PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie hands Cubs bulletin-board material

fquaye149
07-02-2004, 08:32 AM
The article:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/spx-news-ssep02.html

*****. Only with the scrubs is insulting a team's stadium "bulletin board material."

I can see Dusty now,

"Rally round troops, Moises, wipe off your hands. Look what Ozzie said about our stadium."

"No Skipper! Not the Shrine!"

"You heard right! He's throwing stones at the Castle."

Boos all around.

greenpeach
07-02-2004, 08:51 AM
The article:

*****. Only with the scrubs is insulting a team's stadium "bulletin board material."

I can see Dusty now,

"Rally round troops, Moises, wipe off your hands. Look what Ozzie said about our stadium."

Boos all around.I've seen other articles in the recent past that quote ballplayers echoing Ozzie's sentiments. I bet if you got Dusty & some of the other Cubs alone, they would agree with Ozzie. I don't see this article stirring up any controversy among BASEBALL PLAYERS. However, this topic is great talk radio fodder. Stay tuned.

SaltyPretzel
07-02-2004, 08:56 AM
I'd bet most Cubs players would agree with him. I don't see how this would be bulletin board material.

Rocky Soprano
07-02-2004, 09:13 AM
I remember reading an article last year where some Cub Players openly said that when they are on the road and they are in the visitors lockeroom, they love it. And I remember them saying that when its time to go home they dont look foward to it because of the crappy ammenities they have.

eurotrash35
07-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Just another stupid Cubs fluff piece. Ignored.

dpbyron
07-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Most players hate the facilities. What a dump. :whatever:

Iguana775
07-02-2004, 09:37 AM
I don't get how that is BB material. it's the truth.

Cellview22
07-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I just saw this on the WGN Morning News. They had the text of his quote on the screen, I was laughing so hard. Ozzie tells it how it is. :D:

The guys on the set weren't too happy about it. They went on to say it's the greatest place in America.

jackbrohamer
07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
I don't get how that is BB material. it's the truth.
Tough to imagine pro athletes getting psyched because an opponent dislikes their clubhouse. What a nothing story.

thecell
07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
ROTFLMAO!!

:rolling:

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Lance Berkman of Houston said the same thing last season.

Lip

Nick@Nite
07-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Do the Cubs know how to read? We all know they don't know how to wash their hands.

pissonthecubs
07-02-2004, 02:39 PM
it is a piece of crap ballpark, plain and simple. Ozzie is not the first player or manager to say something bad about "The Shrine". every year at least a few players say something about how small the clubhouse is or anything else about. being there just once (Sox v. Flubs '01, a win of course) the skybox seats weren't all that great. the food sucked. i could go on, but won't. the Cubuine can add all the seats in the outfield, or behind the plate, or put up LCD boards to please the fans, but the players will always say the place sucks until they blow that crap hole up, and blow it real good!

StockdaleForVeep
07-02-2004, 02:41 PM
The article:

I can see Dusty now,

Boos all around.
HAHAH, the only thing i can picture right now is sosa saying at that moment of the convo off topic
"Are u suggesting coconuts migrate?"

http://www.gadflyonline.com/11-5-01/holygrail.jpg