PDA

View Full Version : John Kruk Rips Carlos Lee

AOEllis
07-02-2004, 12:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=kruk/040702

I agree 100% with him, except the part of how he would handle it, that play upset me like none other.

TornLabrum
07-02-2004, 12:51 PM

I agree 100% with him, that play upset me like none other.
I was at the game. I was hoping Ozzie would pull him.

idseer
07-02-2004, 12:53 PM

i don't agree with him 100%.

i agree with most everything he said except the part where oz should have publicly humiliated him. i'm confident oz dealt with the incident.

WHarris13
07-02-2004, 12:58 PM
I may be wrong but I think he is...
Isn't the game with the Carlos incident the one where Jackson served up the granny and the Sox lose...
Wasn't the Jose walk-off a seperate game?

I am probably wrong, but I thought we lost the game where CLee got out at 2nd...

Wanne
07-02-2004, 12:58 PM
That's ridiculous...if that's how Kruk would have handled it, then that's a good enough reason why he's not in baseball anymore and your reading his inane blabber. You don't do that to one of your players no matter how po'd you are at him! Nice take Kruk you moron...go eat another sausage or six!

fuzzy_patters
07-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Don't get upset Carlos, John Kruk has one nut.

Iguana775
07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
That's ridiculous...if that's how Kruk would have handled it, then that's a good enough reason why he's not in baseball anymore and your reading his inane blabber. You don't do that to one of your players no matter how po'd you are at him! Nice take Kruk you moron...go eat another sausage or six!
Oh, come one, Wanne. I am sure he's a Phili-steak guy. lol. :dtroll:

daveeym
07-02-2004, 01:12 PM
I thought his point was valid but how he would have handled it was bunk. Also I thought it was underserved to dedicate that much time to lee for one instance. Is lee a stupid baserunner sometimes, sure, but I don't think anyone can actually call him lazy, he busts his ass out there.

chisox117
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah Kruk, maybe no one'll remember the way you walked out on your White Sox teammates mid-game (after only one AB) vs Baltimore on July 30, 1995 to preseve a .300 career avg! I'm sure you're still "admiring your work".
This was one of the most pathetic, cowardly and selfish moves I've ever seen in MLB. What did your young impressionable teammates get out of that one, windbag?
"Nine innings, that's all we ask"?
It takes a lot of balls to say that......oh whoops, scratch that....

:gulp:

delben91
07-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah Kruk, maybe no one'll remember the way you walked out on your White Sox teammates mid-game (after only one AB) vs Baltimore on July 30, 1995 to preseve a .300 career avg! I'm sure you're still "admiring your work".
This was one of the most pathetic, cowardly and selfish moves I've ever seen in MLB. What did your young impressionable teammates get out of that one, windbag?

Haha, classic post. Brilliant! :bandance:

gosox41
07-02-2004, 01:23 PM

ROFLMAO.

"It's funny because it's true." -Homer Simpson

Wanne
07-02-2004, 01:24 PM
When it comes to baserunning blunders...I have still NEVER FORGIVEN JERRY DYBZINSKI!!!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:buWkrOcXYcMJ:dgcommandos.tripod.com/pix/dyb_84fleer.jpg

gobears1987
07-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I may be wrong but I think he is...
Isn't the game with the Carlos incident the one where Jackson served up the granny and the Sox lose...
Wasn't the Jose walk-off a seperate game?

I am probably wrong, but I thought we lost the game where CLee got out at 2nd...
Right, the Jose walk off was a June22 game that I attended. Lee actually was the runner who scored the tieing run to save the Sox and take it to extra innings.

The near homer was a different game.

thecell
07-02-2004, 01:29 PM
The only thing Kruk should be ripping is the wrapper off another candy bar. Fat mulleted ****.

JRIG
07-02-2004, 01:53 PM
**** John Kruk. Fat bastard.

When he and Harold Reynolds are on Baseball Tonight, I can feel myself getting dumber by the second. It's like all the baseball knowledge is oozing out of my brain.

And the worst thing about it is they both make Gammons look sane.

mcfish
07-02-2004, 02:22 PM

I thought retiring on second base was a great idea. I still look back on that incident fondly.

pissonthecubs
07-02-2004, 02:29 PM

I agree as well with him about the whole thing. being 22 years old, the stereotype for my age range is the "new school" thing where it is just fine to show up the pitcher, or the batter for that matter, pull a cell phone from the goalpost after scoring a touchdown, or pounding your chest after making a slam dunk when your team is down by 25. but i was brought up i guess the "old fashioned" way; play and act like you have done it before. i get so PO'd when i see Bonds, Griffey Jr., or CLee even just stand at the plate stairing off into the sky watching their HR. like Kruk said in his column, i wish pitchers would take that crap a little more personal. but they seem not to care anymore. now pitchers are getting a lot better at showing off themselves. guys like zambrano get under my skin as well.

Nellie_Fox
07-03-2004, 02:42 AM
What Kruk did at the end of his career is irrelevant. He is absolutely correct. Standing at the plate admiring your work is bush even when the ball does go into the seats. It's inexcusable when the ball hits the wall. You don't show up the opposition.

Forty years ago, you'd have been extracting the ball from your earhole the next time you came to bat. Imagine what would have happened if you'd have admired your homerun off Drysdale, Gibson, Maglie, or Wynn.

Now, the pitchers are terrified of even pitching inside because of "warnings" and ejections. How long will it be before someone hits a long one, stands there, and pulls out a cell phone to call someone to describe the wonder of his accomplishment?

HomeFish
07-03-2004, 02:44 AM
How long will it be before someone hits a long one, stands there, and pulls out a cell phone to call someone to describe the wonder of his accomplishment?

The day one of US Cellular's competitors signs Sammy as a spokesperson.

inta
07-03-2004, 06:34 AM
JK has a point, carlos' hustle is definitely lacking....although nowhere near the piano that's constantly on konerko's back when he runs.

ps. Toronto celebrated in 93... philly didn't.

hose
07-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I am not defending Carlos because I think standing at the plate and admiring the hit is wrong.

Maniechevitzxcvx might have cost the Twins a game Thursday with his bad base running. In the first inning Manivcaveitzxce stood at the plate watching the ball go out. Only problem was the ball hit the baggie for a double. You could argue that he would of only had a double if he was hustling out of the box. What cost the Twins a run was Maeincavitz not advancing to third on the ground ball with no outs. Hunter than hit a fly ball to center which would have tied the game at two.

Hawk and DJ both said Gardenhiemer showed signs of disgust with Meincavietzxcz's baserunning blunder on the play.

The little mistakes will cost you ball games.

white sox bill
07-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know if Oz ever called him on his (Carlos) s**t?

hawkjt
07-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Carlos has consisently been one of the best hustlers on this team. He busts his ass 99% of the time and has stayed out of double-plays with his hustle. I think Paulie also hustles but he is just slow. The sox run hard but that was a lapse in judgement by CLee on one occasion. Screw Kruk. He is the same guy that was cirtical of Frank for high on-base percentage. Not aggressive enough. Screw Kruk.

Mohoney
07-03-2004, 07:49 PM

AMEN!!!

bmac5001
07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
First off, John Kruk his a moron, and i truly, deeply hate the guy. He's right that was Carlos did on that specific play was right, though it doesn't take a genius to figure out that's not what he should have been doing. The fact is, however, that one simply one play, on mental lapse on Carlos' part. I'm sure he's a hard worker and i don't appreciate Kruk or anyone else implying otherwise because of one play.

Also, that's something that should be handled in the clubhouse (not in front of TV cameras and the whole stadium Kruk, you moron), and knowing the way Ozzie is, i'm sure it was handled accordingly.