PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-2 Sox at Flubs Post-Game Thread

kittle545feet
07-02-2004, 05:05 PM
i haven't seen too many things on the threads about gload, but i think its time to start voicing opinion on this guy. personally, i think he's a bum. he shows me nothing. calling him a butcher in the field is being kind. one could argue that we didn't sweep the cubs in the first series because of his play in the first game. now, today he drops another ball allowing another run to score and extending the inning. i don't care for his bat at all either. yeah i know he drove in 2 runs and had the call reversed on the granny but so what. your supposed to hit the ball hard when the counts in your favor with a pitcher who has been struggling to find the plate and has to throw heaters down the middle. if we are serious about trying to win this year, then we need maggs back healthy and under a new contract. sign him and get it over with kenny.:(:

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 05:06 PM
He's a great backup DH. "The Little Hurt"

ndgt10
07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Whose seen enough bitching about Gload?

JRIG
07-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Things have to get better tomorrow, right?

JRIG
07-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Whose seen enough bitching about Gload?
Who knows how to spell "Who's" correctly?

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Things have to get better tomorrow, right?

Which Felix Diaz will show up?

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/millennium/sportscentury/images/young.jpg or http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6537583.jpg ?

kittle545feet
07-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Whose seen enough bitching about Gload?hey, its my opinion jag bag. there is no rule on here that u have to respond to or like what anyone else says. why don't you amaze us all with your insights!:whatever:

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 05:15 PM
So, how's that "right forearm injury" on Zambrano? If its any serious, it might be the silver lining on today's horrible game.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Was it just me, or did Chimp say "He Gawn" at the end of the game. I mean that is just plain ignorant. Hawk and DJ didn't make fun of him, so why does he have to do that to us? Stupid prick.

Flight #24
07-02-2004, 05:16 PM
We need to put some runs up tomorrow. Hopefully ala last weekend, the D stiffens up. In NL parks especially, we can't afford to be gifting runs.

Anyone know the prognosis on Zambrano? Anytime a guy throws the high pitch counts he does and goes out with arm discomfort.....can't be good. Paging Drs. Jobe and Andrews!!

whitesoxwilkes
07-02-2004, 05:18 PM
hey, its my opinion jag bag. there is no rule on here that u have to respond to or like what anyone else says. why don't you amaze us all with your insights!:whatever:
And there's no rule that says you need to call people a "jag bag."

Kittle, you've been warned before. Watch it.

misty60481
07-02-2004, 05:20 PM
I think more than Gload had bad defensive days, Perez didnt look good on the ball in the vines, Carlos throw home on that fly was terrible, Paulie didnt catch that pop-up, Uribe didnt cover 1st on the bunt, the whole team looked bad

ndgt10
07-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Who knows how to spell "Who's" correctly?
Congratulations on your promotion to "Chief online grammar checker."

Cellview22
07-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Not enough Sox fans at the game..to me, it looked like 500 Sox fans, 40,000 Cub fans.

And man, what's more annoying? Listening to Chip and Stone ("He Gone!" :angry: ), or seeing all those Cub fans on camera? Can't wait till this series is over.

ndgt10
07-02-2004, 05:22 PM
hey, its my opinion jag bag. there is no rule on here that u have to respond to or like what anyone else says. why don't you amaze us all with your insights!:whatever:Hey, it's my opinion. "There is no rule on here that u have to respond to or like what anyone else says. Why don't you amaze us all with your insights! :whatever: "

PINWHEELS
07-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Was it just me, or did Chimp say "He Gawn" at the end of the game. I mean that is just plain ignorant. Hawk and DJ didn't make fun of him, so why does he have to do that to us? Stupid prick.He Did say He Gone at the end of the game. It definitely was a shot at hawk.

ndgt10
07-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh, and if in case you didn't notice JRIG, I was going off of the OP's "Whose".

South Side
07-02-2004, 05:30 PM
i haven't seen too many things on the threads about gload, but i think its time to start voicing opinion on this guy. personally, i think he's a bum. he shows me nothing. calling him a butcher in the field is being kind. one could argue that we didn't sweep the cubs in the first series because of his play in the first game. now, today he drops another ball allowing another run to score and extending the inning. i don't care for his bat at all either. yeah i know he drove in 2 runs and had the call reversed on the granny but so what. your supposed to hit the ball hard when the counts in your favor with a pitcher who has been struggling to find the plate and has to throw heaters down the middle. if we are serious about trying to win this year, then we need maggs back healthy and under a new contract. sign him and get it over with kenny.:(:
Amen... He's a backup first baseman, let's keep it that way Ozzie. Although, while playing first base it would be good to know how to catch a pop up!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-02-2004, 05:31 PM
The entire complexion of the game was changed after Scammy made the umpire take away Gload's grand slam. Spotting Loaiza a four-run lead would have made a huge difference. The Sox never recovered.

Since when would *anybody* believe the word of wife-beating, steroid-popping, corked-bat swinging cheater and criminal like Scammin' Sammy Soso?

:nandrolone
"The umpire's decision only counts if I agree with it."

:tool
"The umpires have been instructed to call them as they see them, unless Sammy the Holy Innocent says otherwise."

South Side
07-02-2004, 05:32 PM
The Sox lose pitifully and play pitifully and the insults fly on here. Let's remember that we lost last Friday as well. Our boys know how to take care of bussiness against the Scrubs when it matters. The offense has gotten a nice 2 day breather... Should be back in full force tomorrow. :wink:

ode to veeck
07-02-2004, 05:41 PM
The Southside Lumber Co's delivery truck got lost in a sea of Passats on the way to Wrigley. They'll be there in force tomorrow and Sunday. It's a two game series now ...

DickAllen72
07-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Our boys know how to take care of bussiness against the Scrubs when it matters. The offense has gotten a nice 2 day breather... Should be back in full force tomorrow. :wink:

Amen!
:cheers:

DickAllen72
07-02-2004, 05:53 PM
i haven't seen too many things on the threads about gload, but i think its time to start voicing opinion on this guy.

Gload is a very good defensive first baseman, a terrible right fielder, and a decent left handed bat off the bench.

mcfish
07-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Which Felix Diaz will show up?
Diaz has only had 1 bad outing - and he was pitching on short rest that day.

His MLB debut was not great, but fine. Something like 4 or 5 runs in 5 innings - just as good as any of our other starters lately. And last week he pitched really well against the Flubs.

Give the guy a chance please.

longshot7
07-02-2004, 06:09 PM
He's a great backup DH. "The Little Hurt"
That would be Craig Grebeck.

inta
07-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Not enough Sox fans at the game..to me, it looked like 500 Sox fans, 40,000 Cub fans.

And man, what's more annoying? Listening to Chip and Stone ("He Gone!" :angry: ), or seeing all those Cub fans on camera? Can't wait till this series is over.
nah, i just got back from the game, it was about 70/30 cubs/sox fans.
sox fans had a very loud "lets go white sox" chant in the first. but afterwards had nothing to really cheer about.

oh well.

best moment of the game was walking on the concourse and some guy with his entire body painted cubbie blue was arguing with some sox fan 50 feet away... another sox fan comes up and yells "you're arguing with a guy who painted his body like a smurf... c'mon already"

even the cub fans around got a chuckle out of that.

MikeKreevich
07-02-2004, 06:16 PM
It's tough to win six in a row.

BarbG
07-02-2004, 06:25 PM
He Did say He Gone at the end of the game. It definitely was a shot at hawk.

Yes he did say He Gone. Apparently not bright enough to write his own material. I never saw Chip before, never will again.

Very insulting, rude, smug and arrogant. In other words, a Cubs fan.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 06:44 PM
He Did say He Gone at the end of the game. It definitely was a shot at hawk.It's stuff like this that causes me to feel no sympathy for Chip Caray whatsoever regarding his job situation. If he's going to make fun of other people who have done nothing to deserve it, then it's not the least surprising that WGN has decided to fire his worthless ass. He didn't deserve the Cubs job in the first place. I'm glad he's getting it taken away from him.

nasox
07-02-2004, 07:42 PM
The Southside Lumber Co's delivery truck got lost in a sea of Passats on the way to Wrigley. They'll be there in force tomorrow and Sunday. It's a two game series now ...
Ah the Passat, the overpriced, POS VW that is the icon of the Yuppie!

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Ross Gload does not deserve to be anywhere near right field.

Ozzie is completely correct, as long as Mags is out, coupled with the loss of either Konerko or Thomas to the no DH rule, it cripples the Sox lineup in N.L. parks. As evidence I offer their 2-5 record on the road in interleague play.

I'm assuming Mags will not be playing tomorrow or Sunday so the pressure is really on Diaz and then by proxy Buehrle Sunday night.

Lip

TomParrish79
07-02-2004, 08:04 PM
oh that would have pissed me off so much if I had been able to watch the game and heard Chip say "He Gawn"

I got nothing bad to say about the game really, just the way it goes sometimes. I dont like the fact that Ross Gload keeps making errors that lead to runs, (didnt see it, just read about it on Yahoo) but anyway we need to take it to them tomorrow, and hopes Diaz pitches well and gets some support.

humansushi
07-02-2004, 08:07 PM
I like the way things are looking for us, a reversal of last year when we took the first 2 of each series and lost the final game. This year we lose the first game only to come back and take the final 2. I see the glass half-full.

mdep524
07-02-2004, 09:08 PM
I think its a bit unfair for people to harp on Gload's poor defense in right field. The guy is a first baseman!!! He is playing out of position! He is a good defensive first baseman (allegedly, Ozzie has never really used him there), but is being forced to play right field where he is below average. Would you like to see Paulie play right field? Or Frank? Because they would do worse than Gload.

On another note, Dusty Baker got what he deserved with Zambrano's injury. The guy threw about 130 pitches in his last start, what do you expect?

billnahorodny
07-02-2004, 09:09 PM
nah, i just got back from the game, it was about 70/30 cubs/sox fans.
sox fans had a very loud "lets go white sox" chant in the first. but afterwards had nothing to really cheer about.

oh well.

best moment of the game was walking on the concourse and some guy with his entire body painted cubbie blue was arguing with some sox fan 50 feet away... another sox fan comes up and yells "you're arguing with a guy who painted his body like a smurf... c'mon already"

even the cub fans around got a chuckle out of that.
I'd agree with the 70-30 assessment...although I was sitting around a lot od Sox fans in the RF corner. Walking into the bathroom in about the 7th inning...some flubbie moron was sarcastically shouting, "How 'bout them Sox...4-2 Baby!!!" That is until someone pointed out that the score was actually 5-2! Flubbie fan stupidity brightens an otherwise bleak situation :rolleyes:

Jerko
07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Not to stand up for Chimp, but didn't we all think it was funny when Jose, and now this year, TIMO PEREZ of all people, did the Scammy gang banger kissy finger chest thump gesture? So Chip made fun of Hawk, who cares? We're getting a little too thin-skinned around here.

Viva Magglio
07-02-2004, 09:48 PM
My take on Chip Caray saying "HE GONE!" is this. When Konerko & Co. went deep last weekend, did Hawk make fun of Chip with his "SWUNG ON AND BELTED!!!" catchphrase? No. This just shows how unprofessional Chip is. It is yet another example of how Holy Cubbiedom thinks its s*** don't stink.

beckett21
07-02-2004, 09:55 PM
I think its a bit unfair for people to harp on Gload's poor defense in right field. The guy is a first baseman!!! He is playing out of position! He is a good defensive first baseman (allegedly, Ozzie has never really used him there), but is being forced to play right field where he is below average. Would you like to see Paulie play right field? Or Frank? Because they would do worse than Gload.

On another note, Dusty Baker got what he deserved with Zambrano's injury. The guy threw about 130 pitches in his last start, what do you expect?
I'm not going to rip Gload for his poor fielding, but honestly I think his best position in the field is DH. Unfortunately for him we already have one of those.

As for Baker getting what he deserves, yes he gets what he deserves. But Zambrano does not deserve what he got. Baker should have had sense enough to pull Carlos from the game; you can't honestly expect someone who is a true competitor to pull himself. Personally I don't care for Zambrano and all his little antics, but I will give him his due. He is a good pitcher and a great competitor, and he should have someone looking out for his health. Dusty obviously was not and is not.