PDA

View Full Version : Old Frank Thomas commercial

WWIII
07-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Does anyone remember the old commercial in which Frank is talking about running home from third, and the play at the plate is like two trains colliding, the picture is in brown and white, showing Frank about to run into a catcher, and as the screen fades out Frank says, "I'm the big train," and the picture comes back showing the ball falling out of the catcher's glove? That commercial was awesome, and it should make a comeback this year to help the nation remember and respect the Big Hurt!

rmusacch
07-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Does anyone remember the old commercial in which Frank is talking about running home from third, and the play at the plate is like two trains colliding, the picture is in brown and white, showing Frank about to run into a catcher, and as the screen fades out Frank says, "I'm the big train," and the picture comes back showing the ball falling out of the catcher's glove? That commercial was awesome, and it should make a comeback this year to help the nation remember and respect the Big Hurt!
Yeah I think that it was a Reebok commercial.

SoxxoS
07-02-2004, 05:58 PM
And I can't remember one time Frank running over anybody.

"On the tracks when the train is coming through" my foot.

Huisj
07-02-2004, 06:59 PM
yeah, i remember it. Even then me and my dad both thought it was funny because we couldn't ever remember him running anyone over hard.

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 08:02 PM
I have it on tape. It was part of two commericals done by Frank when Reebok was marketing him in July 1993. The other spot features the line 'taking a walk in the park,' after he blasts a home run.

I have on tape a long feature story ESPN did on Frank in regards to his marketing future. It even quotes Uncle Jerry.

Lip

RKMeibalane
07-02-2004, 08:04 PM
I have it on tape. It was part of two commericals done by Frank when Reebok was marketing him in July 1993. The other spot features the line 'taking a walk in the park,' after he blasts a home run.

I have on tape a long feature story ESPN did on Frank in regards to his marketing future. It even quotes Uncle Jerry.

Lip
IIRC, I think the commercial depicted the home run as being hit completely out of Comiskey. The last the ball was actually seen was when Frank connected for the home run. Then it dissapeared.