay, to all the people freaking out about my sarcastic comment...

1) Let me know when it actually happens and then we can have this discussion.

2) IT WAS A JOKE! (Some people have NO sense of humor...)

Hard to believe some people still believe that trade all 6 rings for a single Sox WS ring line. Heck, he wouldn't even trade a decent but unspectacular pile of money for a shot at a 7th ring... :?:

Mohoney
07-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Hard to believe some people still believe that trade all 6 rings for a single Sox WS ring line. Heck, he wouldn't even trade a decent but unspectacular pile of money for a shot at a 7th ring... :?:

Good point.

TornLabrum
07-04-2004, 03:52 PM
ya JR is gonna be eating alot of cracker jacks when we win the world series<--Medium turquoise

Teal.<--Found directly below medium turquoise, easier to read.