PDA

View Full Version : How long before Carlos Zambrano goes Dravecky???

Flight #24
07-02-2004, 06:12 PM
127 pitches on Saturday, 123 today, including having cramps after throwing 110....and being sent back out!!!

I'm sure Dusty's quotes in the Trib are comforting to Chub fans "I can see Carlos throwing 150 in a game....he's that kind of player". Yeah, and I can see his arm exploding and showring the batter with gristle too.

What's a shame is that we couldn't score off in 2.2 innings of Francis Beltran and LaTroy "You talkin' to me?" Hawkins.

Rowand in CF, Timo in RF tomorrow, maybe get Willie a shot @ 2B. Score some runs and get Diaz to 2-1!!

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 06:16 PM
It can't happen soon enough, I'll tell you that much.

TornLabrum
07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Um...Dravecky had cancer.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 08:21 PM
This thread is complete inappropriate and classless. Dave Dreveck broke his arm because of a tumor that had developed there. Seeing as how Carlos Zambrano does not have cancer (that we know of), there is nothing similar about the two injuries.

SomebodyToldMe
07-02-2004, 10:15 PM
i'd just be happy with a line drive off the guys chest...i can't stand him...at all.

Flight #24
07-02-2004, 10:31 PM
You know what? I completely forgot that Dravecky had cancer, I just remembered his broken arm midgame. But now that you mention it, I vaguely remember something about them freezing part of the arm and eventually him losing it.

Obviously that's quite different from a plain broken arm. If one of the mods wants to delete this thread, I agree with RKMeibalane - it's unnecessary.

EDIT: S'ok, I fixed it.

beckett21
07-02-2004, 10:33 PM
While I do not think that there was any malicious intent here, that was an unfortunate comparison to draw. What Dravecky suffered was a pathologic fracture secondary to a malignant bone tumor. Very unfortunate and tragic.

What Zambrano is afflicted with is better known as *Baker's elbow,* or *Dusty-itis,* which those of us in the medical field recognize as gross negligence and overuse of a pitcher who had no business being on the mound in the 7th inning today, or to finish the 6th inning for that matter. This is a result of sheer stupidity. There is no known cure at the present time.

Palehose13
07-02-2004, 10:58 PM
What Zambrano is afflicted with is better known as *Baker's elbow,* or *Dusty-itis,* which those of us in the medical field recognize as gross negligence and overuse of a pitcher who had no business being on the mound in the 7th inning today, or to finish the 6th inning for that matter. This is a result of sheer stupidity. There is no known cure at the present time.

Classic. :cheers:

beckett21
07-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Classic. :cheers:
Thank you. I'll be here all week. :bandance:

:)

TornLabrum
07-02-2004, 11:27 PM
You know what? I completely forgot that Dravecky had cancer, I just remembered his broken arm midgame. But now that you mention it, I vaguely remember something about them freezing part of the arm and eventually him losing it.

Obviously that's quite different from a plain broken arm. If one of the mods wants to delete this thread, I agree with RKMeibalane - it's unnecessary.

EDIT: S'ok, I fixed it.
Just a quick note on Dravecky: the amputation went as far as the shoulder blade. He now is a religious and motivational speaker. He has a web site, but I don't have the URL handy, and I'm too lazy to google it.

SOXSINCE'70
07-02-2004, 11:35 PM
127 pitches on Saturday, 123 today, including having cramps after throwing 110....and being sent back out!!!

I'm sure Dusty's quotes in the Trib are comforting to Chub fans "I can see Carlos throwing 150 in a game....he's that kind of player". Yeah, and I can see his arm exploding and showring the batter with gristle too.

What's a shame is that we couldn't score off in 2.2 innings of Francis Beltran and LaTroy "You talkin' to me?" Hawkins.

Rowand in CF, Timo in RF tomorrow, maybe get Willie a shot @ 2B. Score some runs and get Diaz to 2-1!!
I can only hope Dan Bernstein was wrong about fearing a "Felix Diaz beatdown" tomorrow.Let's see how wide Moses (I mean Maddux's) strike zone is.If he's getting the kind of calls he got in Atlanta,it's gonna be a looooong day.:?: :?: