PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Sox-Cubs round II

Cowch44
07-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I know it's a bit early but, We gotta start soon. The game is early-ish tomorrow(meaning I must sleep tonight). Darn sleep.....:angry:

HomeFish
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
This team, from manager to left field, has been horrible in National League ballparks. We'll be lucky to get a win against Rusch, but I'm optimistic about it. One out of three to deny them the series win.

JoseCanseco6969
07-01-2004, 10:48 PM
This team, from manager to left field, has been horrible in National League ballparks. We'll be lucky to get a win against Rusch, but I'm optimistic about it. One out of three to deny them the series win.
Well if Olivo was on the team, then we'd be bringing out those brooms for sure!!!!

HomeFish
07-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Well if Olivo was on the team, then we'd be bringing out those brooms for sure!!!!

You cannot deny that Olivo's record against the Cub was admirable.

fuzzy_patters
07-01-2004, 10:59 PM
:hawk
"They have no stones!"

The Sox will sweep the little, blue frauds.

WHarris13
07-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I am scared about tommorrow's matchup of Zambrano/Loazia because ELo has been shaky, and Zambrano is a stud, except his last outing against us.
Prediction: Cubs W.

Saturday we should knock around Maddux pretty good but I think the Cubs will hit Diaz hard facing him for the 2nd time.

Sunday we better win. Rusch's fairy tale is over, and Buehrle will mow them down.
Prediction: Sox W.

I would be staisfied with this looking at the pitching matchups. Hopefully I am wrong.

Cowch44
07-01-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm going with 2 out of 3. I personally think Zambrano's ERA is misleading.:rolleyes: I don't think we'll beat Maddux again, but we might. And I'm confident we can beat Rusch. Especially if Buehrle gets his 9 run average run support.
:) :supernana: :)

Kuzman
07-01-2004, 11:13 PM
As long as we get 2 ill be happy, becuase it will shut all the fair weather cub fans up... they are more annoying then actual cub fans

CHISOXFAN13
07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Well, I predicted we'd get swept last week, and I was certainly way off.

Maybe I'll predict a sweep again and this team will come back to the Cell with a 5-1 road trip and sellout crowd on Tuesday!

ma_deuce
07-01-2004, 11:43 PM
I say two out of three, but I'll take a sweep! :D:

WSox8404
07-01-2004, 11:45 PM
2 out of three sesms reasonable, but a sweep is not out of question. The only game I am a little worried about is Friday's. But, we already beat Zambrano once, why not again?

OurBitchinMinny
07-01-2004, 11:51 PM
I hate to say it, but I wouldnt be surprised to see the cubs take 2/3. I hope i am wrong. Here is my reasoning.

Cubs are at home and are used to playing in that joke of a ballpark.
The urinal is an NL park and it means that either Thomas (not much of a loss as he has been slumping big time) or PK are out of the lineup in addition to maggs and the pitchers have to hit.
The sox might have a let down coming off the big sweep at the dome in a series that mattered way more than these games against the cubs.
Either diaz or rauch is going to pitch. I know diaz pitched well last time, but I would not expect it again.
I look for zambrano to come out and pitch a solid game after getting outdueled by Diaz

Why I could be and hope I am wrong

we miss prior
I think we get to face maddux.
win blowing out bodes well for sox bats

I really wish garcia got a chance to pitch. Should be fun. Twins play AZ so they could make up any ground we gained if the sox come out flat at wrigley

Thunderstruck30
07-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Friday: The Sox need to score some early runs. Hopefully Zambrano's emotions will work against him like it did last weekend. Esteban will have a good game. Sox win.

Saturday: We got lucky with Diaz last weekend. Cubs win.

Sunday: Buehrle will get great run support as usual. Who is Glendan Rusch? Sox win.

OurBitchinMinny
07-01-2004, 11:53 PM
I am scared about tommorrow's matchup of Zambrano/Loazia because ELo has been shaky, and Zambrano is a stud, except his last outing against us.

Saturday we should knock around Maddux pretty good but I think the Cubs will hit Diaz hard facing him for the 2nd time.

Sunday we better win. Rusch's fairy tale is over, and Buehrle will mow them down.

I would be staisfied with this looking at the pitching matchups. Hopefully I am wrong.
Is it diaz for sure? I might throw rauch just to give them a different look. I know diaz pitched well the first time, but I agree, I think even the cubs will hit him better the second time around.

vegyrex
07-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I'll be happy if we don't get swept. :redface:

Lets hope that doesn't happen.

Go SOX!!:bandance:

doublem23
07-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Considering we're down two bats in the lineup now, I'll be happy with any wins we can get. Sunday is our best bet, IMO, and I think Friday is 50/50. But we've been hot, so who knows? Go Sox!

WhiteSox = Life
07-02-2004, 01:11 AM
I say we ask Chicago's favorite sports columnist... Writer... TV personality... Nay, Chicago's favorite person, no doubt about it!

:moron
"Ah, go hang in your ballmall, Life, while the Cubs sweep the Scum just like I said they would."

nitetrain8601
07-02-2004, 01:19 AM
I say we lose 2 of 3. Hopefully I'm wrong.

White_Sock
07-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Is this a Cubs forum? What's with all this nonsense? Cubs sweep? Cubs take 2 outta 3? What a load of bullcrap.

Here's my prediction:

SOX SWEEP THE FLUBS BABY!

Nard
07-02-2004, 02:43 AM
http://www.dragonherbs.com/news/door-broom.jpeg
I'll be happy with nothing less. :supernana:

Cowch44
07-02-2004, 02:53 AM
I see there's been atleast one Troll maybe more:dtroll:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Have to go with the sox sweeping the scrubs. I had a prediction of 5-1 against the scrubs this year with the sox taking 2 at the cell and sweeping at wrigley.

Nick@Nite
07-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Despite Frank not being able to DH, I still see the glass half full. Carlos, PK and Manos is still enough thunder as long as Willie, Timo and Juan show up.

Sox win 2 out of 3.

If Maggs was playing, and our rotation was ELo, Burly and Freddy, I'd say sweep.

GO SOX!!!
:supernana:

SSN721
07-02-2004, 06:39 AM
I just feel with our record in NL parks this year I dont feel that confident. I think we will win against Rusch but it will be hard to beat Zembrano and Maddux again. If Loaiza is on then I think it is pretty even, we seem to know how to get to Zembrano. But I cant get very confident with Diaz yet, just considering our track record in the 5th spot. I hope I am wrong but right now I say we win 1 out of three.

Baby Fisk
07-02-2004, 08:36 AM
I hope some of you are not high school guidance councillors. If so, what's the suicide rate at your school?

Oh ye of little faith!

SOX WIN 3

SoxFan78
07-02-2004, 08:56 AM
All Sox fans know you can throw out the record books when these two teams play against each other. Aces on pitching staffs, no longer when cubs and sox get together. Who would of ever thought Olivio would of hit a granny in wrigley last year? Not me?

Sox will take 2 out of 3. I hope for a sweep, but it always seems like the Cubs pull one of these games out.

AZ will also win the series against the Twins.

I'll be down on Saturday with my Sox Pride shirt and Thomas Jersey.

Blob
07-02-2004, 08:59 AM
The Sox will take 2 out of 3 or possibly sweep. We are on a legitamate streak right now and are hot. I hope they don't get to laid back for this game they need to be as aggresive as last series.

Give it up on Olivio already...he's gone deal with it...

SSN721
07-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Who's Olivio?

Flight #24
07-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Right now, I think we're the better team. We're on a roll, and the guys feel like they can beat anyone.

However.....we STILL have problems getting bunts down, which will cost you more in an NL park. I say we win 2, but it could easily be 1. We will almost definitely blow at least one fo their pitchers out of the water this weekend given our bats.

Dan H
07-02-2004, 09:36 AM
It can be very hard to predict a series like this, but I see the Sox winning the last two. I really think Maddux is over the hill. He really hasn't a hot streak all season and I don't see him having one. Buerhle will handle the Cubs on Sunday. I think the Sox can score a few runs off Zambrano, but Loaiza scares me with the number of homers he gives up.

SoxFan78
07-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Give it up on Olivio already...he's gone deal with it...
I wasn't bringing up Olivio because I miss him. I was just stating a fact that anybody on the Sox can step it up against the Cubs in Wrigley. Hell, I hope Jamie Burke hits a grand slam and shuts up everybody on their cell phones.

firejauron
07-02-2004, 10:02 AM

Unfortunately, this is how I see things shaking out too. Zambrano is going to be stoked today, wanting to redeem himself after falling on his face at the Cell last Saturday. On the other hand, I do think ELO will come out throwing much better than he did on Sunday. I'll give the edge the the Flubs.

On Saturday I think it will be a shootout. I'd give the Flubs a slight edge based on teh fact that we are playing in an NL ballpark (more like toilet). We will have to sit one of our big bats with no DH and our pitchers have little experience hitting. Plus I have no faith in our catcher's hitting the ball with Olivo gone. The Cubs started to really hit Diaz hard during the second time throught eh batting order which does not bode well for Felix on Saturday.

Sunday is our best shot to win with Mark going against Rusch.

In my mind I see the Cubs taking 2 out of 3. However, if we can get into the Cubs poor middle relief early on in a couple of games, I could see us pulling 2 off. Hopefully the catchers can surprise us with some timely hitting this weekend. That would be huge.

Lip Man 1
07-02-2004, 12:11 PM
The matra is always the same for any big series, the Cubs, the Twins, the Yankees whomever.

DO NOT GET SWEPT.

Lip

delben91
07-02-2004, 12:24 PM
The matra is always the same for any big series, the Cubs, the Twins, the Yankees whomever.

DO NOT GET SWEPT.

Lip

Well, the Sox were quite happy to oblige in the just completed Twins series so I say keep on preaching it Lip!

GO SOX!!

JoseCanseco6969
07-02-2004, 12:36 PM
You cannot deny that Olivo's record against the Cub was admirable.
Don't get me wrong, i was an Olivo fan and yes he was turning into a Cub killer. And on another note, you should check out ebay, they have a Olivo authentic Sox jersey for around $50. I think you of anyone on this board should own one.