PDA

View Full Version : Valentin Trying To Mess Up Carlos Lee?

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 01:03 PM
There was a pop up in the game yesterday to left field. Valentin started going back and looked like he was called off by Lee. From my vantage point it looked like Valentin tried to mess up Lee's concentration by sort of jumping toward him while Lee was in the process of catching the ball. I forget the inning.

I'm all for the team staying loose and having fun but playing your most competitive division rival is not the time for Valentin to be messing with someone's concentration, especially Carlos Lee who scares me in the field as it is.

Tekijawa
07-02-2004, 01:12 PM
especially Carlos Lee who scares me in the field as it is.
Is that because he has no errors this season or because he leads the team in outfield assists?

itsnotrequired
07-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Is that because he has no errors this season or because he leads the team in outfield assists?
Agreed. I remember watching Carlos gun down runners at the plate earlier in the season for a few games in a row (against Texas, IIRC).

daveeym
07-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Is this Jake Taylor still pissed at Roger Doran for ole'ing balls at third?:redneck

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Ah so Valentin can mess with him all he wants...ok. Maybe Valentin is jealous because he makes errors and Lee doesn't?

I could care less about the stats. Stats doesn't make him look any better out there going after balls. I'm as happy as anyone else that he makes the plays he does. It doesn't mean I can't hold my breath everytime a ball is hit in his direction does it?

WHarris13
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Is this Jake Taylor still pissed at Roger Doran for ole'ing balls at third?:redneckI just watched that movie last night. What a classic.

SEALgep
07-02-2004, 01:22 PM
There was a pop up in the game yesterday to left field. Valentin started going back and looked like he was called off by Lee. From my vantage point it looked like Valentin tried to mess up Lee's concentration by sort of jumping toward him while Lee was in the process of catching the ball. I forget the inning.

I'm all for the team staying loose and having fun but playing your most competitive division rival is not the time for Valentin to be messing with someone's concentration, especially Carlos Lee who scares me in the field as it is.Valentin wants to win, and I highly doubt he was intentionally trying to make Lee drop the ball in a 2-1 game. I saw the game, and I don't recall that incident happening that way, but if you did, I am more than confident it was just a misunderstanding. This team is all about winning and doing their job right, Valentin is just an aggressive fielder, and if he can get to the ball, he wants to catch it. As I said, Valentin was surely not trying to have Lee cause an error, that I am very positive about.

AnkleSox
07-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Valentin is probably the guy on the team with the best attitude, and one of them that wants to win the most. I doubt he would do something like that.

mcfish
07-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Valentin is probably the guy on the team with the best attitude, and one of them that wants to win the most. I doubt he would do something like that.
I doubt the guy on the team with the worst attitude would be stupid enough to try to make another fielder miss a ball during any game, let alone a 2-1 game against Minnesota.

CubKilla
07-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Lee has one error this season (06/22/04) against Cleveland. Loaiza had a perfect game/no-hitter up to that point in the 4th inning of that game where the Sox were winning 8-0, but Carlos Lee lost the ball in the lights. Next inning, Loaiza gave up 6 and Cleveland nearly pulled a win out of their butt.

Randar68
07-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I doubt the guy on the team with the worst attitude would be stupid enough to try to make another fielder miss a ball during any game, let alone a 2-1 game against Minnesota.
This might be the dumbest thread EVER. Where can I get a refund for the 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back?

What a waste of time.

stockonline2
07-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Jose was running for the ball when Carlos called him off. There was a little bit of confusion but Lee caught it. After he caught it Jose jumped at him jokingly as if he were going to catch the ball. No big deal...

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Jose was running for the ball when Carlos called him off. There was a little bit of confusion but Lee caught it. After he caught it Jose jumped at him jokingly as if he were going to catch the ball. No big deal...
See now to me it looked like he was jumping at him while he was catching it. And that is what I didn't like. If I was mistaken and it was after he had already caught it then it's not so bad and I apologize.

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 02:51 PM
This might be the dumbest thread EVER. Where can I get a refund for the 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back?

What a waste of time.
While you are at it what about the time you wasted posting to the dumbest thread EVER?

mcfish
07-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Lee has one error this season (06/22/04) against Cleveland. Loaiza had a perfect game/no-hitter up to that point in the 4th inning of that game where the Sox were winning 8-0, but Carlos Lee lost the ball in the lights. Next inning, Loaiza gave up 6 and Cleveland nearly pulled a win out of their butt.
Lee does not have an error this season, as that play was later changed to a base hit by the official scorer. It may have been a bad play, but Carlos was not charged with an error.

JDP
07-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Roger Doran
It's Dorn