PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Matchups Vs. Cubs

SaltyPretzel
07-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know what the matchups are for this weekend vs. the Cubs? Thanks!

delben91
07-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Per ESPN:

Friday - Loaiza vs. Zambrano
Saturday - Diaz vs. Maddux
Sunday - Buehrle vs. Rusch

Foulke You
07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
If the rotations stay the same, it will be:

Game 1- Felix Diaz/Jon Rauch vs. Carlos Zambrano
Game 2- Esteban Loaiza vs Greg Maddux
Game 3- Mark Buehrle vs. Glendon Rusch

Foulke You
07-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Per ESPN:

Sunday - Buehrle vs. Rusch
That's odd...wouldn't Friday be the #5 guy's turn to pitch?

jenmcm76
07-01-2004, 12:13 PM
According to CBS Sportsline, its...

7/2: Diaz vs. Zambrano
7/3: Loaiza vs. Maddux
7/4: Buehrle vs. Rusch

GO SOX!

pl8ump1012
07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
I'd love to see Diaz beat Zambrano again

delben91
07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
That's odd...wouldn't Friday be the #5 guy's turn to pitch?

Yeah, though with the off day on Monday I suppose it's been 4 rest days for Loaiza come friday. I just put up there what ESPN had, no other source or reason. I could guess that maybe they'd want to keep Esteban's rhythm and have Diaz pushed back to Saturday.

There was an article (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp?intID=3816887) in the Daily Herald the other day that said this though...

After getting a collective 0-8 (11.97 ERA) performance in the five spot before Jon Rauch and Felix Diaz stepped up and delivered wins last week, White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen needs to decide on a No. 5 starter for Saturday's game at Wrigley Field.

Based on his solid outing against the cross-town Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field last weekend, Diaz appears likely to get the nod.

So maybe it is just a rhythm thing for Esteban. Maybe he'll pitch Saturday. Maybe Ken Hill is floating around out there and will start today... Who knows.

:?:

HebrewHammer
07-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Maybe Ken Hill is floating around out there and will start today... Who knows.
(shudder)

Sox PA
07-01-2004, 12:38 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_probable_pitchers.jsp?ymd=20040703

Friday Probables: E. Loaiza (8-3, 4.28), C. Zambrano (8-3, 2.56)
Saturday Probables: F. Diaz (1-1, 8.59), G. Maddux (6-6, 4.49)
Sunday Probables: To Be Announced

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/schedule/probables.jsp
Sunday: Mark Buehrle (8-2, 4.33), Glendon Rusch (4-1, 4.33)

If the first four perform like last week and Buehrle puts the hot stuff on his arm again, it looks like we can take all 3!!

longshot7
07-01-2004, 12:44 PM
at least we'll miss Prior.

A.T. Money
07-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I'd rather see Diaz on Saturday vs. Maddux. I think we have a better chance of blasting Maddux to stay in the game if Diaz gets hit a little bit. I think our chances with Esteban going up against Zambrano is better than Diaz shutting down the Cubs again. The matchups are a bit in our favor in that regard.

I can see us grabbing 2 of 3 this weekend. Boy how sweet it would be.

JoseCanseco6969
07-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Damn, i bought tickets for saturday hoping for a loaiza/maddux rematch. Oh well, hopefully we get the good Diaz or else I'll be hearing a huge earfull from Flub fans in the UD.

mantis1212
07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
I'd rather see Diaz on Saturday vs. Maddux. I think we have a better chance of blasting Maddux to stay in the game if Diaz gets hit a little bit. I think our chances with Esteban going up against Zambrano is better than Diaz shutting down the Cubs again. The matchups are a bit in our favor in that regard.

I can see us grabbing 2 of 3 this weekend. Boy how sweet it would be.
I have a feeling that's what the Sox were thinking also. The odds of Diaz beating Zambrano twice in one week seem pretty slim...

pl8ump1012
07-01-2004, 02:56 PM
The odds of Diaz beating Zambrano twice in one week seem pretty slim...
But at the same time, i think that most people thought that the odds of Diaz beating Zambrano even once was pretty slim.

Tekijawa
07-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Damn, i bought tickets for saturday hoping for a loaiza/maddux rematch. Oh well, hopefully we get the good Diaz or else I'll be hearing a huge earfull from Flub fans in the UD.
I think there's a better chance that we'll face a Bad Maddux than have a good Diaz.... Didn't that guy say he was going to win his 300th against us? I Guess the way hes been pitching he might be able to get us next year?

inta
07-01-2004, 03:54 PM
according to whitesox.com it's loaiza vs zam tomorrow.

Whitesox029
07-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Per ESPN:

Sunday - Buehrle vs. RuschCorrection: Tomorrow is Diaz's turn, Saturday is Loaiza's

We won with those first two matchups already and Garland-Prior has now been replaced with Buehrle-Rusch, which makes me feel better about these matchups than last weekend's...gotta be careful though. Diaz did beat Zambrano, which means that Rusch could certainly beat Buehrle.

WSox8404
07-02-2004, 12:24 AM
But at the same time, i think that most people thought that the odds of Diaz beating Zambrano even once was pretty slim.
That is such a great picture that you have.:supernana:

TDog
07-02-2004, 12:48 AM
While Sox play Cubs, the Twinks will be playing the D-Backs, who are do to win sometime. Twinks listed starter is their new problem fifth starter (although no one ever writes that the Twinks have a problem with their fifth starter) Saturday. And he's no Marte. D-Backs' starter doesn't seem much better. The good news is Silva next goes up against Randy Johnson on Sunday.