PDA

View Full Version : A Question Worth Pondering

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Where do you suppose the barrell of Sammy Sosa's corked bat is located today? I'm asking the question because of a post I read earlier today. I was searching the WSI Archives, and I came across a thread started by our fearless leader, PaleHoseGoerge. In one of the posts, PHG makes the statement, "I want to know where that corked bat is!"

And so I ask, where is it?

For reference, here is the thread:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20674

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Probably in Bud Selig's office.

gosox41
07-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Where do you suppose the barrell of Sammy Sosa's corked bat is located today? I'm asking the question because of a post I read earlier today. I was searching the WSI Archives, and I came across a thread started by our fearless leader, PaleHoseGoerge. In one of the posts, PHG makes the statement, "I want to know where that corked bat is!"

On the same note of corked bats aned the fact that Sosa supposedly went straight for his bat after he hit that walk off HR against Houston, why don't other teams check his bat more often. He's been caught once. You don't think he's cheated before or will try again? He's not a smart man. At least checking his bat will get into his head a little bit.

Bob

jackbrohamer
07-03-2004, 10:50 AM
On the same note of corked bats aned the fact that Sosa supposedly went straight for his bat after he hit that walk off HR against Houston, why don't other teams check his bat more often. He's been caught once. You don't think he's cheated before or will try again? He's not a smart man. At least checking his bat will get into his head a little bit.
Bob
I didn't hear that about the Houston game, was that in any of the papers? I think it'd be a great idea to check his bat for cork like teams used to do with Albert Belle. He deserves it.

Viva Magglio
07-03-2004, 03:17 PM
I didn't hear that about the Houston game, was that in any of the papers? I think it'd be a great idea to check his bat for cork like teams used to do with Albert Belle. He deserves it.
The media would probably cover it up because they are in bed with the Cubs.

gosox41
07-03-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm ceratinly not cliaming I saw the game because I don't watch crap teams play unless they're playing the Sox. But I heard it somewhere (can't remember where.) I have no idea if it's true.

Bob

nitetrain8601
07-03-2004, 05:28 PM
If I were managers I would check it especially to get in his head. Imagine Shammy on an away game and the manager has the bat checked. He probably would get caught and at least start crying. I would laugh my ass off. At every Sox vs. Cubs game I always chant "check the bat" when Shammy comes up. Some of you guys should too. That would be great.

gosox41
07-03-2004, 05:31 PM
If I were managers I would check it especially to get in his head. Imagine Shammy on an away game and the manager has the bat checked. He probably would get caught and at least start crying. I would laugh my ass off. At every Sox vs. Cubs game I always chant "check the bat" when Shammy comes up. Some of you guys should too. That would be great.
But what gets me is that no one does. His bat has not been checked once since the corked bat incident. Can anyone give a good logical explanation to that. I mean one that's different then the one I believe: That MLB is doing everything it can to protect it's most popular asset and has mandated that no one check Sosa's bat.

Bob

Cowch44
07-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Rain fell again at the start of the Cubs' fifth but didn't affect Sosa's swing. With one out and a steady downpour, Sosa connected on his 14th home run off a 3-0 pitch from Jon Adkins.-Carrie Muskat

This chick should of put "Rain fell again at the start of the Cubs' fifth but didn't affect Sosa's bat."

:corker

OEO Magglio
07-03-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm ceratinly not cliaming I saw the game because I don't watch crap teams play unless they're playing the Sox. But I heard it somewhere (can't remember where.) I have no idea if it's true.

BobI heard the same thing, I was listening to espn 1000 and there was a caller who said that sammy went straight for his bat after his walkoff but I also did not see the ending so I'm not sure if that's true.

dickallen15
07-03-2004, 08:25 PM

In the Cubs bat rack.

Tragg
07-03-2004, 11:13 PM
It's amazing that the media vindicated Sosa after that search, when the search really proved that he had intentionally cheated.

Had he had a roomfull of corked BP bats, it would have been reasonable to believe that he grabbed the wrong one.

Yet with only 1 corked bat, the odds are extremely remote that his grabbing that bat was anything but intentional.

Of course the truth probably is that he did have a bunch of corked bats and that he intentionally used corked bat. But MLB wanted it ended and then put forth a dog and pony show, spun it beyond belief and all the talking heads willingly obliged.

NorthSideDroolz
07-04-2004, 02:29 AM
Rain fell again at the start of the Cubs' fifth but didn't affect Sosa's swing. With one out and a steady downpour, Sosa connected on his 14th home run off a 3-0 pitch from Jon Adkins.-Carrie Muskat

This chick should of put "Rain fell again at the start of the Cubs' fifth but didn't affect Sosa's bat."

:corker
:troll
"I can tell you wear Sammy's corked bat is, but you won't be able to see it unless I have surgery to remove it."

Vsahajpal
07-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Yo my man...not the way to ingratiate yourself amongst the WSI faithful.

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Yo my man...not the way to ingratiate yourself amongst the WSI faithful.

NorthSideFools was not here to ingratiate, but to irritate. Sorry to go all Jessie on you.

Vic (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=436068&postcount=6) I've argued with you on these boards, but you're always welcome here and I enjoy hearing from you.

Vsahajpal
07-04-2004, 06:12 AM
'preciate it.

Even if I weren't welcome I'd be lurking. Where else could I debate the shoddy architecture of the ASU campus (with Soxxos), post pictures of Claire Henry and not get "uh, ***," and on top of that discuss beisbol?