Jason Varitek
Vernon Wells
Michael Young

doublem23
07-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Nomar Garciaparra? What a load of ****.

HomeFish
07-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Interesting, especially considering the fact that it won't be announced until Sunday.

What you have is probably a projection so they can start selling jerseys now. Torre is not going to put that many Red Sox on there. I mean, Enrique Wilson needs a spot.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 07:19 PM
A few points:

1. Nomar won't be there because Jeter moved ahead of him in the voting (I just found this out).

2. Torre will come up with some excuse to justify leaving Frank off the team (again).

3. Torre won't pick more Red Sox players than he absolutely has to.

4. Torre is an ass.

5. Torii Hunter sucks.

6. Johnny Damon sucks.

7. Joe Torre is a terrible human being.

WHarris13
07-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Hopefully if we only get 1 Sox on the roster there will be one on the 32nd man thing ALSO and they will get in because of :army.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Hopefully if we only get 1 Sox on the roster there will be one on the 32nd man thing and they will get in because of :army.
It doesn't work that way. A representative from every team must be selected by the manager. The thirty second man is chosen from a collection of other deserving players. No team will have it's only representative as the 32nd man.

WHarris13
07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
It doesn't work that way. A representative from every team must be selected by the manager. The thirty second man is chosen from a collection of other deserving players. No team will have it's only representative as the 32nd man.I know that, I just didn't know how to word it. My bad, i meant hopefully...
We get a Sox player on the regular roster
AND
One on the 32nd man ballot.

There we go.

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 07:29 PM
I know that, I just didn't know how to word it. My bad, i meant hopefully...
We get a Sox player on the regular roster
AND
One on the 32nd man ballot.

There we go.
Exactly. :smile:

Cowch44
07-02-2004, 07:41 PM
I really think Shingo should be there. Idk about Frank because of David Ortiz and the Royals best represntative is Ken Harvey. I hope to death the Sox get atleast 2 guys there but with the fans having the vote I doubt Frank'll be there.

SomebodyToldMe
07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
A few points:
2. Torre will come up with some excuse to justify leaving Frank off the team (again).
my bet it'll be something along the lines of "he's a DH. there's no need for him in a national league type game. besides, i'm gonna bring up one our team's AAA firstbasemen to back up."