PDA

View Full Version : Borchard in left next year?


Jerry_Manuel
09-25-2001, 05:43 PM
Found this in the Daily SouthTown:
(I myself don't believe this will happen)
Sox manager Jerry Manuel and the front office have discussed a plan in which Canseco and prized prospect Joe Borchard would split time in left field next season. The alignment would leave incumbent Carlos Lee available in a trade, perhaps for an established pitcher.

KempersRS
09-25-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Found this in the Daily SouthTown:
(I myself don't believe this will happen)
Sox manager Jerry Manuel and the front office have discussed a plan in which Canseco and prized prospect Joe Borchard would split time in left field next season. The alignment would leave incumbent Carlos Lee available in a trade, perhaps for an established pitcher.

Wow, that would be stupid.

CerberusWG
09-25-2001, 05:54 PM
The only part I agree with is the trading of Lee.

Randar68
09-25-2001, 06:03 PM
This is one of the dumbest plans in the history of the Sox.

1) Borchard is athletic enough to handle CF
2) If you're planning on playing Borchard, it HAS to be everyday!
3) If you're planning on trading Carlos, You better get a #1 pitcher or a damn good catcher.
4) This means that Rowand or Singleton will be the everyday CF'er
5) Maggs would be better in LF, and Borchard has the arm and D to be a GG RF'er...
6) Maggs in left would make him one of the game's premier LF'ers
7) Man, will they regret trading Carlos Lee unless they get something really damn good in return....and I trust KW about 1/10th as far as I can throw him...

LongDistanceFan
09-25-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
This is one of the dumbest plans in the history of the Sox.

1) Borchard is athletic enough to handle CF
2) If you're planning on playing Borchard, it HAS to be everyday!
3) If you're planning on trading Carlos, You better get a #1 pitcher or a damn good catcher.
4) This means that Rowand or Singleton will be the everyday CF'er
5) Maggs would be better in LF, and Borchard has the arm and D to be a GG RF'er...
6) Maggs in left would make him one of the game's premier LF'ers
7) Man, will they regret trading Carlos Lee unless they get something really damn good in return....and I trust KW about 1/10th as far as I can throw him... tough question comes to mind is where and who are they going to trade lee for? I wonder which team?

Chisox_cali
09-25-2001, 07:05 PM
It would certainly be a sweet little outfield:
LF Maggs
CF Rowand
RF Borchard

LongDistanceFan
09-25-2001, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
It would certainly be a sweet little outfield:
LF Maggs
CF Rowand
RF Borchard i wouldn't be too excited about rowand in cf......... i am still not sold on him.

Iguana775
09-25-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
This is one of the dumbest plans in the history of the Sox.

1) Borchard is athletic enough to handle CF
2) If you're planning on playing Borchard, it HAS to be everyday!
3) If you're planning on trading Carlos, You better get a #1 pitcher or a damn good catcher.
4) This means that Rowand or Singleton will be the everyday CF'er
5) Maggs would be better in LF, and Borchard has the arm and D to be a GG RF'er...
6) Maggs in left would make him one of the game's premier LF'ers
7) Man, will they regret trading Carlos Lee unless they get something really damn good in return....and I trust KW about 1/10th as far as I can throw him...

yea. i would love to see borchard in RF and maggs in LF. i think they both could be stellar at those positions. rowand and chris in center would be good. but rowand has to get most of the time there with singleton the 4th OFer

Iguana775
09-25-2001, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
tough question comes to mind is where and who are they going to trade lee for? I wonder which team?

maybe we could get kendell. would anyone think that wasnt a good deal??? im not sure what kind of pitching they have.

LongDistanceFan
09-25-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


maybe we could get kendell. would anyone think that wasnt a good deal??? im not sure what kind of pitching they have. i wouldn't go for kendell, his injuries are catching up to him, it more like to go for jr house who is in the minors....... real stud, and dumoitt(sp) another cat in their system, plus they don't have anything special for pitching....... but i love their 1 rounder last yr, john vanberschton(sp)...........

LongDistanceFan
09-25-2001, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i wouldn't go for kendell, his injuries are catching up to him, it more like to go for jr house who is in the minors....... real stud, and dumoitt(sp) another cat in their system, plus they don't have anything special for pitching....... but i love their 1 rounder last yr, john vanberschton(sp)........... you know who really entices me as much as jr house, is brad cesse......... he was with arz minor league, i don't if he is still there.

GASHWOUND
09-25-2001, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Found this in the Daily SouthTown:
(I myself don't believe this will happen)
Sox manager Jerry Manuel and the front office have discussed a plan in which Canseco and prized prospect Joe Borchard would split time in left field next season. The alignment would leave incumbent Carlos Lee available in a trade, perhaps for an established pitcher.

What? I want to keep Lee, lets just stick with the plan and put Borchard in CF. We're not going to get any top of the line starter for Lee. Who's gonna give away a a good starter that easy? I know if we do trade Lee the player we get back is gonna under achieve, while Lee will be making AllStar teams. Thats to much of a risk to give up on Lee. I see this guy as a future MVP and with a couple more seasons of maturing, we will have ourselves a great player.

LongDistanceFan
09-26-2001, 03:54 AM
Somebody once mention this before and i didn't like it. But now with some of the trade rumors swirling around, i just might be willing to loose a 1rounder.......... but i need to know some things first. This person had some run in w/ his coach, has anybody ever heard of him being a cancer? He is ufa next yr and a cf, i would rather have him instead of rowand and he can leadoff.

Your thoughts. Roger Cedeno of det.


The "of" with cedeno, mags and brochard. That is assuming lee is a goner

Randar68
09-26-2001, 09:34 AM
The "of" with cedeno, mags and brochard

Well, despite Cedeno's speed and ability on the basepaths and walks, his defense in CF is uninspired. He gets bad jumps, takes bad routes, and seems to be lacking the desire. I have also heard rumors of the Yankee's Tampering and they want to get him for LF.....who knows, but he would be a REAL leadoff hitter....I think a first rounder might be worth it....