PDA

View Full Version : Offical Meet Wills and Bill Melton at Cork and Kerry's Fri Night

Dadawg_77
07-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Since Dave doesn't know how to do this, he asked while signing out to post this message over here.

Dave Register as a memeber, pick any name you want.

Then click on New Thread, it is that easy.:D:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-01-2004, 12:11 AM

Then click on New Thread, it is that easy.:D: huh??? is dave wills going to sign up for the message boards here???? that'd be cool

WSox8404
07-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Come on Dave. Register. You know you want to.

valposoxfan
07-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Come on Dave. Register. You know you want to.
I was able to meet Dave on Sunday at the Cell on the fan deck during a break in the pregame show and told him that I am the program director at the Source95 in Valpo and he gave me his card and number and contact info for potential internship purposes. He is a great guy. Made my day before the game even started.

hose
07-01-2004, 07:09 AM
:wills

"no roof tops for me laddie"

Clembasbal
07-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Am I wrong to say that they will be doing the pregame there on Saturday as well?

I was planning on being there with a few friends early Saturday to get a seat.

That place rocks!

Dadawg_77
07-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Am I wrong to say that they will be doing the pregame there on Saturday as well?

I was planning on being there with a few friends early Saturday to get a seat.

That place rocks!
Nope you are correct sir.

TornLabrum
07-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Since Dave doesn't know how to do this, he asked while signing out to post this message over here.

Then click on New Thread, it is that easy.:D:
Come one Dave! Register! I promise you'll get treated better than:knue .

Hondo
07-01-2004, 10:36 AM
I met Dave Saturday after the Sox pounced the North SIders. He was a really nice guy. We chatted for a minute, then he signed an autograph for me.

He's a big Sox fan and he doesn't hide that. I think that's great.

Does anyone notice he rarely refers to the Cubs and almost always calls Wrigley "the Shrine"?

zach23
07-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Got to meet him and Melton at Jimbo's and share some beers with them thanks to Steff. Wills is a great guy and I love his post game shows. It is good to have a pure Sox fan doing the show.

Blob
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if they serve food there?

Foulke You
07-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Dave Wills was calling this their "Anywhere But Wrigley" weekend. LOL. I'll be in the front lines at "The Shrine" on Friday and Sunday. Have a few cold ones at Cork and Kerrie's for me fellas! I'm staying away from Wrigley swill. :gulp:

joeynach
07-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Dave Wills was calling this their "Anywhere But Wrigley" weekend. LOL. I'll be in the front lines at "The Shrine" on Friday and Sunday. Have a few cold ones at Cork and Kerrie's for me fellas! I'm staying away from Wrigley swill. :gulp:
What and where is Cork and Kerrie's. If there is cork does that mean Sammy will be there, but of course only to put on a show for the fans.

Dadawg_77
07-01-2004, 12:30 PM
What and where is Cork and Kerrie's. If there is cork does that mean Sammy will be there, but of course only to put on a show for the fans.
It is Southside Irish bar on the Western Ave. Stip. Not sure of the cross street but 105 or something.

CHISOXFAN13
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
It is Southside Irish bar on the Western Ave. Stip. Not sure of the cross street but 105 or something.

Cork is on 106th and Western.

It features one of the best, if not the best, beer gardens in the city.

Dadawg_77
07-01-2004, 12:37 PM

It features one of the best, if not the best, beer gardens in the city.
For being a Northsider I was very close.

joeynach
07-01-2004, 12:37 PM

It features one of the best, if not the best, beer gardens in the city.Man i cant beleive i didn't know about this place. I used to live off 96th Ave. Right were it intersects (dead ends) into western ave. Native southsiders are the best. I know of this place on 115th st and Kedzie called bourbon street which is a cool south side sox bar. By the way what time is everyone meeting up. Just for the game, or like an all night thing too.

clarkent
07-01-2004, 01:01 PM
It is Cork and Kerry-- not Kerries. It does not have food and last I remember it does not take credit cards. It is an excellent bar. On west side of Western avenue just south of 106th st.

zach23
07-01-2004, 01:04 PM
It is Cork and Kerry-- not Kerries. It does not have food and last I remember it does not take credit cards. It is an excellent bar. On west side of Western avenue just south of 106th st.

Would they allow someone to bring food in? I was only there once and it was a long time ago.

skottyj242
07-01-2004, 01:51 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't let you bring food in. There's a Mr. Sub and a Taco Bell across the street. There's a great pizza place called Milano's just down the street that will deliver to the bar (I used to hang out down the street at Joe Bailley's (R.I.P)) As far as credit cards we were in there last Saturday after the game and they do take cards but only inside so if you get there and get a seat inside you're golden. But if you plan on doing that come early because it's pretty small inside. Who's planning on going? I should be there.

Paxson93
07-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I am 95% sure that they do now take credit cards with the new owners.

And they do let you bring food in-- they will even order pizza for you.

skottyj242
07-01-2004, 02:03 PM
I can pretty much walk there so I'll more than likely be there on Saturday. Is anyone else planning on going?

alohafri
07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Those who aren't going to the game tomorrow--Dave Wills is going to be at the C & K for the pre-game show--the Aloha's are planning to be there--let's get a big WSI contingency to go!!

--Mrs. Aloha

rwcescato
07-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know if they serve food there?
No they don't serve food there but I think they allow you to order pizza
from nearby places. At anyrate i will be there after I go on lake michigan
in the morning. I will be wearing my Black Sox jersey with Thomas' name on it.
Rich

mjmcend
07-01-2004, 11:57 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't let you bring food in. There's a Mr. Sub and a Taco Bell across the street. There's a great pizza place called Milano's just down the street that will deliver to the bar (I used to hang out down the street at Joe Bailley's (R.I.P)) As far as credit cards we were in there last Saturday after the game and they do take cards but only inside so if you get there and get a seat inside you're golden. But if you plan on doing that come early because it's pretty small inside. Who's planning on going? I should be there.
If you are going to get Milano's go for the deep dish, that is excellent.... the thin crust not anywhere near as good. And to get a seat inside you are probably going to have to get there pretty early.

Dadawg_77
07-01-2004, 11:58 PM
No they don't serve food there but I think they allow you to order pizza
from nearby places. At anyrate i will be there after I go on lake michigan
in the morning. I will be wearing my Black Sox jersey with Thomas' name on it.
Rich
You will really stand out.

FlaSoxxJim
07-02-2004, 12:56 AM
If you are going to get Milano's go for the deep dish, that is excellent.... the thin crust not anywhere near as good. And to get a seat inside you are probably going to have to get there pretty early.
Chuck's (101st and Western or so) thin crust is way better, and you can get good dogs, shakes and deep-fried tacos at Janson's on 99th and Western.

nitetrain8601
07-02-2004, 02:36 AM
I strongly agree to that. Their deep-dish and thin crust are two entirely different pizzas. Anyone know why Joe Bailey's closed down? It was always busy when I passed it in the early hours of the morning.

Clembasbal
07-02-2004, 08:40 AM
I will be there Saturday with a nuch of friends...does anybody know what time it starts and what time ya'll are planning on being there?

Anyway, to respond to an earlier quote...Bourbon Street on 115th and Kedzie su.su.su.sucks.

Belton Bill is a good guy, if any of you guys get a chance to meet him.

steff
07-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Belton Bill is a good guy, if any of you guys get a chance to meet him.:cool:

skottyj242
07-02-2004, 10:26 AM
I strongly agree to that. Their deep-dish and thin crust are two entirely different pizzas. Anyone know why Joe Bailey's closed down? It was always busy when I passed it in the early hours of the morning.
I pretty much lived in that place for the last four years it was open. They had a big problem with letting under age folks in and they got busted a bunch. They also had a problem with fights in the lot and I'm pretty sure there were drugs being sold. So on Jan 1st their liquor license ran out. A bunch of my friends were there for New Years and paid 75 bucks for booze from 10-3 and the cops came in at midnight and shut it down. No refunds.

alohafri
07-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Belton Bill is a good guy, if any of you guys get a chance to meet him.
Highlight of my afternoon (since the Scrubbies won) was taking a leak next to Meltie, listening to him rip on Zambrano, dropping a few f-bombs along the way.

zach23
07-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Highlight of my afternoon (since the Scrubbies won) was taking a leak next to Meltie, listening to him rip on Zambrano, dropping a few f-bombs along the way.

The highlight of my afternoon was winning the raffle for the autographed Carlos Lee jersey.

Blob
07-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey, nice to meet you and the misses Aloha! We had a great time.

Also, our best part was Zach23 won the Carlos Lee Signed jersey in the raffle drawing! So the day was not a total loss!!

alohafri
07-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey, nice to meet you and the misses Aloha! We had a great time.

Also, our best part was Zach23 won the Carlos Lee Signed jersey in the raffle drawing! So the day was not a total loss!!
Congrats Zach23!
I should have added that meeting Zach23 and Blob was a very close second to peeing next to Melton! Hope our paths cross again.

Dolly
07-03-2004, 12:21 PM
I am 95% sure that they do now take credit cards with the new owners.

And they do let you bring food in-- they will even order pizza for you.
Being a Cork and Kerry regular on Fridays after work, I can tell you that one of the new owners also owns a pizza place (Pizza King on 55th & State), so they order it from there and it is free to anyone who is there. I have had many a Friday evening dinner there. Not quite sure if they do that on Sat. afternoons, but if the pre-game show is there and they have a lot of people, they probably would.

Blob
07-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Congrats Zach23!
I should have added that meeting Zach23 and Blob was a very close second to peeing next to Melton! Hope our paths cross again.
HAHAHA I can rest in peace now...I finished second to whizzing next to an ex-ballplayer!!!!