PDA

View Full Version : Sox got their due respect

gobears1987
07-01-2004, 12:08 AM
I just saw the beginning of 12:00 sportscenter. The 1st story was the Sox. They had a nice thing about Freddy Garcia and his pitches. It was very positive for the Sox and Garcia. They showed the usual highlights and gave the Sox their deserved compliments. The anchor even said "He Gone" during a Garcia Strike out. The announcing you hear in the background of the clips is the Sox team of Hawk and DJ. (nice to hear "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD eee YESSSS!")

The 2nd story was the Flubs, it was negative towards them and positive towards Houston. They showed the Flubs **** up which was nice. Obviously Sportscenter gets it that the Sox are better and deserve to be the top story in all of sports.

If only the Chicago media could just get it and realize that the Sox are the bigger story and the only team that has a chance.

gobears1987
07-01-2004, 12:23 AM
bump

eurotrash35
07-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Saw it, I was pretty surprised that they led off. I was at the computer and didn't expect the highlights to come on for at least another 20 minutes.

Hopefully the highlights of our victory tomorrow will lead off again. :D:

gobears1987
07-01-2004, 12:26 AM
I turned on the 11:30 SC at 11:45 expecting the Sox to get the usual treatment at the rear end of the show, only to miss them and have to see the beginning of the 12:00 where they led off to my surprise.

MRKARNO
07-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Well I can't think of many bigger stories in sports. How much can you talk about the Red Sox losing to the Yankees again?

CWSGuy406
07-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Well I can't think of many bigger stories in sports. How much can you talk about the Red Sox losing to the Yankees again?
This Freddy Garcia deal is bigger (nationally) then I thought it would be. This really was a huge move (from a national standpoint).

gobears1987
07-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Quite alot when you load the bases with no outs and fail to get a run (LMAO at the Bo Sox for that one)