PDA

View Full Version : Seats Color, Blue or Green??

joeynach
07-01-2004, 12:35 PM
As new seats will probably be one of the changes made for phase V i ask what color does everyone think they should be. I have seen both of those superimosped pics of green seats and they look groce. The green just doesn't seem to fit the color scheme of our park, i hate it. I also hate the neon light blue we have now, this isn't the 1970's, light neon colors went out of style 25 years ago. What i really like and think would fit well would be deep navy blue, a dark blue, like they have a new soldier field. Look at places like philly, petco, atlanta. They all have the dark blue seats. I think it looks much better with the grey, charcoal, and black color scheme we now see around the park. The dark green just seems icky and out of place. It works great in places like coors, camden, and safeco becasue all the ironwork, brick, and prevalent color shemes fit in. However i dont think so here. What do you guys think.

Mickster
07-01-2004, 12:37 PM
As new seats will probably be one of the changes made for phase V i ask what color does everyone think they should be. I have seen both of those superimosped pics of green seats and they look groce. The green just doesn't seem to fit the color scheme of our park, i hate it. I also hate the neon light blue we have now, this isn't the 1970's, light neon colors went out of style 25 years ago. What i really like and think would fit well would be deep navy blue, a dark blue, like they have a new soldier field. Look at places like philly, petco, atlanta. They all have the dark blue seats. I think it looks much better with the grey, charcoal, and black color scheme we now see around the park. The dark green just seems icky and out of place. It works great in places like coors, camden, and safeco becasue all the ironwork, brick, and prevalent color shemes fit in. However i dont think so here. What do you guys think.
groce or gross? :smile:

DaveIsHere
07-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I think groce is a puke green color:(:

A.T. Money
07-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Forest Green, like one of those pictures posted here. The scheme of the park is grey and green. The seats are like the only thing left of the blue.

Blue kinda sucks. And don't tell me about people being in them, so you can't see it. That's a load of BS. The green and blue clash. Pick a color and stick to it. And it looks like the White Sox are going green now.

Rush20
07-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I think the power that be are choosing dark green due to fan feedback over the past few years. I agree that it looks better with brickwork and I'm hoping the SOX add more brickwork to the ballpark like they did with the concourse concessions, etc.

I hope they take the lead from Camden Yards and brick the home plate backdrop and lowering the wall behind home plate by adding more seats. I know the execs were really impressed when they visited SafeCo during the playoffs a few years back and took many of the rehab ideas from that visit.

I also think they should trim off the pressbox with a brick facade.

joeynach
07-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks spelling teacher. I have said it once and ill say it again. My 25k engineering education doesn't provide english and writing studies. Oh well.

joeynach
07-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Forest Green, like one of those pictures posted here. The scheme of the park is grey and green. The seats are like the only thing left of the blue.

Blue kinda sucks. And don't tell me about people being in them, so you can't see it. That's a load of BS. The green and blue clash. Pick a color and stick to it. And it looks like the White Sox are going green now.
Nope. Those exterior tinted arched windows which are supposed to be the signature architectural item are still that icky light blue tint. It looks nasty i think. They did a great job getting that light neon blue color eliminated from the stadium (except for the seats). Why do they still have it on the outside of the stadium for everyone to see. I think if they just went to a dark tinted charcoal color it would look 50x better.

JoseCanseco6969
07-01-2004, 01:10 PM
I for one would love to see grey seats. I think that would be a great touch to the park. But forest green is just fine with me as long as the ugly blue is gone

A.T. Money
07-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Nope. Those exterior tinted arched windows which are supposed to be the signature architectural item are still that icky light blue tint. It looks nasty i think. They did a great job getting that light neon blue color eliminated from the stadium (except for the seats). Why do they still have it on the outside of the stadium for everyone to see. I think if they just went to a dark tinted charcoal color it would look 50x better.
Yeah but that looks OK.

We're talking inside the park.

SEALgep
07-01-2004, 03:35 PM
I'll take either green or silver. Both look good IMO.

OurBitchinMinny
07-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Seat color really doesnt matter if you fill em up

HomeFish
07-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I want absolutely nothing to do with brickwork. If that's what you care about, go to the National League ballpark in town.

Green Seats, on the other hand, I could tolerate, especially if they went with the outfield wall color. However, I'm not quite as obsessive on the matter as some others here are.

Huisj
07-01-2004, 09:03 PM
To be honest, I still like the blue. It's very distinctive because hardly anyone has them anymore except yankee stadium. It seems that everyone has green, and the pictures I saw that people rendered on here with green seats made me think it made the park look real generic, almost to the point of being bland. Call me crazy, but I'd stick with blue.

Also, NO BRICKWORK, please! I really hope we don't add brick anywhere else because it's just another step toward looking like every other stinking park that tries to be "cool." Take Baltimore for example--they put in brick behind the plate, and it looks awful and out of place there. When a "neat" or "distinctive" feature is copied by everyone, it's not all that neat or distinctive.

LongLiveFisk
07-01-2004, 09:05 PM
Also, NO BRICKWORK, please! I really hope we don't add brick anywhere else because it's just another step toward looking like every other stinking park that tries to be "cool." Take Baltimore for example--they put in brick behind the plate, and it looks awful and out of place there. When a "neat" or "distinctive" feature is copied by everyone, it's not all that neat or distinctive.
I agree here. Haven't enough ballparks been "Wriglified" already, just out of curiosity?

doublem23
07-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Now that the park is no longer called Comiskey Park, I don't care.

Daver
07-01-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't care if the seats are the color of a babboon's ass in August, spend the money to field a winning team.

nitetrain8601
07-02-2004, 12:05 AM
To be honest, I still like the blue. It's very distinctive because hardly anyone has them anymore except yankee stadium. It seems that everyone has green, and the pictures I saw that people rendered on here with green seats made me think it made the park look real generic, almost to the point of being bland. Call me crazy, but I'd stick with blue.

I agree. I think if anything, get a darker blue, but from the renderings with green seats that some people did on photoshop or w/e, the ballpark looks bad IMO. Blue matches more with what they're doing. It's like an accent color. Any green really doesn't work unless from what I've seen. Also green is getting old. Should we add a huge Coke bottle in LF, brickwork all over the place and let's gut the plumbing, electrical work, jumbotron and electric scoreboard. Then we'll call ourselves Wrigley South.

Keep the blue.

pissonthecubs
07-02-2004, 12:17 AM
The dark green just seems icky and out of place. It works great in places like coors, camden, and safeco becasue all the ironwork, brick, and prevalent color shemes fit in. However i dont think so here. What do you guys think.
WHAT??? it works in those three parks cuz of the ironwork and brick? have you been to the park this year? look up towards the upper deck? is it just me or is there a good amount of ironwork. and down on the main concourse, since the changes before the 2003 season, i think there is a good amount of brick on the walls and around the support beams. i think the dark green seats would go real well with the updated sections of the park. the dark green seats look real good at miller park and the three mentioned before.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Green, but if there are people in the seats, does anyone really care?

A.T. Money
07-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Seat color really doesnt matter if you fill em up
Sure it does. You can still see highlights. It clashes, and by me typing this again, you obviously don't read before you post.

joeynach
07-02-2004, 10:20 AM
WHAT??? it works in those three parks cuz of the ironwork and brick? have you been to the park this year? look up towards the upper deck? is it just me or is there a good amount of ironwork. and down on the main concourse, since the changes before the 2003 season, i think there is a good amount of brick on the walls and around the support beams. i think the dark green seats would go real well with the updated sections of the park. the dark green seats look real good at miller park and the three mentioned before.
Our park has much more open faced concrete facade than other parks. All around the tiered decks and the press box area. It was painted that grey color a couple years ago, but i just think a dark navy nlue would better accent that prevailing color scheme then dark green. At those other parks its more brick and ironwork and dark green color facade where at our park its grey painted concrete, get the point.

skobabe8
07-02-2004, 02:10 PM
The padding on the walls is green. Why would they do that and then keep the seats blue?