PDA

View Full Version : Brian Anderson Promoted to Birmingham...

Randar68
07-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Following the Carolina League All-Star game (where he went 1-4) he has shown up on the Barons' roster at http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com

Congrats to Brian, roster spot cleared when McNeal was promoted to take Reed's spot in Charlotte.

The Cheat
07-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Looks like Brian Anderson finally got the call-up... The Organization let him play in the Carolina League All-Star game before they called him up. That's a nice gesture on their part.

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=minorbaseball&page=milb-south/teams/334/roster.aspx?team=334

The Cheat
07-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Following the Carolina League All-Star game (where he went 1-4) he has shown up on the Barons' roster at http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/)

Congrats to Brian, roster spot cleared when McNeal was promoted to take Reed's spot in Charlotte.
I posted this 1 minute after you... oh well.

Soxheads
07-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Nope, the spot was cleared when Bikowski was put on the DL with a sore foot. McNeal's been up for a bit.

SoxxoS
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Bout damn time.

Now it's time for Bajenaru to be promoted to AAA, to see if he can pitch in a bandbox.

Randar68
07-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Nope, the spot was cleared when Bikowski was put on the DL with a sore foot. McNeal's been up for a bit.
ahhhh, Becker was promoted after McNeal took Burke's roster spot in Charlotte?

rdivaldi
07-01-2004, 10:20 PM
If I'm Casey Rogowski I'd be pretty irritated if I don't get the call soon. The guy has nothing left to prove in A ball. I'd say he was a little more valuable with the stick than Anderson in Winston-Salem.

Huisj
07-01-2004, 11:16 PM
If I'm Casey Rogowski I'd be pretty irritated if I don't get the call soon. The guy has nothing left to prove in A ball. I'd say he was a little more valuable with the stick than Anderson in Winston-Salem.
I'd like to see Rogowski do good, if for no other reason than that I saw him play in the State Finals in Michigan when he was a senior in high school at Detroit Catholic Central. It was really interesting to hear that he had been drafted by the sox just a few days after seeing him play.

Soxheads
07-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I believe that's when the McNeal stuff happened...

Like has been said before, there's some deadd weight in the Sox minors holding back some talent....Baj definitley deserves a shot. We talk quite a bit...he's so enthusiastic and upbeat....he's a great guy.

doublem23
07-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Sweet! More minor league talent... Who can we trade them for?

:D:

DrCrawdad
07-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Anderson was 2 for 3 tonight with a triple and an RBI.

DrCrawdad
07-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Sunday, Brian Anderson

5 AB 1 RUN 2 HITS 1 2B 3 RBI .375 BA

maurice
07-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Anderson might be the Sox #1 prospect right now.

SoxxoS
07-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Our #1 track record hasn't been that crash-hot lately, so let's stick someone like Dransfeldt at #1 and slide Anderson at #2. :cool:

Fungo
07-14-2004, 08:42 AM
In the latest edition Baseball America they have their annual mid-season breakdown.

Best Player: Brian Anderson
Biggest Leap Forward: Mike Morse (since traded to Seattle)
Biggest Disappointment: Kris Honel

Entire article at...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/minors/alcentral040702.html

Randar68
07-14-2004, 11:26 AM
In the latest edition Baseball America they have their annual mid-season breakdown.

Best Player: Brian Anderson
Biggest Leap Forward: Mike Morse (since traded to Seattle)
Biggest Disappointment: Kris Honel

Entire article at...
http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/minors/alcentral040702.html
It's hard to rate someone who's been injured as a disappointment, IMO. My pick? Reed was only hitting .275 when he was traded, but I don't think I'd pick him. Nanita didn't do much at W-S, but has been red-hot since returning to Kanny. It's hard to pick any of the real young guys in A ball because much of their struggles were somewhat expected... I guess I could see Honel, just not real comfortable with doing that to someone who's basically hurt, not due to lack of ability or poor performance.

Biggest leap forward? I'd still put McCarthy on there going from Rookie league to High A and with the level of ability he's shown. Rogowski seems to have regained prospect status, but he needs to move up.

In addition, I still don't think Morse has a position. He doesn't hit enough to play first, and his power is below average at 3rd. I'm still curious as to why he was suspended 15 days. If it was for steroids, it would certainly explain his sudden jump in production.

Fungo
07-14-2004, 12:01 PM
It's hard to rate someone who's been injured as a disappointment, IMO. My pick? Reed was only hitting .275 when he was traded, but I don't think I'd pick him. Nanita didn't do much at W-S, but has been red-hot since returning to Kanny. It's hard to pick any of the real young guys in A ball because much of their struggles were somewhat expected... I guess I could see Honel, just not real comfortable with doing that to someone who's basically hurt, not due to lack of ability or poor performance.

Biggest leap forward? I'd still put McCarthy on there going from Rookie league to High A and with the level of ability he's shown. Rogowski seems to have regained prospect status, but he needs to move up.

In addition, I still don't think Morse has a position. He doesn't hit enough to play first, and his power is below average at 3rd. I'm still curious as to why he was suspended 15 days. If it was for steroids, it would certainly explain his sudden jump in production.I wish BA would have tweaked the list so that it included a Sox prospect. They were able to make mention that Morse was traded in the Garcia deal, so why list him under the Sox? Honel was a cheap pick as well. The guys hurt for christ sake.

Apologies, I didn't realize the article was in the pay only section.