PDA

View Full Version : Evil Uniform Maker Predicts Only 1 Sox at ASG

Champs2004
07-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Frank is the only Sox player going. and this is a shame before God! SIX bosox and SEVEN yankmees are going! it's a tragedy. 3 of those carmines and 5 of the yankmees dont even deserve it! We should have at the most FIVE of our guys going.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Please be aware that the player names being offered on these jerseys are only speculative and in no way reflect or affect the actual All-Star voting process. Only the Major League players who are ultimately selected to the 2004 All-Star Game, either via fan voting or league selection, will actually be produced by the manufacturer. Consequently, if you place an order for a player who is not among those selected for the All-Star Game, your order will be cancelled without notice and you will not be billed in that instance.

If the player you ordered is selected to the All-Star Game, your jersey will be produced immediately upon selection. No Major League Player jerseys will be shipped prior to the official announcement of the 2004 All-Star Game rosters by Major League Baseball.

-mlb.com shop

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 03:50 PM
The Yankees have the best record in baseball. The AL is going to be just fine at the All-Star game.

MeanFish
07-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Let's just be glad for Frank. We may only have one, but at least Frank is getting the respect he deserves for a change.

Randar68
07-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Frank is the only Sox player going. and this is a shame before God! SIX bosox and SEVEN yankmees are going! it's a tragedy. 3 of those carmines and 5 of the yankmees dont even deserve it! We should have at the most FIVE of our guys going.
I am thrilled for Frank, but this is a Travashammockery!

BIRDDLE-FWLICKLE!

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 04:05 PM

BIRDDLE-FWLICKLE!

Well, its just one simple online shopkeeper's prediction.

Iguana775
07-02-2004, 04:06 PM

BIRDDLE-FWLICKLE!
No making up words!

lol

WTG Hurt!!

mantis1212
07-02-2004, 05:12 PM
That's great, but it's kind of a make-up call. Paulie deserves it more

JRIG
07-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I edited the title to make it a bit more clear.

:)

doublem23
07-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Five of our guys? Frank should go, and Freddy Garcia could deserve a nod (except that record is a little low). That may be it. There are too many good closers, who have been doing it all year ahead of Takatsu to really even bother giving him a look.

Voice of Reason
07-02-2004, 06:02 PM
That's great, but it's kind of a make-up call. Paulie deserves it more
Frank Thomas: .278 BA .441 OBP .577 SLG 18 HR 49 RBI 53 R 63 BB
Paul Konerko: .273 BA .365 OBP .543 SLG 20 HR 54 RBI 38 R 34 BB

And you say which one of these guys deserves it more?

doublem23
07-02-2004, 06:05 PM

Remember he's a better defensive first baseman.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 08:00 PM

Konerko has more home runs and runs batted in, for the moment. He won't by the time the season is over. Until Paul Konerko can put together two solid halves of baseball, I'm not going to consider him to be anything more than an average first baseman. Besides, the fans want Frank in the game, so he should be there.

idseer
07-02-2004, 08:05 PM
i'd rather see thomas stay at home for the as game. he needs a little vacation.

as is a dumb joke anyway.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 08:10 PM
i'd rather see thomas stay at home for the as game. he needs a little vacation.

as is a dumb joke anyway.
I think he should be there. If undeserving players (Giambi, Sosa, Garciaparra) are able to play in the game, then Frank should be able to, as well. If Joe Torre isn't intelliegent enough to make that decision... let's just say the Yankees are in trouble if they run into Frank in the post-season.

Aidan
07-02-2004, 08:12 PM
I think Shingo and Frank and/or Paulie should be the Sox All-Stars. I would have said Uribe originally as well but he has started to slump a bit. Buerhle and Loaiza got rocked a few times and that ruined their ERAs. Valentin is feast or famine but he may deserve a nod for having a career year and leading all SS with 17 homers.

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 09:00 PM
When you don't have a national reputation for anything this is what happens. As an example of when things were different look at the number of players representing the Sox during the 50's.

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 09:05 PM
When you don't have a national reputation for anything this is what happens. As an example of when things were different look at the number of players representing the Sox during the 50's.

Lip
You love talking about how Reinsdorf has destroyed this franchise, don't you? :smile:

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 09:24 PM
RK:

You're inferring that. Nowhere do I even imply that. Compare the numbers yourself.

The fact is the Sox do NOT have any kind of national following therefore they do not get fan votes and they do not get selections by the league offices.

The Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Braves get the benefit of the doubt because they are popular clubs. The Sox are not, simple as that.

If you want to get into the 'why's' that's fine. I'll be happy to come up with a few theories. :smile:

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 10:38 PM
RK:

You're inferring that. Nowhere do I even imply that. Compare the numbers yourself.

The fact is the Sox do NOT have any kind of national following therefore they do not get fan votes and they do not get selections by the league offices.

The Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Braves get the benefit of the doubt because they are popular clubs. The Sox are not, simple as that.

If you want to get into the 'why's' that's fine. I'll be happy to come up with a few theories. :smile:

Lip
Okay, then. Why do the Sox have a poor national following?

GregoryEtc
07-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't care how many sox are on the team... We'll get at least one...

but this year....

I just want the best AL team out there fighting for home field advantage for our Sox in the WS. And that wasn't in teal!

NotSince1917
07-04-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm guessing Loaiza makes it based on last year's numbers, and no one else, which would be a shame because of the offense's production. But the Sox will have at least one (Thomas and/or Konerko) on the ballot for the 32nd player online voting.

flo-B-flo
07-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Who gives a frick about the allstar game. The Sox players who think they should go--and don't-- should use this as motivation to kick every a** the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Frankfan4life
07-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Frank is the only Sox player going. and this is a shame before God! SIX bosox and SEVEN yankmees are going! it's a tragedy. 3 of those carmines and 5 of the yankmees dont even deserve it! We should have at the most FIVE of our guys going.Now that Frank is going to the ASG, I have to change my signature and I'm really lazy about that kind of thing. :(: Not to say I'm not happy about it, because I voted for him, A LOT!! :D:

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Now that Frank is going to the ASG, I have to change my signature and I'm really lazy about that kind of thing. :(: Not to say I'm not happy about it, because I voted for him, A LOT!! :D:
We don't know for sure, yet. The selections will be announced in about forty five minutes.

Vsahajpal
07-04-2004, 06:22 PM
I'm hearing Loaiza is the lone Sox representative, but don't quote me (yet).

RKMeibalane
07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Loaiza doesn't deserve to be on the team this season, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened. Joe Torre has a history of making strange picks for the All Star Game. That's one of the many reasons why I don't want to see the Yankees in the World Series again for several years. Knowing that he's the one who makes these decisions is enough to make me sick to my stomach.

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 06:31 PM

Loaiza is getting the nod based on last year. Loaiza's been slightly better than average this year.

Loaiza/AL Average
ERA 4.37 4.43
WHIP 1.35 1.41