PDA

View Full Version : Cubs lose, only lead Sox by 3


Viva Magglio
09-24-2001, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't it be something if...

Bucktown
09-24-2001, 10:29 PM
How much did McGriff cost them? What is their record since then?

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Wouldn't it be something if...


:moron
.....Sammy caught Barry Bonds?

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 10:36 PM
Come on, let's go easy on the Flubs. After all, they have to run through that Hell's Gauntlet of NL Central teams in the last 2 weeks -- you know, the Reds (61-89) and the Pirates (57-94).

Even the Mariners or Yankees would have their hands full with *those* guys...*****!

By the way, did you see Tavarez forget how many outs there were in the 8th tonight? Even :chimp was beyond disgust.

Lovin' every damn minute of it...


:moron

This is very un-delicious.

GASHWOUND
09-24-2001, 10:40 PM
I already have my "Ah Ha! You Suck" speech all ready for my favorite Punching Bags. It woud be SOOOO embarrassing for those losers if we passed them record wise. I wouldn't ever want to show my face again n public wearing any cub appearal. Well, thats already an embarrassment so it probaby wouldn't make any difference.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 10:50 PM
I must say, watching the Baby Bears just fall off the face of the earth so slowly but surely has taken a bit of the sting off the Sox's disappointing season this year. And if the Sox can just finish with a better record than them...man. After all the sh*t this team has taken from jamochs like Moronotti et al this year, I would consider that a moral victory at the least.

HootieMcBoob
09-24-2001, 11:04 PM
i liked the tavarez bone-head play, but did you also see the botched routine doubleplay ball that young dropped? and also mueller dropping the foul pop-up? and...good ol' Gary Matthews Jr. hits the game winning zinger to make things even sweeter. gotta love it.

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
After all the sh*t this team has taken from jamochs like Moronotti et al this year, I would consider that a moral victory at the least.

:ass
Don't forget me Cheeses.

cheeses_h_rice
09-24-2001, 11:08 PM
I'm always at work during North's show, so thankfully I don't have to listen to him fairweathering it. He's certainly not alone in that category.

In fact, aren't there many Chicago sportscasters/radio personalities/etc. who have some 'splainin' to do after their schizophrenic treatment of the Sox vs. Flubs this year?

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
In fact, aren't there many Chicago sportscasters/radio personalities/etc. who have some 'splainin' to do after their schizophrenic treatment of the Sox vs. Flubs this year?

:clueless
I'm in San Jose now so you can't touch me!

:giangreco
How about those blue seats at Comiskey?

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


:clueless
I'm in San Jose now so you can't touch me!

:giangreco
How about those blue seats at Comiskey?


I noticed some bright blue empty ones at Soldier Field yesterday. Funny, I don't remember any TV sportcasters making snide comments about them.

Jerry_Manuel
09-24-2001, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I noticed some bright blue empty ones at Soldier Field yesterday. Funny, I don't remember any TV sportcasters making snide comments about them.

:giangreco
It was cold and raining so people didn't go to the game. Yes that should do.