PDA

View Full Version : Quotable Chimp

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 11:02 PM
Okay, it's the top of the seventh inning. The Flubs have blown a 5-0 lead the previous frame, but have managed to squeak out a run. The score is 6-5.

So what does Chimp say?

"The Cubs EXTEND the lead!"
:chimp

We ought to send that one to the guys at Astros Connection for their Chimp Caray Magic 8 Ball. Reality imitates art.

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 11:08 PM
Good stuff George.

I myself loved the comment he made after Sosa thought he hit a homer but the Umps said no.

The fans here in Pittsburgh want to see Sosa circle the bases!

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Okay, it's the top of the seventh inning. The Flubs have blown a 5-0 lead the previous frame, but have managed to squeak out a run. The score is 6-5.

So what does Chimp say?

"The Cubs EXTEND the lead!"

We ought to send that one to the guys at Astros Connection for their Chimp Caray Magic 8 Ball. Reality imitates art.

It's just a shame that Joe Carter wasn't there to spin that to even more ridiculous malapropism extremes.

:carter

"The bells are certainly toiling for the Cubs!"

FarWestChicago
09-24-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

It's just a shame that Joe Carter wasn't there to spin that to even more ridiculous malapropism extremes.

:carter

"The bells are certainly toiling for the Cubs!" LMAO!!

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Cheeses
"The bells are certainly toiling for the Cubs!"

I believe Carter has actually said that on air. If he hasn't good one Cheeses.

:moron
I'm thinking about getting into the broadcast booth.

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 11:24 PM
Joe Carter did say something along those lines once.

I swear, you listen to him for 5, 10 minutes and you come up with a 30-minute comedy act. He gets *none* of those "catch phrases" right, I swear!

Kilroy
09-24-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Joe Carter did say something along those lines once.

They play that bit on the Score all the time along with Carter talking after the games resumed about "return to normalicy".

ihatethecubs
09-25-2001, 12:32 AM
anybody hear his thing about the 3 musketeers during the game tonight?

PutItOnTheBoard
09-25-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

They play that bit on the Score all the time along with Carter talking after the games resumed about "return to normalicy".

LOL! I haven't heard that yet. And I listen to the Score all the time. That's funny. I'd bet Joe is probably a big fan of the (non)word "irregardless" too.

Tonight, I switched over to the flubs during a Sox commercial - just to check in and see how much more Pittsburgh had increased their lead - and Joe was saying something like "today there was a mayoral election in New York, and there is a campaign underfoot to write-in Rudy Giuliani. So it will be interesting to see if he serves another term." Completely ignorant of the fact that under current New York law it is IMPOSSIBLE for Giuliani to be reelected. Joe, stick to your tenuous hold on baseball analysis, and leave the political commentary to people who actually have a clue.

Jerry_Manuel
09-25-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by PutItOnTheBoard
Joe was saying something like "today there was a mayoral election in New York, and there is a campaign underfoot to write-in Rudy Giuliani. So it will be interesting to see if he serves another term." Completely ignorant of the fact that under current New York law it is IMPOSSIBLE for Giuliani to be reelected. Joe, stick to your tenuous hold on baseball analysis, and leave the political commentary to people who actually have a clue.

I heard that to and he did mention that Giuliani couldn't serve another term. Yet he said the write in comment anyway.