PDA

View Full Version : If the Sox win Sunday night, wouldn't it be cool if...

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 09:24 PM
...just after the final out fireworks exploded in the night sky just beyond the obsolete scoreboard at The Shrine?

:dinger

nasox
07-01-2004, 09:32 PM
as if a fan lit them off? We would get hauled off by the cops no question.

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 10:35 PM
as if a fan lit them off? We would get hauled off by the cops no question.

Of course, the good DrCrawdad does not encourage illegal activity. But, lots of fireworks will be going off on the Fourth of July. It would be really cool though if somehow fireworks just happened to explode at the moment a WHITE SOX WINNER is sealed on Sunday.

1951Campbell
07-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Of course, the good DrCrawdad does not encourage illegal activity. But, lots of fireworks will be going off on the Fourth of July. It would be really though if some just happened to explode at the moment a WHITE SOX WINNER is sealed on Sunday.
People...make it happen.

VA_GoGoSox
07-01-2004, 10:39 PM
This would not only be cool...it would be extremely cool. In fact, the only way it would be cooler is if the scoreboard actually caught on fire.:bandance:

Kogs35
07-01-2004, 10:40 PM
This would not only be cool...it would be extremely cool. In fact, the only way it would be cooler is if the scoreboard actually caught on fire.:bandance:and maybe the ivy catching on fire also?

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 10:45 PM
This would not only be cool...it would be extremely cool. In fact, the only way it would be cooler is if the scoreboard actually caught on fire.:bandance:

I'm sure you're just kidding. As Lennon, John Lennon, said, "If you talk about destruction. Don't you know that you can count me out."

Daver
07-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm sure you're just kidding. As Lennon, John Lennon, said, "If you talk about destruction. Don't you know that you can count me out."
In.......

If your going to quote it Doc, quote it all......

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 10:52 PM
In.......

If your going to quote it Doc, quote it all......

Well, I'm "in" as far as celebrating Independence Day in the shadows of The Shrine. "Out" as far as any destructive behavior.

But Daver I was quoting Revolution, IIRC the acoustic version has the "in."

Daver
07-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Well, I'm "in" as far as celebrating Independence Day in the shadows of The Shrine. "Out" as far as any destructive behavior.

But Daver I was quoting Revolution, IIRC the acoustic version has the "in."
The studio version has it to, you have to listen closely though.

George Martin tried to hide it in the commercial release, but it is there.

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 10:58 PM

Ah, well just about anything has the potential to be destructive. Some crazy Sox fans celebrating The Fourth AND A White Sox Winner could be viewed as destructive, by Cubbie fans.

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 11:03 PM

Ok, now I'm rocking to Revolution. Damn the Beatles are great!

I couldn't hear the "in." Not surprise though that it may be under the surface though.

Daver
07-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok, now I'm rocking to Revolution. Damn the Beatles are great!

I couldn't hear the "in." Not surprise though that it may be under the surface though.
I have a copy of the studio tapes, one of these days I will copy them for you.

Blueprint1
07-01-2004, 11:47 PM
yeah great the scoreboard catches on fire and i get trampled to death by a bunch of Fat drunk chicks wearing pink cubs shirts. Sounds fun.

DrCrawdad
07-01-2004, 11:58 PM
yeah great the scoreboard catches on fire and i get trampled to death by a bunch of Fat drunk chicks wearing pink cubs shirts. Sounds fun.

There could be worse ways to go...fat drunk guys wearing pink Cubbie shirts.

Blueprint1
07-02-2004, 12:09 AM
There could be worse ways to go...fat drunk guys wearing pink Cubbie shirts.
Yeah that would suck worse.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Well I am sure there are some Sox fans living around the Shrine. If you see this and wanna show true Sox loyalty, try to pull this off somehow. If we win that is. You might not have to be right next to Wiggly, maybe a block away. Mortar shots go pretty high. Man would that be cool.

DrCrawdad
07-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Well I am sure there are some Sox fans living around the Shrine. If you see this and wanna show true Sox loyalty, try to pull this off somehow. If we win that is. You might not have to be right next to Wiggly, maybe a block away. Mortar shots go pretty high. Man would that be cool.

Yeah, Sox fans living in the vicinity of The Shrine shooting off fireworks at that moment would be cool. Of course, expect now the Cubbies to win and then they'll shoot off fireworks and claim the idea as their own.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah, Sox fans living in the vicinity of The Shrine shooting off fireworks at that moment would be cool. Of course, expect now the Cubbies to win and then they'll shoot off fireworks and claim the idea as their own.
Let's not talk like that. I really don't think the Cubs have a shot at winning that game, especially if Mark stays hot. Glendon should get ripped a new one. So again, Sox fans around the Urinal, save some mortars for a White Sox Winner.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Ha. That would be hilarious to have a ton of mortars going off just like a White Sox winner at the Cell. Cub fans would go nuts. But don't forget, Jay would find something totally wrong with that.

DrCrawdad
07-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Carlos Lee...BELTED!

http://www.ihra.com/photos/2002/toronto/saturday/fireworks.jpg

SSN721
07-02-2004, 09:33 AM
Well I do still have Roman candle thats been sitting in a box for about 4 years, still havent found a good use for it yet. :D:

Tekijawa
07-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Be Careful Guys I've read NOWHERE that Wrigleyville is a Dangerous neighborhood!

:giantsnail

skottyj242
07-02-2004, 10:03 AM
What if the scorebard at Comiskey went off after each win this weekend? Someone send Brooks an e-mail and get it done.

Blob
07-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Even if there are no fireworks, do you think we could have some more dead ivy after the series???

QueerGirrl
07-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Be Careful Guys I've read NOWHERE that Wrigleyville is a Dangerous neighborhood!

:giantsnail
:roflmao:

itsnotrequired
07-02-2004, 10:38 AM
I was riding the Brown Line to work this morning and noticed a high-flying Sox flag between the Southport and Belmont stops. The flag looks to be on the roof of a 4 story building but is also on about a 15 foot high pole. Looked really neat to see that flag flying above the sea of treetops.

Perhaps they are down for some fireworks?

Terry21fg
07-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Gents and Ladies...

I'm new to the message board...I've been a long time reader, just never been a poster....so I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I'm a life long (23 years worth) Sox fan from Mokena, IL. I've graduated from Marquette University and now call my home Milwaukee, WI.

Anyway, I make it to 5-10 games a year....it should be more, but considering the 2 hour drive and the ability to only make weekend games, is kinda tough.

With that said, I just wanted to say I love the posts I see on here and I'm looking forward to posting my own in the near future.

Let's kick some butt White Sox....screw the cubs, wrigleyville, "the shrine", moronotti and sammy sosa....

i'm out

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-02-2004, 10:56 AM
What if the scorebard at Comiskey went off after each win this weekend? Someone send Brooks an e-mail and get it done. heck, they should open up the stadium and show the game on the scoreboard. they could make a lot of money on concessions and donate the ticket sales to white sox charity. they could do fireworks everytime the sox hit a hr. i think it'd be a great and fun idea opposed to going to a bar to watch the game

DrCrawdad
07-02-2004, 12:09 PM
heck, they should open up the stadium and show the game on the scoreboard. they could make a lot of money on concessions and donate the ticket sales to white sox charity. they could do fireworks everytime the sox hit a hr. i think it'd be a great and fun idea opposed to going to a bar to watch the game

That would be very cool on Sunday night. Send an email to Boyer, no better yet call him on the phone!

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 05:15 PM
...just after the final out fireworks exploded in the night sky just beyond the obsolete scoreboard at The Shrine?

:dinger

Come on my fellow Sox fans, make this happen!!!

hsnterprize
07-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Gents and Ladies...

I'm new to the message board...I've been a long time reader, just never been a poster....so I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

I'm a life long (23 years worth) Sox fan from Mokena, IL. I've graduated from Marquette University and now call my home Milwaukee, WI.

Anyway, I make it to 5-10 games a year....it should be more, but considering the 2 hour drive and the ability to only make weekend games, is kinda tough.

With that said, I just wanted to say I love the posts I see on here and I'm looking forward to posting my own in the near future.

Let's kick some butt White Sox....screw the cubs, wrigleyville, "the shrine", moronotti and sammy sosa....

i'm out Welcome to the Sox Jungle!!!!! You're standard-issue vines to swing crazily from your ceiling will be given to you after your 90-day probationery period. Then, a WSI mod will discuss with your the benefits, incentives, and other stuff you're eligible for.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, thanks for stopping by...and don't be a stranger.

MrRoboto83
07-04-2004, 05:58 PM
and if you do get hauled off by the police, make sure it is on Wrigley Property to rack up some more crime on the northside. Although the media probably wouldnt count that one, as they didnt count much crime on the northside.

A Buehrle no hitter tonight would be winning series to me.