PDA

View Full Version : Good Television Weekend For White Sox

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 10:37 AM
We lucked out this weekend with the Cubs series and those of us who listen to television announcers. We only have to listen to that dimwit Caray for one game, unless of course if Fox for some reason has a brain fart and puts him on tomorrow's game.

Blob
07-02-2004, 10:49 AM
We lucked out this weekend with the Cubs series and those of us who listen to television announcers. We only have to listen to that dimwit Caray for one game, unless of course if Fox for some reason has a brain fart and puts him on tomorrow's game.
If Fox did that, it would probably be Stoner over him.

WhteSox725
07-02-2004, 10:51 AM
If Fox did that, it would probably be Stoner over him.
That wouldn't be so bad. Stone doesn't bug me as much as Chip does. I've never seen Stone do a Fox game though, I've seen Caray do a few and one was even a White Sox game, if I remember correctly.

TDog
07-02-2004, 11:06 AM
When I had television, the thing that irritated me most about Fox was the delay. I would listen to Sox radio and hear a play described before I saw it happen.

WGN TV used to have a delay when Harry Caray was calling the games, but that was only because it took him so long to describe what was going on and he was too popular to be forced into retirement.

Tragg
07-02-2004, 11:10 AM
I would call it TERRIBLE tv weekend for those outside of the midwest.

We get the Cubs piped in 120 times a year, but they can't pick up the games when they play the Sox?????

Friday- no TV
Saturday- likely no TV unless we get lucky
Sunday- okay

The way I see it, when all 3 games should be nationally televised into my Louisiana living room, when 2/3 of all Cub games are anyway, I'm likely to get only one game.

patbooyah
07-02-2004, 11:12 AM
:DJ

"i've been teaching chip everything i know!"